Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Eliminate "top results" in Outlook searches

I recommend eliminating top results, or at least making it an option. Most often, when I search for something, I need to see the sequence of emails and having some set off as "top results" defeats this. Additionally, I'm hard pressed to understand just what qualifies something as a "top result" when using one or two key words.

270 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow autoreply to respond every time.

Please allow for auto reply to reply to every message.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linux support

I will in the future use both Linux and Windows pc at work. The lack of real linuxsupport is a problem. Please support LInux in onedrive/sharepoint.
    Hopefully also a office 365 package for linux would help

268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For Word create a "Basename only" field option for the FileName Field

Desired functionality:

* Open a blank document in MS Word.
    * Save it as "MyTempReport.docx"
    * MS Word menu > Insert [tab] > Text [group] > Quick Parts > Field ...
    * From "Field Names" choose "FileName".
    * In the Field Options area there should be an additional checkbox described as something like `File basename only (without ".docx" file extension )`.
    * With the option selected the resulting field will be "MyTempReport".

Motivation: In MS Word you sometimes want to insert a FileName field in the header or footer but make it independent of the fact that the document source…

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add @mention function in comments in all online office documents

In Google docs etc, you can add a comment (just like office 365) but you can @mention. We use it a lot for collaboration and we are trying to migrate to Office 365. This missing feature, while not a show stopper, is causing some groups real pain.

266 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow PowerBI.com to Connect Directly to Azure Data Lake Storage across Azure Directories

Currently a Power BI desktop work can be created with a data source of Azure Data Lake store when provided with any URL and login details. This connector is still in preview, but works fine. If the workbook is then published to Power BI.com the data source credentials are lost and connectivity to ADL is only possible if the storage is part of the same Azure subscription as directory that Office 365/Power BI is connected to.

In reality we need the data source to be generic and for PowerBi.com and be able to authenticate across Azure AD directories.

Please!

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make change of country in the organisation possible

We have great trouble as we have "Poland" as our country in our organisation-profile and the VAT of our partner-companya in poland, and we can´t change that to "Germany" and to our VAT-No.
    This should be possible what we see. A company could move to another country and so it should be possible to change a country and VAT for future (!) invoices.
    Support tells me that the only actual way is to setup a new organization with our country, buy (!) the same stuff that we already have, backup anything localy in the old organization (wow, this means the…

264 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization

It would be really convenient if I could allow external users to edit the calendar of people that is published and shared in the internet in another organization. A user is the president of two organizations. One organization uses O365 but another organization doesn’t, and I would give this particular user (who is in the company that doesn’t use O365) a permission to access and edit the calendar published and shared in the internet.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow enterprises to automatically configure OneDrive for Business upon first time login

Currently, OneDrive for business can be automated to a point where adminstrators can launch OneDrive Setup but the user still has to key in their email address to set it up. This makes it harder to ensure folder redirection for every user works. If we could allow the first time setup to be automated, Orgaisations can ask users to restart their workstation once to confirm folder redirection will take place.

262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preference to turn off notifications to alternate email address

We need a feature to be able to turn off certain notifications to our alternate email address in Office 365.

As Office 365 administrators, we are require an alternate email address that is not part of your Office 365 tenant. In most cases that would be your personal email address that is not provided by your work. This makes sense for password resets if administrators forget their password to log into the tenant.

Along with password resets, we also receive Office 365 statements, changes to tenant subscriptions and other notifications. These should have an option to turn off since all…

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a recurring out of office

I would like to have an Out of Office set up to turn on and off on every Friday to allow for flexible schedules.

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync & Save Outlook Signatures on the Exchange Server

Email Signatures are still saved and stored on a local machine and are different for each client. This requires the user to setup their signature separately on each of their devices. Signatures are one of the last custom settings that do not save back to the Exchange server. For example :Custom Rules, Custom Categories, Auto-Complete Contacts, etc. all save back to the exchange server. It seems like the next logical step to save signatures on the exchange server as well. In addition to not having to setup a signature every time a device is upgrade, this would also allow users…

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable Visio 2013 and Project 2013 in Office 2016

Enable use of Visio and Project with 365 and Office 2016. Office 2016 deletes Project and Visio even though we've paid for the software. There is no easy way to roll back either. This should be a no brainer.

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide access to the online archive on mobile devices (i.e. iPhone, Android)

The online archive doesn't show up on mobile phones at all regardless of the way you try to access it. Not displayed in the native email phone app, Outlook app, OWA for iPhone app, Safari browser, Chrome browser, etc.
    Please add this functionality to mobile devices.

250 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On the calendar I would love it if we could set appointments as cancelled in addition to busy, tentative, etc.

I am a big fan of the Office calendar but currently if a meeting or appointment gets cancelled I end up deleting it from my calendar. I would love it if there was a way to set appointments as cancelled in the "Show As" section but keep it on my calendar with a on/off toggle for my recorders.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unify or Aggregate ALL Tasks

Using several Microsoft services (Outlook, OneNote, Planner, Project, Dynamics CRM ++).. Tasks are a huge mess. One creates tasks here, there and everywhere but what is severely lacking is ONE unified view/application to aggregate all the tasks you have created no matter which (Microsoft) service you have created them in. No "Add to Outook", the task is just there. Please bring this feature to f.ex Wunderlist. Also add possibility to add several user identities into the aggregated view.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. disposable

Office 365 (and on-prem Exchange) needs the ability to have "disposable" or "instant" email address aliases, like GMail has.

This is where you can specify an arbitrary "tag" in your email address after your normal alias. So if you have "john.smith@example.com" then you can use "john.smith+gamestop@example.com" and "john.smith+amazon@example.com" to let you give a different address to GameStop and Amazon, which makes it easier to filter their emails, as well as protecting your mailbox from untrusted spammers (especially if you add a fake top-level alias and block all email to that alias).

GMail has supported…

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Read Receipts in Teams

Allow tracking of whether the members of your team have viewed a message that you have posted in Teams, similar to Facebook Messenger/WhatsApp.

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable DropBox integration on OneDrive for Business and Office Online

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a admin option to disable the prompts for DropBox integration. We encourage staff to use OneDrive for business as a Cloud storage solution, but the DropBox prompts will confuse staff into thinking we also support this as a method of storing their work.

From a data compliance point of view and a support point of view we do not want to be in a position of encouraging the use of storage outside of Office365.

Kind Regards,

Matt

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create search folders (e.g. large mail, flagged, etc) in OWA

Implement search folders in OWA (Outlook Web App) to find "Large mail" and "Flagged" messages across *all* folders.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base