Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to support Task Lists for modern pages

When creating a task list in SharePoint, the modern list view doesn't appear to support the timeline feature, unless you are in editing mode. Furthermore, if I wanted to show tasks on a modern page, I cannot leverage the out of the box functionality to add that app to a page (think department or project sites). With the classic mode of tasks lists outweighing modern features for tasks lists, can this be added to the roadmap?

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow deletion of folders in the Deleted Items folder of an archive mailbox that are hosted on auto-expanding archives.new idea

Can't delete folders in the Deleted Items folder of an archive mailbox that are hosted on auto-expanding archives.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3210985/can-t-delete-folders-in-the-deleted-items-folder-of-an-archive-mailbox

This behavior is by design and its a horrible idea

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand reporting for Office 365 Planner

Implement an ability to mine the completion statistics for Planner tasks across plans. i.e. the ability to follow 'multiple project plans' an see in aggregate their completion rates and statistics, by user, by plan...

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Project for Mac users

Hello,
    Can you tell me about a logical reason in 2016 we still do not have MS Project on Macbook?
    I am a project manager. This is everyday work. Without MS Project, Macbook is a toy!

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow administrators to set a default time zone for new and migrated exchange users.

Same as title, please allow for domain admins to set the default time zone for Exchange Online users. Many of our new and migrated users are having issues when logging in after an account migration or creation because they may "login" for the first time through an application such as Apple Mail. MS Mail or MS Outlook, which doesn't display the set time zone prompt. This also causes confusion when migrating a user and receiving an error or success message from 3 hours in the future.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SharePoint Online - Document Opening Behavior

At first in our organization documents used to open in Read Only mode but now they are opening in Edit Mode, I want to revert these changes as they should open in Read Only mode or add a feature in Document Library where users can select the default behavior for the documents.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove date grouping in Office 365 webmail

Remove date grouping for the inbox in Office 365 webmail. Previous webmail versions could do this, as well as the client version.

I'm talking about the headers in the inbox, like "Today", "Yesterday", "Last week", etc.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable insertion of QuickParts (document properties) in Excel like in Word

Word allows you to automatically insert the value of document properties using the Insert QuickParts feature. This is not possible with Excel. I have tried using a macro to do this, but that only works to insert a property in the body of the excel worksheet and there are many issues when trying to insert in the header or footer. Also, introducing a macro isn't really the most desirable option. You provide the document properties in Excel, why not provide the same interface that would allow us to use them?

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. user password doesnt sync to O365 if 'User must change password at next logon' enabled

it is a standard practice to enabled the user to change his first time (temporary) password when user logs in first time. But if we created a new user on-premise with this flag enabled, user password doesnt sync to O365 & cannot login to O365. This is a security issue for scenarios where organizations use only cloud hosted applications with an account created on-premise. we need functionality that - O365 able to sync temp password from on-premise and force the user to change if that is never changed or first itme login. this feature works for accounts created in cloud,…

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SharePoint Online Site Usage - allow to increase the number of day setting from 7, to 30 or 90 for 'Most unique viewers' and 'Most viewed'

When in the SharePoint Online Site Usage page the charts allow the user to see the data displayed based on 7, 30, or 90 days based on what the user chooses.

I suggest we allow this same number of day selection for the listed documents for 'Most unique viewers' and 'Most viewed'. That way we can see how the documents are trending for more than just 7 days.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Stream - Member Download Permissions

I would like to have an additional permission, similar to regular group members, that also allows for original file downloads. For example, I would like to assign members the ability to view and download a video, but not delete content or create/delete channels.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cached Exchange Mode - Restore the ability to view more emails in a share inbox while cached

Please return the ability/link to "click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange" on shared inbox's.

While cached exchange mode is on users can only see the set amount of emails = to amount of cache set. Users still have the link to "click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange” on their own inboxes but not on shared inboxes.

reference Article ID: 3140747 - Last Review: Jun 15, 2016 – Revision: 1

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Removing Sudan from the list of restricted countries for Office 365

Dear Sirs,

I wanted to configure office 365 Education for my University - Sudan University of Science and Technology - which resides in Sudan, but I did not find my country - Sudan - listed in the drop-down list "Where's your company located?" on the link below:

https://signup.microsoft.com/Signup?OfferId=03ee83a5-5cb4-4545-aca9-33ead43f222a,d764709a-7763-45ef-a2a8-db5b8b6ae704&DL=ENTERPRISEPREMIUM_FACULTY&ali=1

When I tried to find a solution for the above-mentioned issue through Microsoft Community Support Forums, I have been informed that Sudan is listed as one of the restricted country for Office 365 license subscription and may not be able to use the product. You can check the bellow link regarding the…

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. support shared mailbox access from Outlook Mobile and other native mailboxes

Users should be able to access a shared mailbox via mobile e-mail clients (either native, 3rd party like Boxer or Nine, and from the Outlook Mobile app).

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the insertion of an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote 2016 from the Insert tab/ribbon as the Windows version allows. Teachers need this!

Users (especially teachers) need the option to insert an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote 2016 for MAC OS X. Math, science, and technology teachers who have students collaborating in OneNote Class Notebook especially need this feature for use with students.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. No Way to Access Archived Calendar when using a Mac

There is currently no way for a Mac user to access their Office 365 archived calendar. Outlook for Mac does not support the feature (Outlook for Windows does), and the Office 365 Outlook web portal also does not support this issue.

This seems like a large oversight, archived calendar items should be accessible by any user regardless of OS.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add option to completely disable Intelligent Service in Office

The recent update introduced pop-up suggesting to use Intelligent Services. But it only has Turn On and Not now buttons. Pressing Not now just hides it for some time and it will pop again (as it is said in the document related to this feature). Add an option to completely disable it. Would be great to have a kill switch for this tenant wide.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Document Template URL within Content Type Hub

Content Types created within the Content Type Hub allow for the addition or a Document Template via URL. However, when these are published to alternate Site Collections they will not work due to the URL being Relative to the Site Collection that they are published to. (Confirmed by MS Support Team)

This means that updating a Document Template requires administrators to re-upload the document to the Content Type as opposed to having the changes replicated automatically that would be expected in a properly managed Document Control System.

Please allow URL Templates to work correctly for the Content Type Hub.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)