Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to map SharePoint drive and KEEP it alive

Currently, there are a few things you have to do in order to even map a SharePoint drive. But in order to KEEP it alive, you have to sign into your SharePoint site, navigate to your document library, click the library ribbon at the top, and click "Open with Explorer". So, you have to do that every day or two in order to keep the token alive.

I would like MS to do one of two things. Either add the ability to ACCESS, not SYNC only, within OneDrive for Business app or create a different way to connect to a…

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow an owner to pin an announcement in Yammer

Allow the owners of a Yammer group to pin a specific announcement to the top of the Yammer group to ensure all users see it and can access

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed"

We are beginning to see users that have problem with sending mail if that mail has been autosaved to "Drafts" folder.

If they start to write a mail and that mail is not send within 3 minutes (The default time for autosave to kick in) then 1 out of 10 times the mail cannot be send. It just pop up with the error:
    "The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed"

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Office 365 new sign-in experience with ADFS 3.0 has no optoin to keep me signed in.

With ADFS 3.0 federated sign-in, users are currently able to check the "Keep me signed in" box, prior to entering their username and being taken to the organization's ADFS sign-in page. With the new login experience, this option was moved to the password screen, which an ADFS user does not see. ADFS 3.0 itself does not have the option to stay signed in.

Please add the stay signed in box back to the username screen on the new sign-in experience.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar. ManyThanks

Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar.
    In addition, to the meeting room name and the address mail of the meeting room, it is important to add the following fields:
    - video-projector
    - number of network point connection
    - Phone conference present or not and its number
    - black/white board
    You can add all this information as differents fields or as a one big field "Equipments", as you prefer.
    All this information have to be visible when you are booking the room.
    Many thanks in advance for this upgrade!

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make notifications of changes to Calendar permissions OPTIONAL (Outlook for Windows)

Currently, if you demote or change the permission level of another user into your calendar (Calendar / Share Calendar / Permissions) that user receives a very annoying message that suggests you don't trust him/her anymore: "XXXX has removed the sharing permissions for an Outlook calendar previously shared with you.".

Each user should be able to enable/disable all notifications within the same "permissions" tab.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please enable Synchronous Scrolling in side by side on the MAC version of excel office 365. I need to compare many spreadsheets per day

Side by side scrolling is not available on MAC Excel 365, but this feature is available on Windows version. Please enable synchronous scrolling in side by side mode on excel for Mac. I need to compare many spreadsheets per day and this feature is invaluable. I just moved from windows to mMac and find I need to still have a Windows machine to use this feature. Is it on the Roadmap - if so when is it expected?

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Document Template URL within Content Type Hub

Content Types created within the Content Type Hub allow for the addition or a Document Template via URL. However, when these are published to alternate Site Collections they will not work due to the URL being Relative to the Site Collection that they are published to. (Confirmed by MS Support Team)

This means that updating a Document Template requires administrators to re-upload the document to the Content Type as opposed to having the changes replicated automatically that would be expected in a properly managed Document Control System.

Please allow URL Templates to work correctly for the Content Type Hub.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Whiteboard App for Microsoft Teams should have a possibility to use storage in datacenters in Europe only

The Whiteboard App for Microsoft Teams and mobile clients should have a possibility to use storage in datacenters in Europe only.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable Invite your coworkers in Yammer configuration

Please add the ability to disable "Invite your coworkers" link in Yammer. Please add a configuration setting for this.

Please also allow disabling "Suggested coworkers" in Yammer home page as well. All our employee's are in Yammer, we don't have any legitimate users to add.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure Dynamic Groups Licensing Reprocess PowerShell cmdlet

Please add a new PowerShell cmdlet to reprocess a group for Azure Dynamic Group based licensing. When transitioning from a direct assigned license over to azure dynamic group based licensing, there is no reprocess cmdlet on the group. Everything else can be scripted to transition the licenses over to Azure Dynamic Group based Licensing, except for reprocessing the group. We have transitioned about 10 out of 60 groups, and each time we have to login to the portal and click the reprocess button.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Publisher compatible with a MAC

Make publisher compatible with a MAC

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable Word Online to support URLs with bookmark tags at the end.

Workd 2010, 13 and 16 support URL's to other files that you can append a #bookmark tag so when the file opens it will auto open to that placeholder in the document.

Word Online does not currently support this feature.

Example: Word doc wants to reference "section2" of another document.

URL is domain.sharepoint.com/documents/otherdocument.docx#section2

In Word 2010 and later (except online) when you click that link it will open up the new document and auto scroll to the section2 bookmark of that document.

Word online has not such functionality

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable export of Planner Tasks to a nominated excel spreadsheet in a nominated location

Provide a control or option on the MS Planner plan pages to natively export Planner tasks to a nominated Excel spreadsheet in a nominated OneDrive or SharePoint location.

The exported tasks should allow for optional selection of Active, Overdue, Pending, Completed, or All tasks, with a default option of Active tasks only and include the following data:
    * Title
    * create date/time
    * Bucket Name
    * Status Name
    * Start Date/Time
    * Due Date/Time
    * Complete DateTime (if available)
    * Description
    * Timestamped Progress Notes (if available)

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email Signature

1. Email Signature for company wide deployment using admin panel - signature should come at the bottom of message and not at the the end of email chain when - reply/forward.

2. Support Formatting of signatures using a built in Text Editor (similar to individual email signature tool) in admin panel using the standard macros

3. Should follow the same signature settings across all platforms - web, mail client, Android, iOS, etc.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Stream - Sort Videos by File Name

Within the Stream video list, or within channels, it would be very helpful to have a option to sort by file name. I typically use file naming conventions when uploading multiple (related) videos, and being able to sort by file name would be extremely helpful for our video workflow and collaboration.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make "Keep me signed in" actually stay signed in!

If I click the checkbox to stay signed in, it should never log me out until I manually log myself out- I mean, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and many other companies do this, why doesn't Microsoft? It's very frustrating to need to sign back in and type in the 2FA code several times a day at my own workstation!

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix redirection limit for mails within Office 365

I manage two different Office 365 tenants for two different companies.
    Several years ago I created a forwarding rule that behaved in the following way:

This worked fine until recently: sometimes rules work as expected, but most of the time mails get into email1@tenant1.com and get forwarded to email2@tenant2.com. Afterwards the email is not forwarded to user1 and user2 anymore.

After investigation by Microsoft Support I was informed that the limitation for redirecting…

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base