Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the "Browse" button to "Default local file location" field across all Office programs

In most of the Office 2016 programs, you can specify the "Default local file location" in the Save tab of the Options menu. A field is available to enter the target file location that is to be set.

However, only Word and Project have a "Browse" button that allows the users to navigate to the target location and thus populates "Default local file location" field. In Excel and PowerPoint, the "Browse" button is non-existent and only manual enter of the "Default local file location" field is possible.

Is it possible to standardise the population of the "Default local file location"…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable notification on private Yammer groups for mobile apps.

Public groups show a notification on mobile app (i.e. iPhone) yet for some reason this does not work on private groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Opening a file created with an earlier version of Office breaks the layout

Opening a file created with an earlier version of Office breaks the layout

日本語title : 以前のバージョンの Office で作成したファイルを開くとレイアウトが崩れる

詳細 : 以前のバージョンで作成したファイルを展開した際に新しいバージョンの Office でも同じように表示されるようにして欲しい

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When sharing calendar and choosing "Can view when I'm busy" allow to choose if the location can be seen/visible.

When sharing calendar and choosing "Can view when I'm busy" allow to choose if the location can be seen/visible. The aim is to keep the subject data confidential, but avoid room overbooking. The purpose is to maintain different team/services own calendar, but be able to share them with other teams or external collaborators if the room is occupied at that time, without needing to make the process complex and overweight the system through the need of management of a "Room Calendar" for each room, besides the own team calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improved Outlook cleanup

Cleanup should not remove emails with embedded image if the recent email did not contain previous embedded image (from mobile).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PublicFoldersDoesNotAppearWithoutRecreatingOutlookProfileInHybridConfigurationForMigratedUsersThisShouldBeRectifiedAsWeCantCreateNewFor1000

PublicFoldersDoesNotAppearWithoutRecreatingOutlookProfileInHybridConfigurationForMigratedUsersThisShouldBeRectifiedAsWeCantCreateNew profile For 1000 users in migration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include class functional chart in Vision Online Plans for Office 365

Include class functional chart in Vision Online Plans for Office 365

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bookings App: limit number of bookings, have links expire, don't allow forwarding

In order for Bookings to be helpful, we need to ensure only one appointment can be booked through the URL sent. We do not want to the recipient to be able to forward the URL to someone else, and if they do, we do not want that person to be able to book using that URL. We'd also find value to having links that expire, to ensure someone can't reuse a booking invite sent months/years ago. Reasons: We are seeing an increased number of people who miss their scheduled appointment and then go back to the bookings app to rebook.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Syncing nightmare

The problem I encountered is that syncing was somehow disabled for a period of time. Once syncing was re-enabled all the work I did was overwritten by what was on the server (i.e., by old data). So I lost all the work, which should never have happened since the data on my laptop was the last to me modified. I spent the entire day on the phone with several of your engineers who said this is a gliche with the syncing tool. This should not be an acceptable scenario for Microsoft. It should be easy enough to prevent this sort…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to add the Developer Tab to the online version of Excel and Word docs.

I would like to add the Developer Tab to the online version of Excel and Word docs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please enable Skype for business support in HK region

Please enable Skype for business support in HK region, we do have office in HK and people are not able to have telephone numbers in there which is surprising

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offer Office 365 subscription for only 2 PCs

The decision to change # of licenses allowed for PCs when moving to the cloud platform is unfortunate. I am a "single, no kids" professional and use a desktop and laptop interchangeably. I don't need Office on my iPad or phone - I use my laptop when I am mobile. Please offer a reasonably priced "PC only" package that includes PPT, Word, Excel, and Outlook for install on 2 PCs. One license is not enough for me and 5 is too many, so I am still using only the Desktop software that allows install on 2 PCs and will do…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audit logs in O365 - clearer view to identify which user was granted with delegate access permission

When we perform (delegate access permission)actions from Exchange Admin Center, the action from GUI will be translated to PowerShell Cmdlet, hence the information from the log was the cmdlet which used to perform the action.

The cmdlet log information does not clearly identify which user was granted with the access permission. Hence if there can be an automatic translation from raw logs to something easier to understand will be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Publisher the mailing function is a lot dumber than it is in Word.

In Publisher the mailing function is a lot dumber than it is in Word. I have to choose between efficiency and aesthetics. The interface is incosistent too. Also, when printing I cannot set a "from" range (like "15-"). In Word you can.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SharePoint online retention policy - delete folders

Since we have enabled a 7 year retention on SharePoint online, users simply cannot delete a folder, they need to delete files within the folder / subfolders.
    Please change this, so users can simply delete a folder, it should then end up in the "Preservation Hold Library" in doing so. Currently this is unmanageable for users, and not user friendly at all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Group roles together for activation in PIM

We need the ability to group roles together in PIM for activation. Several tasks require more than one role to complete. This requires admins to activate several roles individually in order to compete certain workflows. Giving the ability to group roles together under a single custom activation would greatly improve productivity and PIM adoption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. fix outlook email so I can download my attachments

when you try to download your email attachments you get an 'access denied' message

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft To Do - More button on Review Page

Using To Do and on the review page, the more button in the suggested for you section is only clickable Once. It will not show more when you click on it a second time. Please Fix so we can click on it a second time to scroll up more projects that a person may want to start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base