Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. OneDrive for Business on Linux

OneDrive for Business on Linux
    No OneDrive for Business on Linux aka Dropbox exists. This is a showstopper for many.

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams Channel Conversation order. Sort Latest on Top? LIFO

Nice product but does it not make sense to see the latest message on top? We have a channel that will be used for over a year and have 1000s of messages. We have to sort to bottom to find out the latest status? Same issue with Onenote files. No LIFO Sort option?

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recycle bin search utility

Would really be great to have a search utility in the recycle bin in one drive and office 365 so that don't have to browse through all the pages in the recycle bin to find and restore.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flow: Create a "Wait Until Field Change in Current Item"

Please build a "wait until field change in current item" action into Microsoft Flow. This exists in SharePoint Designer and is extremely necessary for building workflows. The Do Until function does not work well, is not clear or user-friendly at all, and does not have the exact same functionality. Microsoft Flow is supposed to be more user-friendly than SharePoint Designer, but until I get this functionality I will not be able to use it, and my "SuperUsers" will never understand the Do Until action.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moving Office windows lag when using a gaming mouse with high polling rate like 1000

Gaming mice have a high polling rate like 1000. Office 2016 synchronises the mouse events like move, and scroll to the display refresh rate. Having 1000 events per second when the display can only do 60 causes the input buffers to overflow an as a result moving or scrolling within office applications lags and causes them to become unresponsive. Affected programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a Skype for business client for the Xbox One

The XBOX would make for a perfect conference room solution. Why not make a UWP app for Skype for Business and have it work with the XB1 with all the great conferencing capabilities??

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneDrive Search Results - Allow "Move" and "Delete" from search results - and Click to go to File Location

When searching for a document, if you find it, you can not delete it, open the folder location, or move the document.

If you select the document from the files list and click on Information Icon, you can't see the full path of where the document is stored only the name of the file. You have to physically open the document, then click on information to see the path. Even then... you have to go back to your Files list and navigate all the way through the folders to find the file and then Move it or delete it.

Please…

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have App Launcher open apps in New Tab as default, or as an option, for all of my users.

Is there a way to make the default action for the App Launcher (waffle) open the app (mail, contacts, yammer or whatever) in a new tab?

That's one of the biggest complaints I hear from my users, that when they click to go somewhere else they lose their spot.

Yes, I know you can right-click and select to open in new tab. Try and keep telling 500+ people that....

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sharepoint Document Retention Based on "Last Viewed" instead of "Last Modified" Date

We'd like to be able to set Sharepoint Online document retention policies based on date a document was last viewed, as opposed to date last modified.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Exchange Online change default calendar permissions on new users

When mailbox is generating at Exchange Online we need to have the possibility to set default calendar permissions from a template. With on-prem Exchange you can do it via Exchange Scripting Agent.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. proofing toolkit for O365 2016 (click to run)

Make proofing tools available from click to run ODT so we can deploy all or selected proofing kits as part of Office 2016.

MSI version has installer
    Mac OSx have this already included in installation

We need this for click to run on Windows to support our users as international company.
    Install full language packs is not practical as users need to spellcheck for multiple languages in some cases and we do not want everyone on there native language UI.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Shared with Me" Organization in OneDrive

Please allow users to add folders to and organize their "Shared with Me" section of OneDrive.

It would also be nice to allow users to move items from "Shared with Me" into "Files" so they can be organized with the files they have created. I can appreciate the syncing issues this would create, but it would save a lot of unnecessary searching through unorganized documents.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow collaborators on Microsoft Forms

I love the functionality of Microsoft Forms. However, I work on a team and we would like to be able to share the Responses so that we all have the ability to view the automatically created charts. We also would like to share control on the questions being asked. Team work is important and I would love to see Microsoft Forms better support this.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Office 1904 - files on redirected folders wont open when offline

We use redirected folders for users desktops, these are redirected to a server 2012 R2 share. When users are not on the network offline files allows them to open the files on their redirected desktop.

We are using windows 10 1803 and 1809.

If a user has Microsoft office 1904 or later installed when they try to open a file from the desktop when offline they get the message "Sorry, we cant open \\Filename because the server isnt responding" This happens for all office files.

The files are there and can be opened with other programs, e.g a csv file…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Release a solution for synchronizing the SharePoint Online Team Site's document library with NAS devices

I would like to see a release of the ability to synch the sharepoint document library of a team site with a NAS device such as a Synology NAS. Currently Synology has an application called "Cloud Sync" but this only works for OneDrive and not SharePoint. Being able to synch the document library with a NAS will provide seemless collaboration for both users on-premis as well as those working remotely, accross several branches worldwide.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change the ribbon icons back to how they were!

The new ribbon icons are terrible!

They are very low contrast and I'm having trouble working out which is which!

There's very little colour and it's really hard to differentiate between similar icons. I have 'set print area' and 'preview and print' next to each other and there's no difference aside from a thin blue line on set print area.

Please provide the option to change back to the previous icons or the ability to select from high contrast or low contrast.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016

Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016.

It would be a huge usability improvement, if published links at 'Sharepoint Online Admin / User Profiles / My Sites / Publish Links to Office Client Applications' would work with Office 2013/2016. Looks like it's currently working only with Office2010.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please create a Yammer Uservoice Channel to get feedback from us (users), thanks

Like all other Office365 Workload, please create a Yammer User Voice channel to allow Community Members and Client to suggest some idea and vote of them, it will be more interactive and more transparent than http://www.creatingyammer.com/research/ blackbox.

Moreover it will give you a true feedback (rated/vote/weight) on feature end users and key yammer actors (admin, group admin, stakeholder, community manager, end user) would like to have.

It will help you to drive the product roadmap.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

To add pictures and embedded video in Forms (education)

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable static conference ID's per user in Skype for Business Conferencing

There are many situations when our mobile workforce are not at their computer and want to quickly jump on a conference call without a scheduled meeting. There are other situations where it is useful to have the same conference ID from week to week for example for weekly recurring meetings.

Other conference services allow users to be assigned a static conference ID for these purposes. This may be a show stopper feature for us as it is extremely inconvenient to have to set up a conference call with a dynamic ID for every way we use conference calling.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base