Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. make Office 365 something else than 'the long wait'

I suggest you make Office 365 something else than 'the long wait'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlines are next to impossible to make in Word. Please make a better tool bar.

I do a lot of outlines for business. I have been using the opensource Apache Writer program. Now that I have Office with Word I can not find any usable outline feature. The demote, promote, up, down, renumber etc. should be icons that are clear and easy to understand. Fun even.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want that there should be a limit for allow conflicts in a meeting on the same day.

Exchange Online limitation
    I want that there should be a limit for allow conflicts in a meeting on the same day. I am talking about a room/equipment mailbox meeting.
    (not a recurring meeting limit, but a conflicting meeting limit)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need 25Tb of Shared Storage, not 25 OneDrive accounts with 1Tb each

An organization that needs 25Tb of storage can not use 25 1Tb onedrive accounts to get there. It is an organization, not 25 individuals. We need 25Tb of SHARED storage, not 25 individual accounts.

If you are claiming 25Tb of storage, please give us that. At a minimum, give us the shared storage of 1Tb per user so that the organization can use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the new login page to work with non ascii characters

Fix the *NEW* o365 login portal to work with email addresses with ' (apostrophe) in them. I cannot sign into the *our new sign-in experience as my email address has o'connor in it. This worked in the OLD login page, but not in the new one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. not steal back a product I paid for - I paid in good faith for a product with the understanding the subscription was for updates.

I understood that I was purchasing a product with the subscription being for updates. I did not think that you would 'steal' back the product (by disabling it) when I chose not to receive further updates as they caused me too much inconvenience and I didn't need them.
    I should be able to use what I've paid for without feeling blackmailed to purchase updates that I don't want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Importing contacts

Allow contact data to be imported as it appears in Outlook. As it is now the Outlook "Title" shows as contact last name and part of title and contacts last name shows as a middle name???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Free email essentials for domains with business premium account. Shared mailboxes are the same f****n thing!!!

Alright microsoft, you have certainly made strides over the past few years, but you still a lot of work ahead. Shared mailboxes cannot cost you much less than just giving out "essential email" accounts to companies. i understand not giving out free to everyone, but if I have a company with "X" amount of "business premium" accounts, you need to pony up and allow me to add basic free email users. You do realize that shared mailboxes, which are definitely cool, can still be added to any device for easy access? So, instead of making "smart" people setup numerous shared…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reduce size of pinned items in SharePoint library

The icon for pinned items in a SharePoint library is *huge* so it takes up a lot of screen real estate (about 25% of the vertical height of a 15 inch HD display) and pushes most of the file/folder list off the bottom of the screen. Pinning is a nice feature, but we're currently not using it because it is so intrusive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customer accounts are automatically being marked and disabled as fraud

Recently customer accounts are being marked as fraud automatically locking users out of subscription services. Customers currently have to open a support case to request account be unlocked and prove account is not being used for fraud.

Customer is requesting a proactive outreach call be made to contact customers first before disabling the account automatically. Customer has had account shut down multiple times within 1 week which has interfered with business causing many communication disruptions within the organization.

Customer says account keeps getting automatically marked and disabled as fraud without any clear answer how to prevent being marked as fraud…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Audit log IP Changed User License

Audit log IP Changed User License, currently if a user changed a license, the source IP from what public IP it is done is not logged.
    currently NO ip information is logged from where it is done

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change your marketing.

If you tell people in your system help files that multiple users can use Office365, but don't mention those extra users need their own license, the marketing is, to say the least, wrong and for sure misleading. The idea to have 5 machines to use the software on, together with the help file, implies that multiple users can have their own set up under the same license. When I called about it before buying the software, I was informed that that's exactly what I could do. Alas, after talking to your very friendly support tech, I learned that all that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MS From should be better supported with LTR and RTL text directions when submitting to English devices and English Browsers

When creating a non English From for example Hebrew or Arabic text , the form seen by an English Devices or English Browsers in a wrong text direction and the built in words become English and not the original text of the form

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see firstly being able to Default all Incoming Text font to Arial Regular 13 pt. Not Calibri (Body) 11 pt.

I would like to see firstly being able to Default all Incoming Text font to Arial Regular 13 pt. Not Calibri (Body) 11 pt.

It changes my Graphic Text Integrity and forces me to make mini Changes when it comes Inbound from all Outlook e-mails.

Plus I would like to e-mail your Technical Teams a copy the would effectively show you what I mean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customizing charms in Outlook on the web

It would be great if I could customize charm icon design by using any fonts such as Awesome (http://fontawesome.io/) for example, to give the charm feature more effective usability.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Busqueda en archivos *.pst ubicados en red (Outlook)

Por favor, activen de nuevo que se indexen los archivos pst ubicados en red para que funcione la busqueda.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sort that thing where you can't share from a 'Recent' document

Hi,
    If I open a recent document from my Office 365 landing page and choose to edit it in the browser based version of the software (Word, Excel etc) the Share button doesn't work. If I open the document via my OneDrive I can share it no problem. Be great if you could sort that. Ta.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the pinning of Outlook contacts to the Windows 10 Taskbar.

There are contacts in Outlook that I deal with constantly. Windows 10 offers the ability to pin people to the Taskbar. Yet, we are not able to pin Outlook contacts. Makes no sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need a OST to PST Converter

If you are looking for the OST to PST converter then you can try the OST to PST Converter. This is very useful and reliable tool for your file formatting. The OST to PST Converter can convert files without any interruption or error. Users can select files before the formatting, which is very helpful for avoid junk and spam files. and always get 100% accurate results.
    Visit here:- http://www.osttopst.adwages.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't drop the ellipsis menu and views shortcut when using any view style other than "default"

As soon as we switch the view style from "default" to "shaded" or something else, we lose the ellipsis item-level menu (goes back to a drop-down) and the list view shortcuts disappear (must be access via the ribbon). Why aren't the other view styles supported?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base