Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Forms should include an indicator if the form is anonymous or if it is gathering names

Users in an organization know that forms can track names (if that setting is enabled). Users currently have no confidence that a form is truly anonymous. It would be nice if the form indicated somewhere if names were or were not being collected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Shifts available to the Government Community Cloud (GCC)

Make Shifts available to the Government Community Cloud (GCC)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tree structure of folders in light version of office 365 OWA

Please make the tree structure of folders in light version of office 365 OWA like in nor,al version of Office 365 OWA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a IP address search function to specify O365 service by using IP address that I use in Office 365

I would like to check that the IP address that was detected within our company would be applied to which services in Office 365.

Currently, there is no function to specify Office 365 service by IP address, so I would like you to implement a search function which services (or which port numbers) would be matched with a certain IP address. Or I would like you to implement the search function using IP address to do this in Office 365 Admin center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. publisher autosave

All the Office 365 program have the Autosave button---except Publisher. It is necessary! Don't know why it wasn't included, but please add Autosave to Publisher just as it is available in all the other program!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add loop slideshow feature in PowerPoint Online

loop slideshow in PowerPoint Online

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fully explore the unintended consequences of your "improvements" to Office 365. You took away my ability to send emails to my groups.

Your latest update to Office 365 removed the possibility of sending an email message to members of my contact groups. (Why else would I create a contact group?) Even the techies in my IT office couldn't figure out how to fix the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In-Place archive is not available in the Office 365 Business versions of Outlook

I have subscribed to In-Place archiving on a shared folder in our account, but since we are using the Business Premium versions of Outlook, we can not view this archive in the application. If I'm paying for the subscription, then I should have access to this archive from within Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Issue with onedrive for bsuness

There apperes to be a issue with the onedrive for busness when users try to set up that part of there account it appers it keeps on handing up on the same web pages which has been going on for a few weeks now. Can you have someone look into correcting this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We would like to have an option to exclude sending email when sharing a file or folder from the new onedrive view as in thew old classic vie

We would like to have an option to exclude sending email when sharing a file or folder from the new onedrive view as in thew old classic view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Control which users to have the access when adding guest users to Office 365 Groups

It would be good to have a control function that can have two type of group owners when creating Office 365 Groups – one group owner who is able to add users from the organization, and the other one to add users outside of the organization.
    Currently, an admin can manage to control who to create the user invitation with a tenant level setting when adding external users. It will be great to have a feature that can specify group owners separately.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Power View stopped working with Excel Version 1803 update on 3/27/2018

Power View stopped working with the release of Excel Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus – Version 1803 updated 3/27/2018 (build 9126.2098).
    Does anyone else have this problem. 2 laptops that got the update no longer have functioning Power View. 2 laptops that did not get the update continue to work with Power View. We've tried uninstalling Office 365 and silverlight, and reinstalling, to no avail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to develop an add-in in Excel 2016 which can convert Excel spreadsheet into interactive webforms

Need to develop an add-in in Excel 2016 which can convert Excel spreadsheet into interactive webforms.
    When clients input data in it the output should show up in radar graphical display format.
    In excel 2009 this feature was available but with help of third party add-ins so we want to implement the same in Excel 2016 with Microsoft Office add-ins

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password Nevery Expire Management at the Portal level

Can we administer Password Never Expired settings at Sub Domain and User level in the Portal.
    Currently, when we change the password settings as "Password Never Expire", Off, users are immediately prompted to change the password and it is affects. So, is there any way do the following;
    1. Set Org Policy as "Password Never Expire" Off
    2. This should be enabled only the particular users when their status is changed.
    3. Allow Admin to apply this policy at the sub domain level or group or individual user level.
    4. send Password Expiry notification to the Outlook Clients from 14…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify Flow owners when reaching the number of flow runs

My understanding is that the there is a 2000 (pooled) number of flow runs per user
    It would be great to have a flow notifying you before reaching that number

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Outlook configuration to specify a different SMTP login from the account e-mail

Return the feature removed in Outlook 2016 that permits manual configuration of the SMTP server login user name.
    I have a need that is met in Outlook 2010 where the account e-mail is a 'virtual' address as part of a domain hosted on an external ISP. As such the SMTP login needs to be a 'real' address recognized by the server not the account e-mail as forced by Outlook 2019. I can manually reconfigure the password and server name but NOT the user name for the external login to authenticate use of the SMTP server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop Adding New Features Everyday

Stop Adding New Features Everyday.

You are cluttering our email with new features, none of which are useful or necessary. I just want a simple email box. Case in point: Groups. I don't want "Groups" - I will never use "Groups" but you make it the default and then I have to figure out how to turn it off. Today, I came to work to see "Focused" email. I checked the "Other" email and it included a lot of emails that were important and I would have missed. Then I spent several minutes trying to figure out how to put…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide Microsoft Teams with an option to add groups synced from AD to the Contacts tab

Provide Teams with an option to add Office 365 groups or AD groups as "Contact Groups" under Chat - Contacts. The only option currently available is to create a group and populate it manually.
    It would be more efficient to be able to import a group that can display its members as contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. print all shared calenders in colors

Now it is possible to print calender in colors but if there are shared calenders it is not possible to printout them. This is by design. The suggestion is to allow printing of all shared calendars in colors

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base