Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Best rar password recovery software

If you have find best RAR password recovery software that don’t go far just visit Stella Data Recovery and use SDR WIN RAR password Unlocker tool that made with advance technology for recover lost RAR file password without any data loss as well as it also break RAR archive file password security.

Read more:-https://recoverrarpassword.wordpress.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to Change DBX to PST with convert OE to PST format?

Many types of tool are available in the market, the help of the tool to be easily convert DBX format to PST file format without any data lose. But I will suggest you, use this tool. I had converted all my data with use this tool, DBX format save in PST file format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You change the instructions for using the Thesaurus

The instructions described here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Look-up-words-in-the-thesaurus-18025750-4dcf-45f3-b899-3caf4e8e02a1

Mention a "down arrow" which is not relevant to Mac, where you have to right click.

Also the Thesaurus functionality is nowhere near as user friendly as that of Word 2011 for Mac which I have just upgraded from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. smilies

When I use outlook online, if I write ": ", automatically, a smilie appears which is extremely annoying. Is outlook only a teenagers application ? I really consider moving to gmail, as many of my colleagues actually. You should really do something, and quickly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put the Highlight feature back in PowerPoint. Deferred Channel 16.0.7369.2130 appears to no longer have the feature, subscribed or not.

It appears the Highlight feature was not included in Office 365 ProPlus - Deferred Channel - (version: 16.0.7369.2130). Following "support.office.com" link https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Highlight-your-text-28623777-d955-4fcf-bbc5-a50051552219 states, "Text highlighting in PowerPoint, as it is known in Word, is available only to Office 365 subscribers. However, if you aren't a subscriber, you can use workarounds to achieve a similar visual effect". It appears whether you are subscribed, or not, the Highlight feature is no longer available. If that is the case, please have it "re-added"/put back. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Office 365 Import feature

option to set/configure the baditems

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel vlookup formula error bug

VLOOKUP works incorrectly. Does not find the data although it is in place. Tried both in Mac and Windows version and tried converting data into string by concatenate etc. Doesn't work. Check the video:
    https://youtu.be/nEK0tRo4LJo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. update Chicago referencing style to include footnotes as well as [author, date]

Every university has their own quirk on how to do referencing. It is frustrating when you have to use a style that is not fully supported by MS Word as I don't get to use the AWESOME citation functionality in MS Word. It also means I have to re-write a reference every time I use it and have to go hunting for references in other essays when I use them again rather than just inserting them through a stored citation!

This would save me CONSIDERABLE time and effort.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide time (or average) for extended mail trace processing. This is vital when someone important has requested info that is time sensative

Extended Mail Trace Processing time posting. This is to give an idea of how much time it will take for results to be provided for an extended mail trace in case of time sensitive situation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include option to disable temporary password for mobile App

We are using Office 365 with activated Enterprise mode for our Yammer network henkel.com.
    Office 365 Sign-in for Yammer is working fine except of one small, but very high risky issue.
    Signing in from a mobile device using the Yammer App is working as follows:
    If a user uses his Office 365 credentials with a correct or any wrong password he gets redirected to our internal ADFS-Server where he needs to enter the correct Office 365 credentials to be successfully signed in. This is exactly what we need and what is expected.
    But we found out and get the confirmation…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. move/copy page to another file from existing file in Publisher

I make weekly bulletins for a church and sometime need to copy a whole page to another publisher file. I have to select all the items on the page, then paste on the page in another file, and then have to redo the placement. In excel you can duplicate or move a whole page to another excel file. Why can't something like that be done for publisher where you can export a particular page to another existing publisher file? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix Excel so thet pivottables work as it should. Also it should work on online editing of excel workbook. Today pivottables are useless.

Fix Excel so thet pivottables work as it should. Also it should work on online editing of excel workbook. Today pivottables are useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable persons working remotely to mark timeslots as a requiring conference line

A user working remotely could mark a time slot as requiring a conference line, so that when a meeting organizer schedules a meeting during that time, a popup would tell the organizer how many attendees need a conference line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Yammer groups to utilize the O365 Group Calendar

With the addition of O365 Groups to Yammer groups, it would be very useful to be able to utilize the Outlook calendar. This is a missing link for many Yammer users...even more so than the doc library we are now providing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Just found a feature I love in outlook. If you refer to atachment in email and you forget to attach, outlook will tell you

Just found a feature I love in outlook. If you refer to atachment in email and you forget to attach, outlook will tell you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow WebEdit of files in Dropbox for Business from O365 E1 license

An E1 license should be adequate to use Word Online, Excel Online, etc.

Currently, an Office 365 user with E1 license can web-edit files in sharepoint online and Onedrive using Word Online, PowerPoint Online, Excel Online, etc. But that same user with an E1 license will be unable to use Word Online et. al. to web-edit files that are stored in Dropbox -- doing so requires an E3 license, which is 3x the cost of an E1 license, and includes the full (thick) client versions of MS Office.

When I pay for Word Online, Excel Online, etc., I expect that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make the feedback dialog in Office 365 be modeless

The feedback dialog in Office 365 is modal. When I'm providing details of a problem, I need to be able to freely move around the application to gather the details (names of dialogs, fields, etc.) to include in the description. I need to be able to go and get screen captures. This is really hard to do when the feedback box is modal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make "suggested meeting times" in OWA matches "suggested time" in Outlook 2016

OWA で会議出席依頼作成時、[スケジュール アシスタント] の [会議の時間の候補] に候補が表示される。
    しかし、この候補時刻は不連続で規則性がないうえ、Outlook 2016 の会議出席依頼作成時の [時間の候補] とは候補に表示される時間帯が異なるので直感的ではない。
    Outlook 2016 と OWA とで候補にする時間を揃えてほしい。

When we create a meeting request in OWA, we found "Suggested meeting times" pane on schedule assistant.
    However each suggested times are not continuous, and do not match to suggested times in Outlook 2016 meeting request.
    We need both suggested times to be matched.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base