Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Gallery

A solution to host a photo gallery similar to 365 video. With hundreds of images taken on a weekly basis on our site a more efficient way to search and share resources. This would allow staff to upload images to a central gallery helping to avoid any duplication.

Instead of having channels like in 365 video, you would have an option to create albums setting security permissions the same as in 365 video. With an option to download the photo or link directly to a document.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we add the ability for phone call or text message reminders to the Bookings application?

Add the ability for the businesses to have automated text messages or phone call reminders set up for appointments that are set up through the bookings application.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow collaborators on Microsoft Forms

I love the functionality of Microsoft Forms. However, I work on a team and we would like to be able to share the Responses so that we all have the ability to view the automatically created charts. We also would like to share control on the questions being asked. Team work is important and I would love to see Microsoft Forms better support this.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office 1904 - files on redirected folders wont open when offline

We use redirected folders for users desktops, these are redirected to a server 2012 R2 share. When users are not on the network offline files allows them to open the files on their redirected desktop.

We are using windows 10 1803 and 1809.

If a user has Microsoft office 1904 or later installed when they try to open a file from the desktop when offline they get the message "Sorry, we cant open \Filename because the server isnt responding" This happens for all office files.

The files are there and can be opened with other programs, e.g a csv file…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow .msg files to be previewed in Windows Explorer when 64-bit Outlook is installed

Currently when someone has 64-bit Outlook installed and they save .msg files into the file system, if they use the preview windows, they get a pop up box "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client".

This is because Explorer cannot preview emails from 64-bit Outlook, only 32-bit. Of course the common answer is to remove 64-bit and install 32-bit, but that is no longer an acceptable answer IMO and I have no intention of doing that. Please fix…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable read receipt in Outlook Mobile

Outlook Mobile automatically sends read receipts, even if you really don't want it sends. I read it's an Active Sync issue, but there is some email mobile client around that disables read receipts.
    Automatic sending of read receipts is absolutely unsuited for business use, Please correct that.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016

Publish Links to Office Client Applications for Office 2013/2016.

It would be a huge usability improvement, if published links at 'Sharepoint Online Admin / User Profiles / My Sites / Publish Links to Office Client Applications' would work with Office 2013/2016. Looks like it's currently working only with Office2010.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide contacts with faxnumber in outlook address book

If you open Outlook address book and search for contacts, you find names with valid email address and such one with a fax number.

I suggest to implement a Feature, that names ( lines) with fax numbers can be hidden in the address list for Outlook, which Primary want to send emails and don't want to send fax. Especially in Office 365, where no fax is connected.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable static conference ID's per user in Skype for Business Conferencing

There are many situations when our mobile workforce are not at their computer and want to quickly jump on a conference call without a scheduled meeting. There are other situations where it is useful to have the same conference ID from week to week for example for weekly recurring meetings.

Other conference services allow users to be assigned a static conference ID for these purposes. This may be a show stopper feature for us as it is extremely inconvenient to have to set up a conference call with a dynamic ID for every way we use conference calling.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Profile Pictures on outbound/external email

Give option to attach Office 365 profile picture so when others view email from the user they see their picture.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please create a Yammer Uservoice Channel to get feedback from us (users), thanks

Like all other Office365 Workload, please create a Yammer User Voice channel to allow Community Members and Client to suggest some idea and vote of them, it will be more interactive and more transparent than http://www.creatingyammer.com/research/ blackbox.

Moreover it will give you a true feedback (rated/vote/weight) on feature end users and key yammer actors (admin, group admin, stakeholder, community manager, end user) would like to have.

It will help you to drive the product roadmap.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Move 'reply' 'reply all' and 'forward' buttons to the LEFT side in Outlook

Please move the 'Reply', 'Reply All', and 'Forward' buttons in Outlook to back to the LEFT side of Outlook instead of the right side. This is not intuitive to users and makes for extra scrolling, adding up over time and negatively impacting productivity. This appears to be part of a recent update on June 3, 2019. All Outlook users would greatly appreciate the change back to the way it was before!

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. disable automatic smiley in Outlook web application

Permit the possibility to disable the automatic smiley in OWA.
    It's very painfull.

This functionnality create many issue with our mail collector for example and it's not proffessional.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add RSS feed function to the new UI

User wants to use the RSS feed function to get URL in the new UI, but there’s no such function. Please add RSS feed function to the new UI. That would be really helpful to users.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delete Attachments from Outlook Web

Users cannot delete attachments from Outlook Web emails.
    (Outlook.Office365.com).

Users want the ability to keep the email, but remove the attachments after viewing so that their mailbox is kept lean.

Some users only access Outlook web and this feature is not available, as it is only available in the client.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Transport Rule to block emails having undisclosed recipients

Currently, there is no method to block incoming emails that have 1) undisclosed recipients, 2) or have empty subject, 3) or when To or CC fields do not contain any target/recipient corporate address, 4) or a predicate that catches an email for a BCC field (probably because BCC isn't visible in an email header) via Transport Rule predicates or Spam Filter protection. Can we have a such a critical functionality in Exchange Online so we don't look for third party spam solutions?

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get-LogonStatistics for Exchange Online

It would be great to allow admins to pull the logon statistics for Exchange Online accounts.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "Tag for Status Change Alerts" feature to Teams

I find the "Tag for Status Change Alerts" feature in Skype for Business to be very useful. I mainly use this to get an alert when someone becomes available so I can pounce on them quickly! Can this be added to Teams?

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to remove default domain email address added to shared mailbox / user mailbox as alias / Unable to delete email alias

Hi
    some of the reasons microsoft doesn't allows us to remove the alias email address with the default domain.

i created a shared mailbox called finance@secondarydomain.com. when i created that it automatically created an email alias as finance@primarydomain.com by default. Now i tried to create an additional shared mailbox finance@primarydomain.com but cannot do so as the address is used by finance@secondarydomain.com.

When i try to delete the alias from the first mailbox the settings seems to be saved without any error message, but when i reopen the dialog box the alias address still there. when i try to…

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base