Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Too many updates

Everytime I want to use Excel or another office product on my Mac I have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to update. Updates happen way to frecuently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An Office dedicated PC/device

Invent/create a new lightweight PC/device dedicated to Microsoft Office usage (with all the cloud functionality) and email/social/internet browsing only.
    Instead of limiting the performance (like in the netbooks) or the editing functionalities (like in the tablets), in this new device you will have full functionality and performance focused to the Office suite use, that is the 80% of a PC usage for a lot of "travellIng" people.
    So, an Office dedicated surface book at a competitive price (no. Ore than 500-700 EUR/USD), based on a simple and stable OS (e.g. a "Windows light" or a unix based one).
    Office 365…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great in Office 365 for Mac Excel to have additional functionality around the 'separator' function for different currencies

It would be great in Office 365 for Mac Excel to have additional functionality around the 'separator' function for different currencies, i.e. AU$ ($x,***,***.xx) vs EU€ (€x.***.***,xx). Individual cells should be able to be formatted as either AU$ or EU€ or other, and the format of the number value (i.e. "." or ",") should match the selection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow mail contacts that are hidden to be visible when looking at DL memberships in Outlook.com

We have 10,000+ mail contacts that are members of one or more Distribution Lists. In Exchange 2010, you could view the memberships of all the DL's, even those members whom were hidden. Microsoft seems to have removed that ability and requires the contact to be visible. We cannot be the only company that does not want to blow up our GAL with 10,000+ contacts just so we can see the membership of a DL. Please consider making this change so that i mimics the same behavior we enjoyed in Exchange 2010.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mailuser - please don't make O365 E and EMS suplans dependant on Exchange

We are having a large number of internal users that are not on Exchange online in our tennant, but they require and E5 and EMS5 license and we have applications that use email for SSO.

We noticed now that more and more protection plans are added that rely on Exchange, that is leading to change of Primary SMTP address to our Exchange domain name and leading to sign in errors for our users as the primary smpt is no longer the one the application knows.

Is it possible to avoid the dependency on Exchange, it is one thing to require…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How do migrate in PST format from Outlook Express data

Outlook Express does not support in new windows. In the new window, MS Outlook supports, but the.DBX file of Outlook Express does not open in MS Outlook. I have some imported .DBX files, I need a good converter tool that will convert my DBX file to PST file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fast tracking of sent item status

Dear team
    I am Mohammad shahid currently working in Mahindra susten pvt LTD in India want to suggest about fast tracking of sent mail status can we do anything like what app if our mail read by receiver some color should be changed in sent mail box so that we can sure mail would have been read at that time.if the receiver does not read the mail we can inform them about same. It is very little but sure will be very useful
    My mail ID is shahid.mohammad2@mahindra.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How someone could hide mail history (forwarded) under some 3 stupid dots?? Give option to show or not to show message with history (forward)

When email message is forwarded, the whole history is hidden under 3 dots .... sorry that's stupidity as it hides often important messages that might be skipped (and it is ... otherwise I would not post it).

There shall be an option where user can decide ... if to display whole message being forwarded with new text or just new text and forwarded data hidden under these 3 $%^$@%^$ dots.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a personal mailinglist in office365 mail webapplication

In a local desktop outlook you can make a personal mailinglist. So you can add several mailadresses to send them all an email. In OWA that's not possible, but a wish for several users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give Outlook more of a CRM Feel

I would suggest when we right click on an email sender we could see a menu slide out that shows main areas (email, cal, tasks, people) so we could select one and see a sliding menu (New to old) of those items that would show up in a search. This would allow users that need the basics of a CRM to use Outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Outlook OWA Virtru Encryption

Make sure that the new Outlook OWA works with third-party encryption solutions/plugins such as Virtru.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to pick from a list of colors and apply the color to individual folders in One drive.

One drive could use the ability to colorize folders. This would allow for visual categorizing. The ability to sort folders in the drive by color would then seem to be the next logical feature to add.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the android apps for s9

The apps on the S9 will not allow sign in and they are also.not displaying or functioning correctly. Tried lots of fixes to no avail. Download one note seperately and that works fine so there must be an issue with word Excel PowerPoint current patches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ditch Early Termination Fees

ETF's in O365 are unwarranted. You're entire system is automated, why do I need to be charged an ETF for not needing a product. O365 is wildly popular and is generating a huge profit for MS. This just seems like an unnecessary move to try and keep people in their subscriptions. I happen to change subscriptions as needed, and the ETF's feel like unnecessary punishment, especially since I'm still a paying customer. Please end them...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Inbox rule: Mail was sent by Office 356

Settings -> Mail -> Automatic Processing -> Inbox and sweep rule
    New condition: Was sent by Office 365
    Why: It would be nice to have all office 365 information messages in separate folder. Now it is really easy to overlook important mail. Moving all automatic mails sent by Office 365 to separate folder like "Office365 or whatever" would solve chaos problem.
    With new planner application there is really a lot of information mails.

Optional:
    Or event better with subcategories and more precise filtering like ( all, groups, planner etc )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open other users calendar subfolders

I would like to search and view a calendar in a sub-folder which was created by other users from directory in my calendar. When I try to add a calendar (created by other users) from directory, the default calendar will be opened automatically; however, I would like to specify a user from directory and add the calendar which is created in the sub-folder. Currently, if I need to add the calendar from other users, I need to send an email and share it with the person who has created the calendar. I can save a lot of time and effort…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically refresh when a new file is uploaded to Sharepoint Library

This used to happen - the new file you would upload would be shown in the current directory after you uploaded it. Now something has recently changed and you have to manually refresh to see the new upload. Please go back to automatically showing the new file in the directory - possibly with an automatic refresh after the upload is complete. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Outlook Features Missing on Mac - Drag File Into Folder

In Windows, when you drag an email into another folder location, it actually moves the email. In Mac, this feature is by default set to copy. You have to hold the Command button in order to change it. Please add a setting so that users can reverse this functionality if they so desire.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. give Microsoft hundreds of £ for Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones over the last 5 years and I received Outdated Apps, ternbile hardwear and

I believe it is disrespectful for a Microsoft customer to be ignored and treated like dirt after Microsoft has made a lot of money from me I have been using Windows Mobile phones for over 5 years and deserve better customer service and support which I have not received.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base