Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Prevent licensed Teams users (in Islands mode) from attempting to communicate with unlicensed users.

Currently a user licensed for Teams with Upgrade Policy = Islands, can search for and IM / Call / Desktop share an unlicensed Teams user / SfB On-Prem Hybrid user. However, the user experience is poor. IM's result in an email advising the SfB user is trying to be reached by the Teams user. Calling is forwarded to Cloud Voicemail, Desktop Sharing does nothing. Either a) hide SfB users from the search, or b) improve the user experience - hide options that will not work, provide clear messaging to the Teams user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. very poor service

last week i enquired about the email plan for my company and your representative told me that you will recieve a call regarding that plan details . i had to purchase that plan within 2 days which i also told him but its been more than 5 days i have not recieved any call. If this kind of service you provide for sales then i can imagine how poor service you will provide after puchasing the plan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Uninstaller for Office 365 fofr Mac

Office 365 for Mac needs an uninstaller. Current instructions are complicated, involve user going into system files, and never seem to actually do the job in the sense that some settings always end up being retained somehow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide users with perpetual licenses free Office 365 usage

I have a perpetual office license for my PC and my Mac. Now I want to use office on my iPad Pro and am asked to get a subscription. That makes no sense as I have already purchased two licenses. This should be available to me at no extra cost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sway

Login Access to www.sway.com thru Office 365 users....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to cancel accidental closing of an application like Microsoft Outlook.

Add option to cancel accidental closing of an application like Microsoft Outlook. Currently if a user accidentally clicks the wrong X and closes Microsoft Outlook, a popup asks Do you want to permanently delete everything in the "Deleted Items" folder for all accounts? YES NO It would be great to have the CANCEL CLOSE option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Outlook desktop - Move Function - Allow 'search' option when moving emails from inbox

When moving an email from your inbox, the ability to 'search' folders under the move option on the ribbon (from the inbox) would increase productivity. Similar to the search option available online for Outlook in 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Discoverability and consistency across Office 365 apps is poor

We're doing a trial version of Office 365 Business Premium and the overall experience has been pretty poor. One thing that is confusing is the my apps section (clicking on the squares in upper left). With Business Premium there is a large list of apps that I've never heard of, but no ability to tell what they do. Clicking on them sometimes opens up a new window, and sometimes uses the existing one. When I get to the new web application, for something like Delve or Planner there is no explanation anywhere of what the purpose of the app is.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Excel File Password Cracker

Free excel file password cracker utility is perfect application to reset lost excel file password security and open excel password. Stella XLSX file password recovery tool is reset lost excel workbook password and retrieve all forget XLS file password from excel version as:- 97, 98, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 and then you can re-operate your excel file data.

Read more:- http://2016excelpasswordrecovery.blogspot.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the feature of exporting emails at once from the mailbox to the local computer on a user basis.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Office 365 Exchange Online にあるメールをユーザー単位にて、一括で出力できる機能の追加について

Add the feature of exporting emails at once from the mailbox to the local computer on a user basis.
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 Exchange Online にあるメールボックス内のメールをユーザー単位にて、一括および再度メールとして確認できるファイル形式で、ローカルに出力できる機能の追加を希望します。

We would like to add the feature that enables exporting the emails in the mailbox (on Office 365 Exchange Online) to the local computer at once or converting visibility file format on a user basis.

Thank you for your continued support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Onsend events in new look OWA need to be working before it is made the default UI

The onsend events currently do not work for the new look OWA client. We need this functionality before this client becomes the default. Without it, our solutions (and I am sure many others) will stop working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Put an Electronic 'E' in place of the big not-so-useful PASTE button in MS Word.

'... you are not thinking; you are merely being logical."
    - Rory Sutherland.

First and foremost, the importance of research in MS Word is underestimated and way too logical. The 'Help' tab and 'Smart Lookup' both appear on the right pane (right side), which is inconvenient for users to look and process as this side is mostly associated with the creative part of the brain. Moreover, this is a task to learn in itself, which would set off a lot of people who would instead use Internet Explorer. Also, MS Word and Internet Explorer are indispensably interconnected, as people use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add the option for an automatic redirect on the Forms thank you page.

add the option for an automatic redirect on the Forms thank you page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OWA for iPhone 6 lacks the functionality found in Outlook. There is no Option to delete an item; opening emails fails frequently

Have OWA functionality with the same functionality of Outlook. Requires adding to OWA 1. automatic sizing when opening an email or contact; 2. functionality such as ability to delete contacts; 3. eliminate large colored button - too big for iPhones; 4. contact information is not sized for viewing all contact data; 5. provide an alphabet down side of view that would allow easy movement to all M's instead of having to scroll through all contacts from A.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Smart Virtual Disk Image(vdi) recovery Software

VDI file gets corrupted due to uncertain errors.

The VDI data is no more safe in damaged VDI file.

You need to repair the VDI file as soon as possible. So I am suggesting you the best method to recover and restore the corrupt VDI data.

The smart VDI recovery software is the all-new software which can easily repair your infected VDI files within no time.

The tool is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS and with it's easy to use graphical interface both technical and non-technical person can access the software.

For more details visit here: https://www.vdiskrecovery.com/vdi-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search documents via only their metadata tags across multiple libraries

We have multiple document libraries across multiple sites that share metadata terms, like Function (HR, Security, Administrative, etc.) and Category (policy, procedure, form, etc.). I would like to provide our users with a metadata search page that allows document search across our multiple sites and libraries, that would return only those documents matching a given Function/Category metadata combination (HR/Form). My understanding is that this is a current limitation of SharePoint, so I would like this added as an enhancement. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View Form response form if responses are more than 300

Response form should be visible if response count is > 300. Build feasibility like sharepoint form . Form URL ? ID = response ID

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. tell me feature

The tell me feature doesn't help to show the ribbon or the basic ribbon commands

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base