Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update the WBS Modeler add-in for Visio 2010 to work with Visio 2016

We would get enormous benefit in having this tool updated for Visio 2016 -- our executive's eyes glaze over when shown a Gantt chart in Project; we'd like to provide a nice graphical WBS. This Visio Add-in was brilliant, and we'd like to be able to use it now that we are using Office 365 and Project Pro (version 2016).
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26229

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set custom start page

Every user is able to set a custom start page within the personal Office 365 settings. This is a great setting and very valuable. We would love to have the option to allow a custom URL. For example: contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/projecta. This allows users to create their own start page for Office 365 to every location. We are sure this can be very valuable to increase user adoption for Office 365.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable the default setting of LinkedIn integration with Microsoft Office Apps

About LinkedIn integration with Office Applications

Please disable the setting of LinkedIn integration with Office Apps since it is “ON by default” when it is rolled out to Office 365 tenants.

So, it can prevent users in our organization from sharing account information which is associated with Office 365 and organization’s information.

<Reference>
    Title : LinkedIn account connections for Microsoft apps and services
    URL : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/linkedin-integration

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for multiple Office365 accounts on one PC (Yammer, Skype for Business, etc)

As a consultant I work for many large enterprises. Most of these ask me to use their Office365 account. Of course, I have my own Office365 as well, which means I am using 2-3 different Office365 accounts side-by-side on a daily basis.

This is a very common scenario in the consulting business. Unfortunately, many office apps do not support this, including Skype for Business, Yammer and Dynamics CRM.

It would be great if:

1. you could easily see which account you're logged in currently

2. be able to be logged in to multiple accounts at the same time

3. this would be supported…
    107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export sharepoint list version history

The ability to export a SharePoint list version history to Excel. The same information in the version history tab of a list item in an excel report that can be presented to an audit team for review of what, when, where, who.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove "open in new tab" within SITE CONTENTS (modern UI)

When using the new SITE CONTENTS page, and I click on a link for a library, WHY does it open in a new tab ??

This is simply annoying - and I usually end up with 20 tabs - as I navigate around.

This doesn't seem to serve any purpose - I find myself reverting to CLASSIC - to avoid this.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please fix Skype for Business wrong time zone displayed in Missed Conversation messages

When users received SfB "missed conversation" emails in Outlook, the timezone for the conversation timestamps are always set to PST, but our entries Office365 organisation and user regional settings in OWA are set to British GMT time. I am aware it is a bug that has been reported to MS for over a year but still no bug fix:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb/skype-for-business-online-missed-conversation/04d94a08-ded0-4b2a-83bd-633f7d57c6d6

Please can we just get this fixed

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Able to convert synced users (unlicensed) to a shared mailbox

Allow the Global Administrator to convert unlicensed synced users to shared mailbox in Office 365.
    At the moment, converting synced user to shared mailbox is possible only after assigning EXO license.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. That all photos for contacts and generally will be more than just 96 pix

Low-res pic is over,
    We know in the Hi-Reg age

Every time i change photos of contacts in my android that synced with Exchange online it's reduced to low res after sync!

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Document Headers and Footers in Excel Online

I suggest you have Excel Online support headers and footers (like Word Online does) so that they appear when you view or print the document. Currently all header information is lost when viewed or printed from a web browser.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add Microsoft Bookings to E3 subscriptions. The potential productivity benefits are huge.

Please add Microsoft Bookings to E3 subscriptions. The potential productivity benefits are huge.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct the inaccurate information about a user’s status in Skype for Business Online

Skype for Business Online shows contacts appearing with incorrect Offline Days. I realize this is a known issue, but I would like to vote that this be fixed, or at least get a time frame for when this will be resolved. I also realize a PowerShell script can be run to disable the LastActive field, but I believe this is a poor workaround for something that should be fixed since it seems to be a bug.

Known issue article here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3056287

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Admin to set / change Call forwarding phone number for user in Skype for Business on lync Server

Allow Admin to set / change Call forwarding phone number for user in Skype for Business on lync Server.

Admin should be able to change number if user is sick / holiday or unable to change number for whatever reason

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. provide the Assigned To field on Planner Tasks when accessing in Flow

When getting a task in Flow from a Planner plan, the Assigned To field is missing! Created by is there, but not the Assigned to.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Pictures without Exchange-License

It's a shame, that you have to buy an Exchange-License for having the option to show user pictures or edit your own picture.

We use an Exchange local at our network an SfB as online service with Office365. We don't understand what the problem ist, to use the picture from the office 365 account and why you have to buy an additional online-exchange-license.

In my oppinion this is a basic feature and Microsoft uses these ways to get more money from their business-customers.

Can you please think about that?

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office 2016 for Mac - Device Based Activation

In Education, Device Based Activation makes a lot of sense for shared computers so that an O365 is not required while still giving O365 users access to the latest features that aren't available in the volume license. This feature is currently available for Windows but not Mac OS.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft Teams: Set “Open application in background” as default

Microsoft Teams: Please make it possible to set the “Open application in background” setting in the client as default when deploying to users.

Most end users finds it annoying to get the Microsoft Teams client full up their desktop screen when logging on to Windows.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the functionality for the ADFS ESL Banned IP list to auto subscribe to a 365 RBL list for malicious IPs

Can you add the functionality for the ADFS ESL (External Smart Lockout) Banned IP list to auto subscribe to a 365 RBL list for malicious IPs. This will stop the need for Admins to have to manually add the Banned IPs to the ADFS ESL Banned IP list.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base