Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Billing frequency changes (annual/month-to-month)

I originally set up my Office 365 E3 subscription on a month-to-month basis. As an independent contractor, my revenue varies each month so some months are fatter, some months are leaner.

This is a fat month and I want to change my billing from month-to-month to annual. The billing FAQ informs me that I can do this, but need to call customer support. So I call customer support. Their solution? Add a 2nd E3 subscription, BACK UP ALL MY DATA (because the switch might cause it to be deleted), and cancel the original month-to-month E3 (with the early termination fee…

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. support shared mailbox access from Outlook Mobile and other native mailboxes

Users should be able to access a shared mailbox via mobile e-mail clients (either native, 3rd party like Boxer or Nine, and from the Outlook Mobile app).

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the insertion of an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote 2016 from the Insert tab/ribbon as the Windows version allows. Teachers need this!

Users (especially teachers) need the option to insert an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote 2016 for MAC OS X. Math, science, and technology teachers who have students collaborating in OneNote Class Notebook especially need this feature for use with students.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable "Shared Templates" in Office Online

In our existing Word and PowerPoint apps, we were able to post shared, branded templates for use across the organization. This is no longer available when using Office Online. Please enable more choice so that users, when creating a new document, can select from blank or from designated, designed templates.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Office 365 new sign-in experience with ADFS 3.0 has no optoin to keep me signed in.

With ADFS 3.0 federated sign-in, users are currently able to check the "Keep me signed in" box, prior to entering their username and being taken to the organization's ADFS sign-in page. With the new login experience, this option was moved to the password screen, which an ADFS user does not see. ADFS 3.0 itself does not have the option to stay signed in.

Please add the stay signed in box back to the username screen on the new sign-in experience.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to completely disable Intelligent Service in Office

The recent update introduced pop-up suggesting to use Intelligent Services. But it only has Turn On and Not now buttons. Pressing Not now just hides it for some time and it will pop again (as it is said in the document related to this feature). Add an option to completely disable it. Would be great to have a kill switch for this tenant wide.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SharePoint Online Single Sign On

If single sign on is setup to allow domain credentials to access officer 365 resources, the user should not see a login prompt even just to enter the username. As traditional intranet solutions allow users to logon seamless to the intranet in a true single sign on experience. Federated Acceleration does help as a workaround but blocking external sharing does not give us the full power of SharePoint online.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Profile Pictures on outbound/external email

Give option to attach Office 365 profile picture so when others view email from the user they see their picture.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to map SharePoint drive and KEEP it alive

Currently, there are a few things you have to do in order to even map a SharePoint drive. But in order to KEEP it alive, you have to sign into your SharePoint site, navigate to your document library, click the library ribbon at the top, and click "Open with Explorer". So, you have to do that every day or two in order to keep the token alive.

I would like MS to do one of two things. Either add the ability to ACCESS, not SYNC only, within OneDrive for Business app or create a different way to connect to a…

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Publisher: Allow comments and track changes

Publisher should support comments and track changes like Word. This would be especially helpful when a Publisher documents needs to be reviewed. I currently have to create a PDF of the document and then use the comment feature in Acrobat to allow my management to review and comment electronically.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add/Embed YouTube videos to Microsoft Streams

We as an organisation think Microsoft Streams could be used as a training ground for our staff on office 365 applications, we would like to have the ability to add YouTube videos that we approve as good training material. There is some great training material on YouTube to be able to highlight the good ones in Microsoft Steams would be fantastic.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add an option to disable email notifications when sharing a calendar

It would be very helpfull to turn off calendar invites. In a company, where each calender is shared with all other employees - sharing a calendar for a new employee, will result in many hundred mails the the entire organisazion, when shaing/editing the permissions for the calender for all users.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Removing Sudan from the list of restricted countries for Office 365

Dear Sirs,

I wanted to configure office 365 Education for my University - Sudan University of Science and Technology - which resides in Sudan, but I did not find my country - Sudan - listed in the drop-down list "Where's your company located?" on the link below:

https://signup.microsoft.com/Signup?OfferId=03ee83a5-5cb4-4545-aca9-33ead43f222a,d764709a-7763-45ef-a2a8-db5b8b6ae704&DL=ENTERPRISEPREMIUM_FACULTY&ali=1

When I tried to find a solution for the above-mentioned issue through Microsoft Community Support Forums, I have been informed that Sudan is listed as one of the restricted country for Office 365 license subscription and may not be able to use the product. You can check the bellow link regarding the…

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Shared with Me" Organization in OneDrive

Please allow users to add folders to and organize their "Shared with Me" section of OneDrive.

It would also be nice to allow users to move items from "Shared with Me" into "Files" so they can be organized with the files they have created. I can appreciate the syncing issues this would create, but it would save a lot of unnecessary searching through unorganized documents.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SCA (Shared Computer Activation) for Mac

Support Mac computers to enable SCA (Shared Computer Activation).

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom Office 365 Notifications

Add the ability for a developer to push custom notifications to one or more Office 365 users within an org which are then shown via the suite bar bell icon. This functionality would be similar to a meeting reminder notice or receiving an email.

The use case for this functionality is notifying all or a select group of users within an org of bad weather, non-Office 365 system outages, or other types of emergencies. Ideally, would like the ability to use this functionality from within a Flow to trigger these notifications upon adding an item to a SharePoint list.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can we add the ability for phone call or text message reminders to the Bookings application?

Add the ability for the businesses to have automated text messages or phone call reminders set up for appointments that are set up through the bookings application.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar. ManyThanks

Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar.
    In addition, to the meeting room name and the address mail of the meeting room, it is important to add the following fields:
    - video-projector
    - number of network point connection
    - Phone conference present or not and its number
    - black/white board
    You can add all this information as differents fields or as a one big field "Equipments", as you prefer.
    All this information have to be visible when you are booking the room.
    Many thanks in advance for this upgrade!

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to change the proofing language for all users

The proofing language for Word Online etc. is set to English US by default, and whilst you can change this on a single document, it automatically defaults back to English US for every new document created.

I've spoken to Microsoft, who confirmed this is by design, and cannot currently be changed at a global/admin level.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base