Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Does not show recent files unless you sign in

I HATE that you have to sign-in over and over and you can't see your recent files unless you sign-in. GRRRR....
    HATE THIS!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook - allow meeting invites to be accepted based on the amount of time they can attend meetings. E.g. Can attend 15 mins from hour meeti

If a meeting attendee can only be there for 15 mins of an hour meeting, (which is acceptable in some cases). But the meeting has to still be an hour for the rest of the attendees (so propose new time wouldn't work).
    So you would accept a meeting from 10-11 but can only be there between 10.00-10.15. This means calendars keep tidy and the organiser can set the agenda based on attendance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Any members added to a Group Chat in Teams are not able to get the access to Previously shared files. If they click on those Files, it comes

Any members added to a Group Chat in Teams are not able to get the access to Previously shared files.
    If they click on those Files, it comes up with the “You Don’t have access to this File- Request access".
    I raised a ticket with Microsoft and the answer was that this is By-Design feature in Teams for the security purposes.
    It gives the option to request for access to that file.
    Files that are shared in a private or group chat are stored in the One Drive for Business folder and are only shared with the people in that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dresscode

As an office calendar business user, I wanted to inform my colleagues what is the dress code as an option (Suite, Formals, Business Casuals, Casuals, Others) they should adhere when I am setting up a meeting. I should be able to enable this as an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add class and ID to main <div> elements on all SharePoint pages

Feature request with regard to styling/branding and use of CSS: Please add a unique class and/or ID to EVERY main [div] in de HTML output of Office 365, but especially SharePoint. Currently I cannot address specific parts through CSS; for example I want to be able to change the look of a promoted links app on one page, but without effecting any other promoted links app as well.

Some CSS changes I made make the main [table] on settings pages drop below the navigation, currently I cannot correct this because the [table] has no ID or class. From website design…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. LOPs/Ricoh copiers started sending gibberish attachments to exchange online mailboxes

Case : 615101494278694

Does MS plans to rollout such similar updates without considering the impact factor? Our business was severely affected for days due this unwarranted update (dated 12th OCT 0800 2015). I have seen adjacent issues in the past (related to O365) which resulted due to sporadic MS updates. Kindly make sure to consider all ends before any major roll-out!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop overriding correct autodiscover DNS records where the 365 account exists but is not active

I have added exchange online plan 1 to a tenant who's mail is currently on a hosted Exchange service, in order to prepare for migration. However I have wasted HOURS as the Outlook/Profile setup ignores the DNS and auto-configures the 365 account. Getting the correct account to be added required editing the registry, a fix that took myself and the hosted exchange support a long time to figure out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not close a service ticket after two days no response

It would be nice if Microsoft actually made sure a service ticket was resolved before closing it. Not all of us can respond immediately. Customer service is #1. I opened a ticket before a mini-vacation and it was closed before I even had time to test the "FIX" Microsoft suggested. Guess what.. the 'FIX' did not work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide Files Tab in Outlook People Contact Card

The ability to hide or disable the "Files Tab" on users' Contact Card/Panel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. collaborative mailbox

You can use a group as a collaborative inbox to distribute and track responsibility for topics among the group's members.

These collaborative features are especially useful for technical support or customer service teams. For example, you can create a group with the address support@your-domain.com, add your support staff as members, and allow people outside your organization to send messages to the group. Your support staff will receive your customers' messages, and they can do any of the following from the group's Topics view:

Assign responsibility for a topic to a member of the group
    Mark a topic as resolved …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Planner - Automated Syncing of icalendars once set for a Plan

Just getting ramped up with Planner. Love the idea that an icalendar of a Plan can be done so I can see the withing my web or local Outlook client.

However, very surprised that once set up, it must be published and saved each time a change is made in tasks dates, etc.

It would seem once a user has committed to create an icalendar link, it should be syncronized automatically ongoing.

What is the rationale for not doing so?

Thank you,
    Rick

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need to have a facility of selecting IST in mail trace option under admin center panel

We need to have a facility of selecting IST in mail trace option under admin center panel.UTC time should be able to change to IST.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Skype manager(Free version) function migrate to Skype for Business

we using the Skype manager to manage the skype credit for users to International call in Hong Kong, but we just started to skype for business and find the Skype for business International call is not available to Hong Kong. also i cannot find skype credit like function on our Office365 admin portal, i think that not yet ready on Hong Kong location. if that can make the call and manage skype credit easy as on the skype manager, then it can replaced the skype (free version).

also the Skype manager function is very good, the Office 365 admin should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make a mailbox to read only to owner

Making a mailbox read only is always a requirement from legal teams.we must need this from Microsoft on exchange online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use O365 profile data in organization birthday calendar

We were hoping that if O365 users added their birthday in their profiles, then it would automatically populate the birthday calendar, when it is turned on. To have to add that data manually, seems to be less productive. It would just be for the organization the user belongs to and would just be month and day. The profile allows users to enter year, but we don't have users do that. currently, you have to look at the user's profile, drill down through a menu or two to find the birthday date and then go back and add it manually. It…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide fields such as phone numbers to import .csv files into Outlook Customer Manager

Your new Outlook Customer Manager which is purported to be the next generation of Business Contact Manager not only does not support BCM databases but it does not accept very basic and absolutely necessary fields such as phone numbers from the .csv files. Must fix or it's worthless for anyone who has .csv files...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dux EDB to PST Recovery Software

Exchange server is very helpful software which is developed by Microsoft, sometime it damaged or corrupted because of various reason. If you are also facing Exchange Server EDB file issues then you should try “Dux EDB to PST Recovery Software”

Few Features

- Provide favour to support single and multiple emails conversion of EDB Mailbox data.
    - Save and restore EDB file into healthy PST with different format EML / MSG / HTML etc.
    For more: - https://www.duxdatarecovery.com/edb-to-pst-recovery.php

Or

https://medium.com/@saanvigupta/easy-step-to-download-best-edb-to-pst-converter-software-690d048ddd72

Search on internet – “Dux EDB to PST | Dux EDB to PST converter | Dux EDB file recovery”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base