Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Allow collaborators on Microsoft Forms

I love the functionality of Microsoft Forms. However, I work on a team and we would like to be able to share the Responses so that we all have the ability to view the automatically created charts. We also would like to share control on the questions being asked. Team work is important and I would love to see Microsoft Forms better support this.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 1904 - files on redirected folders wont open when offline

We use redirected folders for users desktops, these are redirected to a server 2012 R2 share. When users are not on the network offline files allows them to open the files on their redirected desktop.

We are using windows 10 1803 and 1809.

If a user has Microsoft office 1904 or later installed when they try to open a file from the desktop when offline they get the message "Sorry, we cant open \\Filename because the server isnt responding" This happens for all office files.

The files are there and can be opened with other programs, e.g a csv file…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have App Launcher open apps in New Tab as default, or as an option, for all of my users.

Is there a way to make the default action for the App Launcher (waffle) open the app (mail, contacts, yammer or whatever) in a new tab?

That's one of the biggest complaints I hear from my users, that when they click to go somewhere else they lose their spot.

Yes, I know you can right-click and select to open in new tab. Try and keep telling 500+ people that....

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharepoint Document Retention Based on "Last Viewed" instead of "Last Modified" Date

We'd like to be able to set Sharepoint Online document retention policies based on date a document was last viewed, as opposed to date last modified.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable reports to view the usage of Visio Pro.

I would like to see if users who have a visio Pro license are actually using this license. There is no option at the moment. This would be very welcome in the report area.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016

Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016.

It would be a huge usability improvement, if published links at 'Sharepoint Online Admin / User Profiles / My Sites / Publish Links to Office Client Applications' would work with Office 2013/2016. Looks like it's currently working only with Office2010.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove Extra Characters from the Copy Link URL recently introduced in SharePoint Online

Remove the extra URL characters in the GET A LINK function. Links now look like https://company.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/sitecollection/Lists/Documents/test.pdf?csf=1 with the extra :b:/r/ in the URL. Other characters appear based on the type of document. Please eliminate these new characters and the ?csf=x variable at the end of the link so we can have clean URLs like https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/sitecollection/Lists/Documents/test.pdf.

Or at least give us the ability to configure SharePoint Online so we can have these characters removed.

This recent change by Microsoft to these SharePoint Online links is messing up our manufacturing software that is attempting to load these links from a mirrored…

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable read receipt in Outlook Mobile

Outlook Mobile automatically sends read receipts, even if you really don't want it sends. I read it's an Active Sync issue, but there is some email mobile client around that disables read receipts.
    Automatic sending of read receipts is absolutely unsuited for business use, Please correct that.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable external users to use Approvals in Flow

As explained by Microsoft Office365 Support, the template Approvals in Flow does not allow external users to interact with the full process. An external user can access a SharePoint site (e.g. to browse an item list) but he/she cannot press the button Approve/Reject in the email created by the Approval process in Flow. This restriction "by design" is negative for companies like ours where we handle approvals of documents by colleagues who work for different subsidiaries (=every subsidiary a different Office365 tenant) and therefore it is impossible to manage flow inside such organization.

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhance the OneDrive Sync Client to support authenticated proxies.

Enterprise environments commonly use outbound proxies that require the outbound traffic to provide authentication credentials. When an application generates the traffic, the application needs to be able to response to the proxy request for credentials. Today, the sync client does not respond to request for credentials and the outbound traffic is blocked.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync Group files to Mac

With the new Mac Sync Client it is now possible to sync OdfB files to my Mac. This is good.
    However, Team/Group files cannot be synced to the Mac. Please make this work!

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Release a solution for synchronizing the SharePoint Online Team Site's document library with NAS devices

I would like to see a release of the ability to synch the sharepoint document library of a team site with a NAS device such as a Synology NAS. Currently Synology has an application called "Cloud Sync" but this only works for OneDrive and not SharePoint. Being able to synch the document library with a NAS will provide seemless collaboration for both users on-premis as well as those working remotely, accross several branches worldwide.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get-LogonStatistics for Exchange Online

It would be great to allow admins to pull the logon statistics for Exchange Online accounts.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please create a Yammer Uservoice Channel to get feedback from us (users), thanks

Like all other Office365 Workload, please create a Yammer User Voice channel to allow Community Members and Client to suggest some idea and vote of them, it will be more interactive and more transparent than http://www.creatingyammer.com/research/ blackbox.

Moreover it will give you a true feedback (rated/vote/weight) on feature end users and key yammer actors (admin, group admin, stakeholder, community manager, end user) would like to have.

It will help you to drive the product roadmap.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to remove default domain email address added to shared mailbox / user mailbox as alias / Unable to delete email alias

Hi
    some of the reasons microsoft doesn't allows us to remove the alias email address with the default domain.

i created a shared mailbox called finance@secondarydomain.com. when i created that it automatically created an email alias as finance@primarydomain.com by default. Now i tried to create an additional shared mailbox finance@primarydomain.com but cannot do so as the address is used by finance@secondarydomain.com.

When i try to delete the alias from the first mailbox the settings seems to be saved without any error message, but when i reopen the dialog box the alias address still there. when i try to…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sign out screen of O365

Dear Team
    when you sign out from https://login.microsoftonline.com/ we are redirected to the sign out screen I suggest to have an option or bottom to allow to sign in again, it would be easier

Regards

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable static conference ID's per user in Skype for Business Conferencing

There are many situations when our mobile workforce are not at their computer and want to quickly jump on a conference call without a scheduled meeting. There are other situations where it is useful to have the same conference ID from week to week for example for weekly recurring meetings.

Other conference services allow users to be assigned a static conference ID for these purposes. This may be a show stopper feature for us as it is extremely inconvenient to have to set up a conference call with a dynamic ID for every way we use conference calling.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow forms to be shared so that they have more than one owner who can see the responses.

I want to be able to share ownership of a form so that multiple people can see the responses.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. OneDrive Search Results - Allow "Move" and "Delete" from search results - and Click to go to File Location

When searching for a document, if you find it, you can not delete it, open the folder location, or move the document.

If you select the document from the files list and click on Information Icon, you can't see the full path of where the document is stored only the name of the file. You have to physically open the document, then click on information to see the path. Even then... you have to go back to your Files list and navigate all the way through the folders to find the file and then Move it or delete it.

Please…

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base