Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Enable MileIQ, business center, Invoice, Listing for E3 Subscriptions

So Microsoft announced that MIleIQ is available for Business Premium Customers as well as 3 other applications.

Invoicing, Connections, Listing and together in the Business Center.

Sounds great..and as a small business myself in I.T. and therefore a MS partner. These are all beneficial to me.

However I cannot use any of these as after spending 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft and about 10 different calls. They all tell me it is for "Business Premium" ONLY.

Despite E3 been the more expensive plan.

Im now actually stuck in between.
    Having purchases MIcrosoft Action Pack Subscription (as Im a…

607 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Fix: Login Experience with Multiple Office 365 Accounts

Currently, the Office 365 login screen (https://portal.microsoftonline.com) will conveniently remember multiple accounts. The experience, however, can be buggy.

Frequently, for example, clicking on [Account A] will instead show the email address for [Account B]. In these situations, it is sometimes necessary to go back, log in as [Account B], log out, and then try again with [Account A].

As an agency, we have several customers requiring Office 365 accounts; this process makes switching accounts far more painful than one would expect.

I assume this is some type of state management issue with the single sign on process, possibly…

603 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 584 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the way of Initials

The initials show automatically based on the Display name. for example if my name is John Smith, my initials will be JS.

If My display name is Smith, John (which is my last name, first name) my Initials shows as SJ

The Initials are usually First character of the first name and the first character of the last name. regardless of my display name, my initials should be the same

So I suggest to have the Initials created based on the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields not on the "Display Name" field

549 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Co-Authoring in Office Desktop w/ 3rd Party Storage (Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc)

Currently, to co-author a document via the desktop version of office the files must be stored in OneDrive/Sharepoint. Please enable the desktop version of office to support co-authoring when their document is stored and opened on third party storage providers (such as Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc).

526 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a response option to a meeting invite: 'Accept, I will attend via Skype'

In both Outlook Client and Outlook on the web, when sending a meeting invite including Skype details to a user, you can select as response Accept, Tentative or Decline. You should add the option to let the organizer know with one click that you will attend via Skype..
    As organizer you can see if you need to arrange a bigger or smaller room for instance, and you know where you need to be (in the meeting room or skype call).

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add shifts tab to Teams channel

With the addition of the new Shifts app within teams directly there is no mechanism to then display relevant shift details to a channel directly.

The shift information should allow for addition to an existing team, under a channel as a tab.

If one of the perceived issues is that members of the shift may not be in an associated Team and Channel combo, perhaps add a check to the tab addition to indicate this fact and allow the bind or reject.

Either way the shift information should be allowed to be more central and visible to participants.

504 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Microsoft Bookings in Office 365 for education plan

If Microsoft Bookings could be enabled in Office 365 for education plan it would be a perfect tool for booking Parent/Teacher Meetings

501 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support mobile app: Add support for PowerApps forms

Currently PowerApps forms for SharePoint not showing in SharePoint Mobile App. Because of it, in 2018, SharePoint is still not mobile friendly.

Yes, OOB SharePoint forms show up, but they are completely static and extremely limited in functionality. We really need PowerApps to be displayed in the SharePoint Mobile app.

496 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlighted content web part -> Add custom columns in the view

the higlighted content web part within a modern page does not allow showing other columns than Title, modified and Modified by.
    This is not handsome, e.g. if showing upcoming events (stored in a sharepoint List), the most important informations are not shown (e.g. Starttime , Location ...)

For more Info, please refer to the following discussion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10/events-within-modern-page/599d8c33-360a-43ec-9543-d7c236a11f13

495 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make possible to rename categories on a shared mailbox or Resource Mailbox

Make possible to rename categories on a shared mailbox or Resource Mailbox

474 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office365 Stack

* What is Office365 Stack?

-An extension of Office365 to consistently run hybrid applications on-premises

- Address latency and connectivity requirements for edge and disconnected solutions
    - Develop applications once and deploy in Office365 or on-premises to meet regulatory and policy requirements
    - Update and extend legacy applications with modern Office365 services on-premises
    - Have Backup solution build-in office365 Stack

Best regards

Alexandre Delen

472 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization

It would be really convenient if I could allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization. A user is the president of two organizations. One organization uses O365 but another organization doesn’t, and I would give this particular user (who is in the company that doesn’t use O365) a permission to access and edit the calendar published and shared in the internet.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

492 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow multiple telephone numbers to be assigned to one user in Skype for Business and PSTN calling

Allow multiple telephone numbers to be assigned to one user in Skype for Business and PSTN calling

470 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. provide a version of Office 365 for Ubuntu/Linux!

Up to know it is not possible to use Office 365 on Ubuntu but more and more students are using Ubuntu on their computers. So especially for university contracts and also in general would it be great to have the possibility to use Office 365 on Ubuntu.

474 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow tagging of OneDrive documents

It would be helpful to tag/organize documents in OneDrive.

472 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a recurring out of office

I would like to have an Out of Office set up to turn on and off on every Friday to allow for flexible schedules.

464 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow custom filters in Excel (online and desktop) when co-authoring

When two or more users are co-authoring an Excel spreadsheet and one of the users applies a filter or edits the selections in a filter, every users view updates to display the filter settings. It would be better if each user could apply their own personal filter settings.

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. User Profile Mobile Phone Number

I'm surprised this is still a thing, but if you populate the mobile phone attribute for users in AD, you apparently can (though not in my experience) get said attribute to sync to your Azure AD profile. However, it DOES NOT sync to your SharePoint online/Delve profiles.

This is a fairly annoying thing that's been on people's radar for about 3 years, apparently. I found a powershell script that is supposed to get around the issue, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Having that attribute be one of the ones that syncs from Azure AD profiles would…

454 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an option for MS Stream to export the transcript to Word/Excel

I would like to have the option to export the Microsoft Stream video transcript to other filetypes (with appropriate formatting), such as Word or Excel. Perhaps the Word export would be a running paragraph of text with no timestamps, whereas the Excel export could be two columns. In column A, we could have the timestamp; in column B, we would have the text of that phrase.

This, and any other exports, would be greatly helpful!

452 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base