Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link Emails to Sharepoint Documents

Link Emails to Sharepoint Documents

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow admins to specify a proxy in the XML for the Office Deployment Tool

It would be great to be able to specify a proxy that would bypass the user PAC files and winhttp/iexplore proxy configuration directly from the XML.

This would give flexibility to deployments and allow for more granularity when downloading content from the Office CDN.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use Excel Online Survey to Share SharePoint Site

SharePoint site collections that are configured for internal use only are unable to use Excel Online Survey, hope Microsoft can provide this feature

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the Microsoft app on ios sync with Pop

Have the Microsoft app on ios sync with Pop (it works with Imap, but need Pop)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. @-Mention someone who is not in the TEAMS Team

I think it would be nice to have the possibility to @-mention someone who is not directly in the Team, but available in your Contacts. For example to notice someone that there is an important topic at the moment in this Team (but he just should be noticed and see this message, no invitation to the Team)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Spend time with your colleagues and appreciate the time and effort it takes.

It would be nice to MONTHLY (regionally) ops/sales have an interactive dialogues.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook desktop preview pane should have a search function

When using OWA you can search quickly inside the currently previewed message using Ctrl-F (using browser search)

Other email programs also provide a quick search (inside the currently previewed message) but Outlook desktop does not.

How very 90s. A search toolbar kinda thing - would be much better!

I know you can:

(a) open the current message (in a separate window) and then press F4 to open a separate search dialog (which opens in a random place). Using three windows when a quick toolbar inside the preview pane would be sooo much better.

(b) search message contents of many messages…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. filter view of Outlook calendar elements with tags

It would be useful to filter your Outlook calendar view by tags and colours rather just by date.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Refreshing SharePoint library should not result any column empty!

Following behavior was reported from a customer in Japan. We could repro it but could not find any bugs / references. Please review.

Title

Refreshing library makes a column's date and time value empty if the column has a [Calculated Value] default value

Pre Steps

1. Create a document library.

2. Go to Library Settings > Columns > Create column.

3. Type "Calculation" (or anything else) in [Column name].

4. Select [Date and Time] as a type of information.

5. Select [Calculated Value] in [Default value] and type any formula (e.g., =TODAY()) then press <OK> to create a column.

Steps

1. Click the New > Excel…
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bookings App: limit number of bookings, have links expire, don't allow forwarding

In order for Bookings to be helpful, we need to ensure only one appointment can be booked through the URL sent. We do not want to the recipient to be able to forward the URL to someone else, and if they do, we do not want that person to be able to book using that URL. We'd also find value to having links that expire, to ensure someone can't reuse a booking invite sent months/years ago. Reasons: We are seeing an increased number of people who miss their scheduled appointment and then go back to the bookings app to rebook.…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook should have an option to move threaded conversations to Teams Channel

Outlook should be able to sense conversations with the same subject line and same participants and provide an option in the email item to allow users to move it to their Teams channels (they own or a member of).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hire some support with US time zone work hours.

I received a support call for a support ticket I had open at 1AM Eastern Standard Time today. That is ridiculous. I had already experienced support calls after normal business hours but this was a bit much. I then received an email, stating they had tried to contact me but "Please note that our working hours are 1 AM – 10 AM CST. I would be more than happy to assist you with your issue but the time difference may prove challenging when trying to reach out to you by phone as there is a limited timeframe in which I…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide an option in Outlook to change the default folder property option for displaying the number of items in the folder.

In Outlook, there is a folder property that has two options for the number of items displayed in the folder. The "global" default option is to display the number of unread items in the folder. (By "global," I mean this default option is set in all the standard folders, and in any new personal folders created by the user.) The other option is to display the total number of items in the folder. Currently, this option can only be changed by opening the Properties of each individual folder and changing the setting there. This is no way to change the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove 'Copy Link' link from the SharePoint Online modern list experience NewForm.aspx

Remove 'Copy Link' link from the SharePoint Online modern list experience NewForm.aspx. Currently when you get into the NewForm for a modern list there is a Copy Link button, which does not work. I'm assuming because there is not yet a new item to link to. Can this be removed as it is confusing to users.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Private items show up in the room calendar

Even if the items private setting is set to Private, the item shows up on the meeting room calendar. This is not expected behavior. Private items should be hidden from any calendar without changing RemovePrivateProperty value.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration of StaffHub with Dynamics 365 Talent

Hi, I want to know if there is any integration performed between StaffHub and Dynamics 365? And if it's even possible to integrate with Dynamics 365 Talent?
    As StaffHub, is the latest business app that Microsoft is offering up as-is for small and mid-sized businesses that subscribe to Office 365. But I couldn't find any integration or even a mention of a tie in to Dynamics 365 for StaffHub in the roadmap.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase OneDrive storage options beyond 1TB

1TB is not big enough to store all my files and I would gladly pay more for 2 or 3TB, but I don't have that option.

Microsoft, do you want my money or not?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide error messages when the update program hasn’t been applied

It would be great if we can hide error messages when the update program hasn’t been applied. This would be helpful for users to put unnecessary concerns away.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. system admin can be notify for mobile application updates

notifications for application updates prior to them being pushed to user devices

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TEAMS - Add COLOR CODING in the calendar feature, just like in Outlook.

For MS Teams - COLOR CODING in the calendar feature, just like in Outlook. Lots of us use it daily. As a corporate recruiter, I have one color for Hiring Manager meetings, another for MY phone interviews with candidates, another color for ONSITE INTERVIEWS with candidates, etc. Know many admins who support multiple people have a color for each person, so they can see at a glance who has what going on. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base