Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add a switch to the Enable-RemoteMailbox command on Hybrid servers for Remote Shared Mailboxes

Customers with Hybrid server can link the on-prem AD users and rooms to their matching Office 365 mailboxes using the Enable-RemoteMailbox shell command. There is currently no switch to do the same with Shared Mailboxes. Please add a -Shared switch so that this same process can be used to link the remote shared mailboxes.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook - 50 minute meetings

We want to see if it is possible to make a global change (likely in exchange) so that when Rightpoint people book meetings, they are by default booked in 25 minute increments. In other words, the default meeting time would be 25 mins and they could increase it to 50 mins.

The business goal here is to:
    Give people time to get from one meeting to the next by adding “walk time”
    Avoid meeting overruns and therefore allow the next meeting in the same room to start on time
    Challenge people to be more efficient with meeting time

We need…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Google Drive support in iOS Office apps is severely needed

Google Drive support in iOS Office apps is severely needed!

170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide mobile number in contact info.

I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    I want the semi-two-factor auth this provides, but the last thing I need is to have my entire company contacting me for support after hours or for…

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Teams Secondary Ringer

As Teams replaces Skype for Business it is critical that we have the secondary ringer functionality added to the Teams desktop app. Most of our users are using a head set for communication and can't hear the phone ring. Setting PC speaker as default isn't an option as there are numerous websites these days with auto play videos and we don't want other PC sounds constantly playing in the office.

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to turn off all mail recovery options in Exchange for Outlook and OWA

Request an option for Admins to be able to turn off all mail recovery options for all users to a tenant. This includes:

All Recover Deleted Items Features in the Outlook client:
    1. Disable/Hide/Prevent: the "Recover Deleted Items from Folder" button in Outlook client when the deleted items folder is selected.

2. Disable/Hide/Prevent: the "Recover Items recently removed from this folder" button link in each folder displayed in Outlook client

3. Disable/Hide/Prevent: "Restore Selected Items" Feature from Recover Deleted Items Folder

4. Disable/Hide/Prevent: Any access to view the "Recover Deleted Items Folder"

All Recover Deleted Items Features in the Outlook…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give more detail on the TLS and Connector reports that are available in the Security and Compliance Centre

Allow you to drill down and get more detail on the TLS report. For example, which domains are not using TLS, or which domains are only using TLS 1.0.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Admin to use O365 PowerShell with Two Factor

Hi Team,

Please can you add an option to the O365 PowerShell so that Admin users with two factor can use this tool. We MUST maintain security of our environment with Two Factor, however we do need to be able to use the Powershell tool at times. Therefore could you somehow let us use the PowerShell tool with an App Key.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Skype for business client for the Xbox One

The XBOX would make for a perfect conference room solution. Why not make a UWP app for Skype for Business and have it work with the XB1 with all the great conferencing capabilities??

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Content Search WebPart (CSWP) available to all plans

Since the CSWP offers a caching mecanism that increase the performance of search results, I think it should be available to all plans and not only to E3 plans. We can achieve mostly the same results using the "Search result webpart" but this one has no caching. Making the CSWP available to all plans is a win-win for MS and customers as it lowers the server usage (through Caching) and it allows more functionnality to customers.

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable/Disable Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar by Admin User

Currently Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar are able to be set by each users.
    But Admin User also prefers to set instead of users.
    The additional feature that Admin User can set each calendars to enable/disable by Windows PowerShell Cmdlet will be an ideal function.
    In this way, Admin User can set the calendars to several users at once.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to set expiration dates on accounts as you can in active directory

In AD an account can have an expiration date which essentially flips the "BlockCredential" bit at a future time.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Onedrive For Business Administration

Please allow greater administrative control over Onedrive for Business. Some things that would help are:

Allow admins the option to prevent creation of subsites.

Add reporting/auditing for site/subsite creation.

Add greater control of sharing. Currently for Onedrive we can only turn off external sharing for the entire tenant. It would be nice to have greater control over sharing. For instance, some users should be able to share externally while others can only share internally. Or possibly, create sharing policies where users can be restricted to only sharing with members of certain groups that are defined by admins.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Stream Playlists

Allow creation of playlists in Microsoft stream. This should be able to be controlled by admins to create training series', etc., or by users for custom playlists of their favorite videos.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dynamic email address or "plussed" email addresses

I have a developer who would like to create a "plussed" email address. For example , he had a address called something like dev@outlook.com. He could create dynamic email address dev+Newuser@outlook.com or dev+technicalsupport@outlook.com without creating aliases for the new name. It was all dynamic. We would like to be able to do this for our Office365 email domains.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. OneDrive for Business restore full recycle bin functionality

At the moment one could restore only up to 200 items at once and it is real pain to restore ODfB fully if user has deleted all files and folders for example. And there is no PowerShell cmdlet to restore OneDrive files too, at the moment one can use PowerShell only to restore SharePoint Online sites from recycler.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share PowerApps with Office 365 Groups

Office 365 Groups (aka: "unified-groups") are becoming the "standard" share target in Office 365. You can share SharePoint content (files, list items, etc.) with an O365 Group. You can share Microsoft Stream content with an O365 Group. You can share a Flow with an O365 Group. You CANNOT, however, share a PowerApp with an O365 Group. This is a huge issue and greatly complicates our job of "selling" PowerApps as a solution.

For example, we've successfully convinced a LOT of our client groups that an O365 Group is a better solution than "just" a SharePoint site (most of these had…

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. proofing toolkit for O365 2016 (click to run)

Make proofing tools available from click to run ODT so we can deploy all or selected proofing kits as part of Office 2016.

MSI version has installer
    Mac OSx have this already included in installation

We need this for click to run on Windows to support our users as international company.
    Install full language packs is not practical as users need to spellcheck for multiple languages in some cases and we do not want everyone on there native language UI.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Alias functionality of "hotmail" to Office 365; i.e. being able to select "sent from" account

Please add to Office 365 webapp and google play app the ability to select in the "sent from" field either the primary email address or any of the associated alias with the account.

Right now, when adding Alias, you can not do this in Office 365 webapp or google play app. This is however available in the "hotmail" outlook webapp and works flawlessly.

I.E. (in outlook non-office 365 or "hotmail" webapp)
    - When in an "alias" folder, it defaults to the "sent from" of the Alias when replying to incoming alias email.

- When in the primary email address folder,…

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow collaborators on Microsoft Forms

I love the functionality of Microsoft Forms. However, I work on a team and we would like to be able to share the Responses so that we all have the ability to view the automatically created charts. We also would like to share control on the questions being asked. Team work is important and I would love to see Microsoft Forms better support this.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base