Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. it would be great is you were able add shared office 365 to shareppoint online site.

We have several shared Office365 shared calendars, it would be amazing if we could put these calendars up on our sites other than a link to it. As it is now we can only put a link to the shared calendar.

thanks Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding Cognitive Computing in Hybrid Office 365 and On Premise Solutions

Dear Professional solution providers,

Depending on my experience in the Enterprise solutions , I found an excellent opprtunity to build a real Smart cost effective solutions with taking into consideration Hybrid solutions using Office 365 with On Premise resources.

Now, Microsoft has Delve service , Office Graph which uses some machine learning capabilities. also Cortana will be the main player in the smart solutions depending on the Artificial Intelligence.

Let us discuss about more advanced steps by entering the Cognitive computing for multitype of data including relational data, text and other types, it seems there is a need to start…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. outlook indexing needs to be speedup and archive is not user friendly.

1. please create a small script for speedup indexing. once run the script indexing to be finished.

2. archive setting improve better for user friendly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When entering new alternate email, old alternate email does not get removed from password reset verification page

When I choose to reset my password, I am given the option to use 2 emails for verification. One of them I entered in the alternate email box via the personal info tab in "view account" . The other is the old email that I used previously, but I am unable to remove that email from the list of options.

Only after a support engineer directed me to myapps.microsoft.com> Click on profile picture > drop down to profile > setup self service password reset was I able to remove the old email. I had to enter my new recovery email,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Formatting marks preferably in pale grey rather than black (or text colour)

Previously, non-printing characters (formatting marks) were in an unobtrusive, but visible, pale grey colour (except for returns and paragraph marks in blue).

I have just downloaded an update to MS word (Mac), and the formatting marks are now in black (or text colour). This makes reading the document a whole lot more difficult.

A reversal of this change would be very useful and much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. RESTORE the CREATE BOOKLET feature when on the Print window.

Prior to 365, I could easily transform a Word document into booklet format while on the Print window. All I do is simply select Create Booklet on the PDF button (bottom left hand corner of the window) and the document opens up anew under Preview and is automatically formatted in booklet format. I just then Save the preview as a PDF. But now, while you could hear the motion of opening the document anew into Preview - it no longer appears on the screen. Somehow 365 took this very convenient aspect of Word out of the equation. Please restore this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Profile pages from SharePoint list different URLs for their blogs

If a user clicks on a blog from a profile page in SharePoint the URL is in the form of https://tenant.sharepoint.com/portals/hub/personal/user/blogname

If a user clicks on a blog from Delve, the URL is in the form of
    https://tenant.sharepoint.com/portals/personal/user/_layouts/15/PointPublishing.aspx?storyid=x

This causes problems for Yammer comments as the URLs don't match, even though the content is the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. owa browser display

display issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Questions about responding to email from Amazon customers to blacklist

We often email our Amazon customers because of our business needs, and for customer addresses, we use passwords, such as (kylpjb6mwb4m36r@marketplace.amazon.it), for irregular email names, and every link the customer sends in, They all contain the following three hyperlinks, and we don't send them out of the box, but our email accounts are often thrown into the protection center, thinking that we send spam to stop it, and it takes 24H to reuse it after unblocking it. Seriously affects our normal, has consulted you customer service and backstage support for this question, suggested that when we reply the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Separate from filter into two filters. One for basic from field checking and another for distribution groups.

Currently "from" filter will apply to all members of a distribution group if an email address used in a filter happens to be attached to a distribution group. That is not intuitive and leads to important email getting incorrectly filtered out.

There should be two completely separate filters:
    1. A basic from field filter that simply checks if a string value in the from field matches the one specified in the filter.
    2. A distribution group filter that applies to every member of the group when matched.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PROGRAMMING ISSUES THAT NEED RESOLVING

There are 2 things that I find extremely irritating when working with MS. First: The fact that a minimised document opens when you open another, i.e. word doc minimised will open first when you open another word doc. This happens across the board with Word, Excel, Publisher, etc. GHRRRRHG!!!!

Second: Word documents have a presetting that includes larger than usual spacings between the lines. This means you have to sort the spacing out for each document, removing the 'add space below' and making sure the '1.0' spacing is selected or your letter is all spaced out. When have you ever…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. merge Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. into one application called Office, for example

Previously I create report document using Word, using data from Excel. Which was from CSV file, which was from SQL. It's just absurd. The table in Word just doesn't work like spreadsheet, it's frustating. Now I've been creating report documents using Excel. The new version can now print nicely, unlike before. So it's nice. But then I have to present it, and I don't have time to convert it PowerPoint. Too much work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sort users at risk on Azure by date.

When we check the users, the dates are mixed, it's confusing to know if an event is recent or old.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unread Mail, Calendar Update, Task, Planner numeric notofication if can be added to the Menu items

Possible dev can in future add numeric count notification for Unread Mail, Calendar Update, Task, Planner to the menu items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Outlook OST to PST Conversion

With the assistance of OST to PST Converter program, users can easily export single as well as multiple files along with emails, notes, contact, sent item, delete item, attachment, journals etc. The software does not take more time during the conversion process. It is compatible to work in the absence of MS Outlook installation. It has other features that are listed here:

1. Easily convert data from OST file to Outlook PST file format.

2. Keeps data integrity of Metadata like To, Cc, From, Date, Time, Subject, Object and Bcc.

3. Before the conversion process, it displays the preview of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel online cell note, automatically paste time and editor information

Please make changes on excel online cell note, automatically paste time and editor information like the desktop version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More options for screen timeout with Intune/SCCM

The only options for screen timeout in Intune/SCCM is 1 min and then 5 min. I think 5min is too long but 1 min users are complaining about. Allow admin to choose times or make 2 min available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Feature improvement that item information can be added/changed for Office 365 Groups Calendar when using Outlook 2016

This feature improvement will take effect to Exchange Online Server when adding calendar items to Office 365 Groups Calendar or changing the existing calendar items from Outcook 2016.

Currently, the information which is added to or changed to Office 365 Groups Calendar from Outlook 2016 is not taking effect to Exchange Online Server.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I HATE that you often can't get out of a news item or out of search using escape, close screen etc, but must go to task manger to close it.

I HATE that you often can't get out of a news item or out of search, by using logical means such as "escape" button, right click of mouse, or close screen. Instead you are forced to go to task manager and close the application, so that you can regain use of the computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base