Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Unable to remove default domain email address added to shared mailbox / user mailbox as alias / Unable to delete email alias

Hi
    some of the reasons microsoft doesn't allows us to remove the alias email address with the default domain.

i created a shared mailbox called finance@secondarydomain.com. when i created that it automatically created an email alias as finance@primarydomain.com by default. Now i tried to create an additional shared mailbox finance@primarydomain.com but cannot do so as the address is used by finance@secondarydomain.com.

When i try to delete the alias from the first mailbox the settings seems to be saved without any error message, but when i reopen the dialog box the alias address still there. when i try to…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive for Business on Linux

OneDrive for Business on Linux
    No OneDrive for Business on Linux aka Dropbox exists. This is a showstopper for many.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sign out screen of O365

Dear Team
    when you sign out from https://login.microsoftonline.com/ we are redirected to the sign out screen I suggest to have an option or bottom to allow to sign in again, it would be easier

Regards

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the ribbon icons back to how they were!

The new ribbon icons are terrible!

They are very low contrast and I'm having trouble working out which is which!

There's very little colour and it's really hard to differentiate between similar icons. I have 'set print area' and 'preview and print' next to each other and there's no difference aside from a thin blue line on set print area.

Please provide the option to change back to the previous icons or the ability to select from high contrast or low contrast.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure AD Groups with more than 50,000 Users

Hello O365 Team

Is it possible to increase the Azure AD group membership limits to more than 50,000 Users. We have scenarios were we would like to have groups with well over 100,000. For example could the limit be increased to support 500,000 to 1,000,000.

We opened a case with MS Support and they mentioned the following:

Unfortunately there is no way we can currently add more than 50k users to a group and as informed Nesting is the only available workaround. We at Microsoft are not aware of any Powershell scripts available to increase the limit as we do…

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow forms to be shared so that they have more than one owner who can see the responses.

I want to be able to share ownership of a form so that multiple people can see the responses.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flow: Create a "Wait Until Field Change in Current Item"

Please build a "wait until field change in current item" action into Microsoft Flow. This exists in SharePoint Designer and is extremely necessary for building workflows. The Do Until function does not work well, is not clear or user-friendly at all, and does not have the exact same functionality. Microsoft Flow is supposed to be more user-friendly than SharePoint Designer, but until I get this functionality I will not be able to use it, and my "SuperUsers" will never understand the Do Until action.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Yammer Backup and Restore Solution

We would like to have the ability to backup and restore deleted groups into Yammer

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow tenant to change region

Businesses move head quarters and allowing them change region can be very helpful. Currently there is no way to migrate to a new region other than to create a new tenant. While achievable with Exchange Online, with SharePoint Online this is very difficult.

As the recent Japan and Australian migrations show, this is clearly achievable.

The other options is to decrease latency between regions, but this is more of a internet backbone infrastructure issue.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable POP and IMAP by Default

I'd like to be able to set that the default for IMAP and POP is disabled. From there we can turn on these features per mailbox as required.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Yammer Enterprise to the O365 Enterprise E3 Developer Licence

When working with clients who do not want to give developers access to a production Yammer tenant we need to be able to test yammer integration with a Yammer enterprise tenant. I believe that it should be part of the O365 Enterprise E3 Developer Licence.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand reporting for Office 365 Planner

Implement an ability to mine the completion statistics for Planner tasks across plans. i.e. the ability to follow 'multiple project plans' an see in aggregate their completion rates and statistics, by user, by plan...

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Agenda/To Do List to OWA Calendar Views

Add a "new" view to the Calendar. Similar to the Outlook To Do Bar (Checked Calendar option), provide a Calendar View that shows the next Calendar events, regardless of Day of the week, until the limit is reached. Make the limit the same as the Outlook 2016 To Do Bar, since that seems to work nicely.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SharePoint Online - Document Opening Behavior

At first in our organization documents used to open in Read Only mode but now they are opening in Edit Mode, I want to revert these changes as they should open in Read Only mode or add a feature in Document Library where users can select the default behavior for the documents.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow for British DD/MM/YYYY format when using OneDrive/Excel Online

When creating documents on Excel offline, as a British user the standard date format is always set to DD/MM/YYYY. When this is then uploaded to OneDrive and people work on the document online it automatically displays the date as the american MM/DD/YYYY, which causes all sorts of issues, especially with formulas and especially if people are entering dates once the document is online.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. enable filters for Sharepoint Recycle bin

Enable filters for the Recycle Bin view which allow selection of date range and user. This would greatly help in recovery of large amounts of inadvertently deleted data which a particular user has done (such as by "cleaning up" local folders which were actually synced.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve Stream Performance - picture blurry first 6-18 seconds of video

When we post videos to Stream, when clicked to play from Stream or if they are embedded in SharePoint, the first 6-18 seconds of the video is blurry and then the picture sharpens. Microsoft Support says that this is a known issue and the Stream team is aware of it. Please fix!
    Notes on the issue: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Forum/Video-Playback-Blurry-first-half-of-video/td-p/79251
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Video/MS-Stream-Video-very-blurry/td-p/77873

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)