Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Fix the 2+ year old issue with Outlook mis-rendering nested IMAP folder emails.

Office 365 Ticket #30126-6973600

Ongoing issue (with associated forum posts) where Outlook for Mac doesn't properly render messages that are in nested folders of certain IMAP accounts. This issue makes the product unusable in our business and we will be moving away from it if this long-standing issue can't be corrected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve opt-out content at the bottom of promotional emails

In the opt-out content at the bottom of promotional emails, there is a line with a link -
    If you would prefer not to receive future promotional emails from Microsoft Corporation please click here.

The link took me to a page that said "No Newsletters or Subscriptions were found for this email address". So the actual meaning and intended purpose of the link is incorrect.

The next link for contact preferences is what should actually be used to set promotional email options.

But one thing about that form... for accessibility, the select-all option must be moved to the top.

The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow for unique tag sets assigned to OneNote notebooks.

Tags are GREAT and I use a lot of them. It would be great if there were "tag sets" that are assigned to each notebook. (Similar idea as Stencil sets in Visio)

For example in my Landscaping notebook I want tags such as "North side of house", "Project Idea", or "Budget" but with my work I want things such as "Calendar", "Contacts", "Travel". I already have 18 tags just for my work-related notebooks. After a while the list gets too long and hard to find the tags.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better support office 365 licenses for Microsoft To-Do app

Now Microsoft To-Do app support only Business Essentials, Business Premium, Enterprise E1, Enterprise E3 or Enterprise E5 licenses.

My argument is that if someone need only a Microsoft Exchange Online mailbox, he has of course the traditional exchange tasks but he can only use it through the Outlook Program and Outlook web app. She or he may already use tasks, but he or she can't use this new app/interface.

If someone is self-employed, maybe for him or her are too expensive all these licenses, with too many useless features for him. Why she or he need to fragment his daily…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. enable a crash reporting system when excel crashes every day.

I've been using office 365 for mac/excel for about a month; it crashes about once a day; why is there no crash reporting system that goes to your engineering dept??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible for accidently deleted FOLDERS to be recovered with original email content

My boss accidently deleted 10+ years of emails. After recovery, I now have the task of refiling over 17,000 emails back into original email folders.

-SO please create a way that during the recovery process, have the deleted emails go back to their original deleted folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stella excel 2019 password recovery software

Get Stella excel 2019 password recovery software is effective solution to recover excel password and ***** Microsoft excel workbook. SDR excel file password recovery tool is smooth way to retrieve lost XLSX file password from all version of excel as:- 97, 98, 2000,2003,2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019. This program an amazing tool to ***** XLSX file password.
    Read more:- https://sites.google.com/view/stellaexlpassrecovery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to search GAL with less than 4 characters - O365 users

It would be helpful if the O365 development team would update the configuration for activesync on the O365 servers to allow users to search the GAL with a minimum of two characters vs. four. For example, if a user's lastname is only three characters no search results are returned when searching the GAL from a mobile device. We are in a hybrid environment and I was able to address this issue for the on-prem users by modifying the web.config file on the servers. O365 needs to allow this so that users mailboxes that have been migrated to O365 are able…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. bygger in bättre kantlinjer mellan rader

Jag har med mitt synfel svårt att se skillnad mellan olika rader och kolumner i alla 365 systemen med det nya gränssnittet, jag vet att det är "modernt" och många går mot det, men de personer med lite synsvårigheter har inte lätt att navigera när det ser ut som allt flyter ihop, de kantlinjer som finns är grå-aktiga och väldigt svaga.

Är det nåt som kan se över?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. O365 online excel "download a copy"cannot use in IE11, Win10

[Ticket #:15814473]
    O365 online excel "download a copy"cannot use in IE11, Win10 even update to latest
    There're no fix.
    My workaround is to use Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. testing

this is a test

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Microsoft excel password cracker software

With help of Microsoft excel password recovery software excel user can deeply restore excel file password with all excel file database. This software quickly remove excel password and ***** multiple excel file password as (A-z,as,@^%*1458) after that you can open excel password.
    Read more:- https://sites.google.com/view/stellaexlpassrecovery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix refresh system in new email quarantine interface in Office 365

I am already having this reported issue tracked by support, but suggested by them to post here as well. Problem is the last quarter of the messages in the new quarantine interface in Office 365 cannot be reviewed because the page keeps refreshing and pushing your list up. Happens in both latest browser versions of Chrome and Edge I have tested so far.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 7z unlocker

eSoftTools introduced the best tool to unlock the 7zip file password named as 7z unlocker. with the help of three recovery process- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. it can solve all types of password combinations without any risk.
    Get more info:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow shared task reminders to work by assigning users, not by assigning a user and choosing follow up, reminders...that's too clumsy and

Outlook Tasks: Allow shared task reminders to work by exchange sharing, not by creating a task, assigning a user and choosing follow up, reminders...that's too clumsy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chnage office 365 login screen to show full account names

When you go the logon screen for office 365 the display of logon names is very irritating. I have 4 office 365 accounts with which I work regularly. Not surprisingly some of the names begin with ian.cunningham@ (given that's my name). Annoyingly after displaying @ and a few letters of the domain the standard screen then displays ...

Since several of the organisation with which I work are in Westbury I usually see @West... I know there is a hover tip.
    What is really odd, is if the name is very long I get .... with part of the domain…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Best OLM Converter software

You can export Mac OLM files to Outlook PST file format for the conversion of Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook. It can be done by using simple manual techniques. However, if you are not able to perform manual methods, you can opt for an OLM Converter.

https://msoutlookhelp.com/olm/converter.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a sound alert/notification for when webmail inbox is open

You need to add a sound alert in the latest Outlook webmail preview.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Context based replies like whatsapp

Badly in need of context based replies.. Like in whatsapp, where you can reply to specific messages and the context gets added as to which previous message the reply was for... That will be really useful as it is easy for someone to get lost in a big conversation without it..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar Work Time

In Outlook you can configure your "Work Time" for the Calendar under "Outlook Options". It lists the Start Time, End Time and the Days of the Week. It assumes you work the same hours each day of the week. It doesn't allow you to work different times on different days.

Please change the Work Time settings so that you can enter different Start and End times for each day of the week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base