Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Publisher compatible with a MAC

Make publisher compatible with a MAC

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable export of Planner Tasks to a nominated excel spreadsheet in a nominated location

Provide a control or option on the MS Planner plan pages to natively export Planner tasks to a nominated Excel spreadsheet in a nominated OneDrive or SharePoint location.

The exported tasks should allow for optional selection of Active, Overdue, Pending, Completed, or All tasks, with a default option of Active tasks only and include the following data:
    * Title
    * create date/time
    * Bucket Name
    * Status Name
    * Start Date/Time
    * Due Date/Time
    * Complete DateTime (if available)
    * Description
    * Timestamped Progress Notes (if available)

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Stream - Sort Videos by File Name

Within the Stream video list, or within channels, it would be very helpful to have a option to sort by file name. I typically use file naming conventions when uploading multiple (related) videos, and being able to sort by file name would be extremely helpful for our video workflow and collaboration.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams-Disable Voicemail to Email

When a new voicemail comes into Ms teams calling provide the option to disable the voicemail to email and only allow VM to stay in the MS Teams voicemail tab. Companies want the ability to manage searchable data in their exchange system. Voicemail should not be fully tied to email and should have a separate policy

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve the behavior when acquiring the Office 365 audit logs along with "FileAccessed".

*English follows Japanese

■内容:公開情報では "FileAccessed" の項目があるが実際には、アイテムを新規作成したログが取得され、アイテムにアクセスしたログは取得できない。そのため、"FileAccessed" の項目にて、アイテムにアクセスしたログも取得できる動作の実装を希望します。

I am aware of the publishing information about "FileAccessed". However, it is the case that I am unable to acquire any of the logs concerning the items to which I get accessed to in case of getting the logs when creating a new item. As a consequence, I hope that I will be able to experience the behavior to get the logs when accessing to an item as far as "FileAccessed" is concerned.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make "Keep me signed in" actually stay signed in!

If I click the checkbox to stay signed in, it should never log me out until I manually log myself out- I mean, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and many other companies do this, why doesn't Microsoft? It's very frustrating to need to sign back in and type in the 2FA code several times a day at my own workstation!

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix redirection limit for mails within Office 365

I manage two different Office 365 tenants for two different companies.
    Several years ago I created a forwarding rule that behaved in the following way:

This worked fine until recently: sometimes rules work as expected, but most of the time mails get into email1@tenant1.com and get forwarded to email2@tenant2.com. Afterwards the email is not forwarded to user1 and user2 anymore.

After investigation by Microsoft Support I was informed that the limitation for redirecting…

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow persistent chat/meeting rooms in Skype for business

Instead of creating exchange distribution groups, please allow creating Skype for business, unique and persistent chat/meeting rooms.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Throttling (IMAP) in Exchange Online

Our IMAP users are getting throttled in Exchange Online (for Thunderbird the error message is 'User is Connected but not Authenticated', even with 1 connection). This causes all their email clients to stop working until the throttling budget is reset - which usually happens after 30-40 minutes.

We want to be able to customize the throttling policies or at the very least get more up to date policies! A normal user have three or four clients (Desktops, Tablet, Phone) and it seems to be the amount of IMAP connections rather than the amount of data that's being downloaded.

(note: this…

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Decommission Exchange Server after Migration to Office 365

After a successful Migration from OnPrem Exchange Server to Office 365 via Hybrid Scenario O365 Support answered that I have to leave the Exchange Server in my Environment.
    No Customer wants to handle a not anymore used Exchange Server in they're Environment, specially with a view into future, shell we always leave a Exchange Server 2010 running for 10 years?
    There need to be a way provided from Microsoft for probably ten-thousands of customer to remove Exchange Server and still leave AAD Synch in Place! (most customer want to have only one Identity for their Users (in Active Directory)

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) to O365/2016

I was told by a MS Answer Tech that MODI is not available in Office 2016 nor, by extension, Office 365 ProPlus. It would be great if this were available again.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Office 365 Business Center to E3 plan

Small Business need features like Connections for email marketing and StaffHub for employee management. Currently Connections is only available on the Business Premium SKU and Staff Hub is only on the E and F series SKUs.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The SharePoint Term Store should be a standalone office application for enterprise taxonomy and vocabulary management

Taxonomy and corporate vocabularies have utility in a wide variety of enterprise application. The SharePoint Term Store is the best place in the Microsoft stack to manage hierarchical vocabularies but it is hidden in SharePoint and development has not progressed. Splitting out the Term Store into a standalone office application would give Microsoft customers a centralized place to manage taxonomies and vocabularies that could be used across a wide variety of applications. This would be a significant boost to corporate information governance.

As just one example, the Azure Data Catalog released last year includes a business glossary feature that duplicates…

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Bookings Multi-language Support

In Canada, we need users to be able to toggle their language preference on the bookings page. Right now, I can create two separate bookings calendars/pages but it's messy.

Thanks!

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. sync profile pictures to office 365 applications

Profile pictures currently only sync for Outlook and Skype for Business. I would like them to sync to Excel, Word, etc. without hooking up an ADFS server.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable the default setting of LinkedIn integration with Microsoft Office Apps

About LinkedIn integration with Office Applications

Please disable the setting of LinkedIn integration with Office Apps since it is “ON by default” when it is rolled out to Office 365 tenants.

So, it can prevent users in our organization from sharing account information which is associated with Office 365 and organization’s information.

<Reference>
    Title : LinkedIn account connections for Microsoft apps and services
    URL : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/linkedin-integration

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Desktop notifications

It would be a huge help to have the notifications from office products take advantage of the HTML5 notifications API and display on the desktop.

Although IE support for HTML5 notifications is apparently "under construction", surely this would be an extremely useful feature for other browsers. I imagine it would complement the recent "notifications pane" update quite well.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Invite external users to planner

Allow external users to participate in Planner projects. Many projects require collaboration outside the organization.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update the WBS Modeler add-in for Visio 2010 to work with Visio 2016

We would get enormous benefit in having this tool updated for Visio 2016 -- our executive's eyes glaze over when shown a Gantt chart in Project; we'd like to provide a nice graphical WBS. This Visio Add-in was brilliant, and we'd like to be able to use it now that we are using Office 365 and Project Pro (version 2016).
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26229

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Read only files in Microsoft Teams for Education

Files published in Teams channels are editable/deletable by all Team members.
    It can be handy in an educational environment for the Teacher to be able to publish read only files for the students.
    Can you add a feature when creating a channel that you can choose 'read only'. Files in this channel would be read only for the students.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base