Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow multiple devices to be configured for mobile app MFA verification

Request to allow multiple devices to be registered to use the Microsoft Authenticator app.

375 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add shifts tab to Teams channel

With the addition of the new Shifts app within teams directly there is no mechanism to then display relevant shift details to a channel directly.

The shift information should allow for addition to an existing team, under a channel as a tab.

If one of the perceived issues is that members of the shift may not be in an associated Team and Channel combo, perhaps add a check to the tab addition to indicate this fact and allow the bind or reject.

Either way the shift information should be allowed to be more central and visible to participants.

367 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Co-Authoring in Office Desktop w/ 3rd Party Storage (Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc)

Currently, to co-author a document via the desktop version of office the files must be stored in OneDrive/Sharepoint. Please enable the desktop version of office to support co-authoring when their document is stored and opened on third party storage providers (such as Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc).

363 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a recurring out of office

I would like to have an Out of Office set up to turn on and off on every Friday to allow for flexible schedules.

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization

It would be really convenient if I could allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization. A user is the president of two organizations. One organization uses O365 but another organization doesn’t, and I would give this particular user (who is in the company that doesn’t use O365) a permission to access and edit the calendar published and shared in the internet.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

353 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the way of Initials

The initials show automatically based on the Display name. for example if my name is John Smith, my initials will be JS.

If My display name is Smith, John (which is my last name, first name) my Initials shows as SJ

The Initials are usually First character of the first name and the first character of the last name. regardless of my display name, my initials should be the same

So I suggest to have the Initials created based on the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields not on the "Display Name" field

350 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow O365 tenant migration

Could we please enable office 365 accounts to be migrated from one tenant to another. This is our situation here:
    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148/p/355432/965511

347 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More ‘Smooth’ Effects

Video creation using powerpoint is quite good, but still is not as good as after effect of other video editor. Very unfortunate because it’s only less than a fraction of a second. We’ll be very happy if the smooth timing can be improved so we can create HQ video just rely on powerpoint.

346 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 Business Group Policy

Disabling Group Policy from Office 365 Business users doesn't make a lot of sense to me. A lot of smaller- to medium-sized businesses which have an IT point person who does more than just IT, rely on tools like Group Policy to keep their users running cleanly and uniformly. While larger enterprises use Group Policy to eliminate having to perform the same customization on thousands of devices, small business use the same thing, not to save time managing thousands of devices, but to centralize efforts and increase efficiency when resources are scarce. I was disappointed to learn that all of…

343 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 'Shared With’ column does not reflect current state of sharing status

Within an Office 365 Group document library (SPO site), the ‘Shared With’ column does not reflect current state of sharing status.

Here are some examples:
    1. When you remove a user’s permission from an item in a Group the ‘Shared With’ column still shows that it is shared with that user.
    2. When you copy a file in a Group the ‘Shared With’ column retains the original users listed even though it is no longer shared with them.

Acknowledge this is by design:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2987770/the-shared-with-column-displays-users-who-no-longer-have-access-to-a-document-in-sharepoint-online

Feedback from our users is that this is not an intuitive user experience. Ideally the ‘Shared…

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding Powerpoint Video Timeline

We All know that right now powerpoint has widely use for video making, but there is a difficulty to sync voice with video or to add effect on exact time. My suggestion is, this surely easier if Microsoft add ‘timeline’ feature just like majority of video editor so it would be easier for us to configure audio and video effect for better result

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save an attachment from Outlook online to a SharePoint Library

Save an attachment from Outlook online to a SharePoint Library.

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Client Payment Module for Microsoft Bookings

Add a payment module to allow clients to book and pay for meeting rooms. We have clients that hire out their meeting rooms and would like to enable this in Microsoft Bookings.

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable multi-geo support for smaller tenants

We have a global company but only a small (around 350) licensed user base. We would dearly love to be able to leverage multi-geo functionality in order to be compliant with data sovereignty laws.

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook for Mac Categories missing

Dear Backend Team,

Our customer had a user who on a couple of occasions have had their majority of their calendar categories disappear.

When checking in webmail, the categories show up OK.

And researching online suggests this issue is happening for other Mac users also:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_mac/outlook-for-mac-categories-missing/7feeb75e-cb1c-4b25-b017-0f8e0905f3a4

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/mac-outlook-2016-categories-missing-not-syncing/10485eed-3dd7-45f3-9fc2-71dd875d9fea

Therefore, we assume there's some compatibility issue with Outlook for Mac.

Since our customer is quite concerned about this issue and we submitted the request here to you and your assistance in improving this in the near future is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

327 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop mangling URLs containing a # so we can link to bookmarked content in a page or PDF from an Office document

When you create a URL containing a bookmark reference, e.g. a '#', MS Office mangles this by replacing it with %20-%20 ... that is ' - '.

This problem is often encountered by users making extra effort to make it easier for people to find specific content. It is often used to refer to a specific page in a PDF document. But this 'feature' of Office is counter intuitive and counter productive.

This 'feature' is documented by Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/202261/you-cannot-use-a-pound-character-in-a-file-name-for-a-hyperlink-in-an

This issue has been viewed 14,292 times on Stack Overflow here:
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/47319383/5196274

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an option to turn OFF keeping a copy of SMTP relayed messages in sent items.

Recently the uservoice "SMTP Relay via Office 365 - Keep copy in Sent Items" was apparently implemented. As far as I can tell there is no way to turn this off. Please give those of us who don't want this an option to turn if off.

319 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow forcing custom tile in the app launcher for each user

Right now when an custom tile is created any user has to add it to his app launcher individually.

In case of big companies it is not feasible to roll out new tiles apps that way. These new tiles should be deployed by the administrator to a specific population or all users.

318 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable the content enrichment web service callout

Many customers add custom metadata to Office documents. The content enrichment web service was a perfect way to accomplish this. Please enable this functionality for cloud hybrid search.

314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create search folders (e.g. large mail, flagged, etc) in OWA

Implement search folders in OWA (Outlook Web App) to find "Large mail" and "Flagged" messages across *all* folders.

316 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base