Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add support for RFC 5233 subaddressing (myemail+anything@example.org)

Please add RFC 5233 sub-addressing to O365. Gmail has had this feature for ages.

602 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Highlighted Content Web Part -> allow Multiple Filters based on "And" rather than "Or"

Currently the Highlighted Content Web Part allows you to filter based on more than one Managed Properties. That's great, however, when you select more than one property it displays all documents tagged with EITHER property, rather than displaying only documents that are tagged with BOTH properties.
      For example, I have a library with tags for: Department, and Document Type. I want to display these documents on a HCWB in my Communication Site. I only want to display Budget documents from the Finance department. But I can't do that, I can only display all documents tagged with Budget AND all documents…

598 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Share multiple files from OneDrive or SharePoint

It would be great if we could select files in OneDrive or SharePoint, and 'share' them simultaneously, to avoid having to create a folder in which to group files to be shared.

572 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Shared Computer Activation for Office 365 Business and Office 365 Business Premium

Even small businesses use RDS features, and hence also a Server license plus CALs, but right now the options to install Office 365 on a RDS server are limited. You are now required to use the equivalent of Office Professional Plus license through an Office 365 Pro Plus or Office 365 E3 and higher plan. Most small businesses, including mine, would much rather use the equivalent of the Office Standard product which is represented by the Office 365 Business and Business Premium plans.

Since Office 365 is user based licensing rather than the device based licensing found in traditional volume…

552 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The ability to pick your own colour of the initials in the user pic in outlook web app

The Initials that have replaced the silhouette as the User pic in outlook 365 web app are good but it would be nice to be able to pick you own colour choice.

548 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              56 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Enable MileIQ, business center, Invoice, Listing for E3 Subscriptions

So Microsoft announced that MIleIQ is available for Business Premium Customers as well as 3 other applications.

Invoicing, Connections, Listing and together in the Business Center.

Sounds great..and as a small business myself in I.T. and therefore a MS partner. These are all beneficial to me.

However I cannot use any of these as after spending 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft and about 10 different calls. They all tell me it is for "Business Premium" ONLY.

Despite E3 been the more expensive plan.

Im now actually stuck in between.
              Having purchases MIcrosoft Action Pack Subscription (as Im a…

496 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Powershell ISE Freezes when MFA is Enabled

After enabling MFA for our accounts now everyone has issues using the PowerShell ISE tool with the MSOnline modules. About 5-15 minutes after loading the MSOnline module and making the connection using Connect-MSOLService the entire ISE window will freeze and you have to use task manager to kill it. If you disable MFA for the user account in use then the problem goes away. This is using the latest versions of the cmdlets and on a Windows 10 Creators update computer. This has been an on-going issue since PowerShell 4.0. It appears to be related to an issue with WinForms…

480 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow users to edit their personal info

Under Office 365 settings > Personal info, only admins can change their own details.

I understand this is restricted to prevent abuse. However, organizations should be given the freedom to choose whether or not to lift this restriction. I suggest an additional option/rule under Exchange's user roles.

Please also add the field "Title" to the Personal info section if it's not the currently displayed "Occupation".

474 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    32 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Office365 Stack

* What is Office365 Stack?

-An extension of Office365 to consistently run hybrid applications on-premises

- Address latency and connectivity requirements for edge and disconnected solutions
                    - Develop applications once and deploy in Office365 or on-premises to meet regulatory and policy requirements
                    - Update and extend legacy applications with modern Office365 services on-premises
                    - Have Backup solution build-in office365 Stack

Best regards

Alexandre Delen

469 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Enable Microsoft Bookings in Office 365 for education plan

If Microsoft Bookings could be enabled in Office 365 for education plan it would be a perfect tool for booking Parent/Teacher Meetings

461 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add a response option to a meeting invite: 'Accept, I will attend via Skype'

In both Outlook Client and Outlook on the web, when sending a meeting invite including Skype details to a user, you can select as response Accept, Tentative or Decline. You should add the option to let the organizer know with one click that you will attend via Skype..
                        As organizer you can see if you need to arrange a bigger or smaller room for instance, and you know where you need to be (in the meeting room or skype call).

456 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Skype for Business - Set Default View in Options (Gallery vs. Speaker vs. Content)

Please add an option to set a Default View in Skype for Business when joining a Conference. The client seems to default to the "Speaker View" when joining a conference but generally "content is king". While it's possible to switch to the "Content View" it would be better (IMHO) to allow the user to set this as the default view if content is shared. The drop down to change the view is available in the top-right of the screen but appears hidden to most of the users I've worked with (including Microsoft Support Engineers). Defaulting to the Content View when…

449 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Bug Fix: Login Experience with Multiple Office 365 Accounts

Currently, the Office 365 login screen (https://portal.microsoftonline.com) will conveniently remember multiple accounts. The experience, however, can be buggy.

Frequently, for example, clicking on [Account A] will instead show the email address for [Account B]. In these situations, it is sometimes necessary to go back, log in as [Account B], log out, and then try again with [Account A].

As an agency, we have several customers requiring Office 365 accounts; this process makes switching accounts far more painful than one would expect.

I assume this is some type of state management issue with the single sign on process, possibly…

417 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • SMTP Relay via Office 365 - Keep copy in Sent Items

When using SMTP relay from on premise software or device, Office 365 does not keep a copy of the email in the Sent Items folder - if the from address is a valid/licensed internal mailbox or shared mailbox (e.g. quotes@... / orders@...)

This feature is available from competitors (e.g. Google)

When using an internal system to send emails e.g. quotes, orders etc, it is essentail to keep a copy in the sent items folder for CRM purposes!

The only alternative is to BCC the email to an internal mailbox and this adds a lot of email management and frustration for…

409 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add more color choices for office themes

Add some darker color choices for outlook themes.

407 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Allow tracked changes to show in Word Online

I'm a teacher and we use Office365 at our school. I use the desktop version of Word a lot but my students prefer the online version. When I comment their writing I can't use "track changes" because they won't show in Word Online... Only comments show. Why? Please allow Track Changes to show online!

383 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Office 365 support for Windows Server 2019

With the recent announcement @ Ignite that Office 365 would not be supported on Windows Server 2019, I’d like to request that decision to be reversed. As a long time RDSH admin this is a poor decision and would require using Office 2019 to connect to a cloud mailbox. Essentially requiring a double license for Office functionality in RDSH.

367 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 365 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add calendar/timeline view of tasks to Planner product

We need a calendared or timeline based view of assigned tasks to support our use of the planner product as a publication planning tool.

364 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • provide a version of Office 365 for Ubuntu/Linux!

Up to know it is not possible to use Office 365 on Ubuntu but more and more students are using Ubuntu on their computers. So especially for university contracts and also in general would it be great to have the possibility to use Office 365 on Ubuntu.

355 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base