Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We tried to make an attempt to personalize our email communicatoins with our customers. To do that we decided to add profile pictures so ou

We tried to make an attempt to personalize our email communicatoins with our customers. To do that we decided to add profile pictures so our customers could put a face with a name. It turns out it can't be done according to MS tech support. Wow does that seem crazy. it only works internal to your company. We can't be the only people who want to personalize our email. Not sure why it can't pass through the profile picture if it can send so many other pictures! Please fix this soon!!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto activate with mail address on RDS servers

Auto activate with mail address on RDS servers

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Background Color in View Settings Conditional Formatting

Under Advanced View Settings -> Conditional Formatting, you can only change the font and text color of your inbox.

Would love a background colour option which colours the inbox item's background similar to the 'flagged' message

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a Search feature to Tasks in the web portal

Add a search feature to Office 365 Task

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dragging emails to folders

Dragging emails to folders is a pain in the butt. When I hold down the mouse button to drag the email, the email will open up if I don't begin the drag within a micro-second of clicking the button. I should be able to hold down the mouse button for at least a second or two before I begin the drag.

This new system is such a pain in the butt...especially when using the track pad instead of a m,ouse. I have to sometimes make 4-5 attempts to drag an email. I WILL stop using Outlook at some point if…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. email forward

In office 365 it looks like you cant forward email address based on date/time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it easier to find the option to edit the survey in Excel. Going to the Insert page is counterintuitive.

With the change in Forms, I could not figure out how to edit a form I made previously, using the Survey function in Excel. With help from a rep I could only contact through my site admin (grmble) I found the option buried under Survey on the INSERT page. I only go to Insert when adding something new; editing a survey should not be on that page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Length in Level, Comp Plan, and Plan Number to Manager Hub

I just got access to Manager Hub and I am impressed! It aggregates so much valuable data into a single place, however there are a couple of additional pieces of data that would be helpful to add.

Years at Microsoft is valuable to know, though it is sometimes even more important to know length in level -- how long has someone been at their current level or how long it has been since they were last promoted.

Similarly it would be very useful to incorporate some compensation data -- base salary, comp plan, and plan number specifically.

Add those additional…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pop up for encryption emails

I would like to see a pop up for the encryption tool to ask you prior to sending the email if you would like that email encrypted or not. Just like when you are cleaning out your deleted items and it says are you sure you want to permanently deleted the selected files. This way the encryption tool can be turned on for all emails and the user has the option to send it encrypted of non encrypted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use local timezone or display the timezone in the .msg file previewer in OneDrive

When .msg files are stored in Sharepoint / OneDrive and displayed via the web previewer, the times are displayed in UTC +0 timezone even if the region settings for OneDrive are set to another time zone.This affects the "Sent On" time for the email.

Suggesting to either:
    - Use the region settings from OneDrive when displaying dates / times in the .msg previewer to display dates / times in the local time zone
    - Specifically state that the date / time is UTC to reduce user confusion when looking at time / dates.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Subscriptions

Yes Can you put in the suggestions box that I have been using office since its conception and now retired, All Mac software packages are now
    evolving to subscriptions, there should be retirement rates to help control the rising costs for fixed incomes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new computer updates Windows

Good day,
    I just bought a new computer after the old beast took a dump. so i can't transfer the old OEM that's OK yet after buying a new product key and doing a clean install on a new computer I am still having issues ? why?
    I should not have to call nor have any issues at a-tall...
    captbullett developer

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if we could have a check out functionality in the "Mark attendance" feature in Kaizala.

In the Kaizala app, there is a feature to mark your attendance. However, we can only perform the "Check-in" function, there is no "Check-out" function.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. consider returning the office 365 icons back to their original colours following the latest update

When using Outlook 365 programme on the PC (i.e. not using it via a web browser) the icons at the top of the screen, as well as those displayed when moving or copying an appointment to another application e.g.Tasks, have lost their colour, and are now in very simplified outline form.

Please could they be restored back to how they were a few weeks ago?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow "noreply" in the primary SMTP address for shared mailboxes

if we use"noreply" in the primary SMTP address for shared mailboxes we can not search a shared mailbox as a shared folder under any inbox. This has been tested with multiple tenants and it was working previously

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. shut the heck up

just shut up

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Eliminate member inclusion in email rules involving a distribution group as the sender

In Office 365, if a user has a rule set up to move an email sent from a distribution list's email address to a specific folder, not only does it move emails sent from that address, it moves emails sent from MEMBERS of that distribution list as well. The workaround for now is to create the rule as such: Create a rule -> For all messages I receive -> Has the specific words in the sender address -> Add the name of the group -> Move the emails to specific folder -> Finish

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show Outlook Web folder size to help clean up mailbox

Unable to see the size of folders in Outlook Web. We should be able to see properties of each folder to help in clean up.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base