Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Import Outlook.com to Gmail, Outlook.com, Yandex, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail

Easy Import Outlook.com Mail to Gmail Account

Convert Outlook.com Mail to Yahoo
    Add Outlook.com Mail to Gmail
    Import Outlook.com Mail to Yandex
    Export Outlook.com Mail to Another AOL Account
    Transfer Outlook.com Mail to Outlook.com, Hotmail

https://www.kmttech.com/webmail-converter/outlook.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom backround illustration photo on the O365 login page

Branding.......O365 used to support (prior to 4/17/17) a custom background illustration for the O365 login page. It used to work and now only works with SSO apps. Apparently it was removed by design. BUT THIS WAS A GREAT FEATURE!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we have a OOB app for users to create site collections in o365 tenant

Can we have a OOB app for users to create site collections in o365 tenant

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow to send mail with alias

There is a workaround. I'm in contact with an microsoft supporter. He says ... there is a official supportet way, but we where not able to set it up properly yet. It is to create a distribution group, and make then thousand things ...

But, it seems to be a problem, because of the displayed name, which must be different. So if my name is Henry Smith, I have to be Henry Smith1 and Henry Smith2. So what ....?

Why you are not allowing, simply to send mail in the name of an alias? Setup the user, create the new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to scale my documents in Publisher

Some documents are larger than my printer size. I wold like to print the entire page in reduced size rather than only be able to print in Tiles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update the published limits for SharePoint Online Modern Picture Libraries

Update the published limits for SharePoint Online Modern Picture Libraries so we know what the size limitations for Thumbnails being generated is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Out of Office Settings to respond only to those in Address Book Is very limited with external saved contacts. Is there a setting possible t

Out of Office Settings to respond only to those in Address Book Is very limited with external saved contacts. Is there a setting possible that we can extend it to known domains, e.g. abc.com . While there may be 5 people from CC in my address book, an email coming from anyone from their domain should get the out of office response!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to temporarily hide/remove/park/suppress an email from inbox and for it to return after a period of time

This is a bit kooky but might suit people who work similarly to myself.

I like to keep a clean inbox but sometimes there are mails that take too long to action right away.

I don't want to think to much while I'm processing (I get a lot of email):
    - If I file them I may not give it sufficient attention in time
    - I dont want emails with flags on them clogging up my inbox and I don't look at [for follow up] or task list often enough for many issues. Inbox is where I pay all my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add feature in Office 365 Word so can have different headers and footers on the same page

I am formatting a book manuscript. Word 2016 allows one to enter a different header and footer on the same page. Office 365 does not, according to one of your Chat experts. It would be very helpful to authors who use Word to create/format their own books to have the same function in Office 365. Seems a very simple thing to do, considering book publishers have been able to do this with other software for generations! Thanks very much. EM: perry62550@hotmail.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. change monthly verification

It's called Microsoft 365. Isn't it ironic that you have to verify your subscription monthly?

Is there a way to change this? It is extremely frustrating when travelling in areas with no cell phone reception as this suite of packages is rendered COMPLETELY useless!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MS PUBLISHER - TUTORIAL

i have no idea how to start and would certainly benefit from a tutorial.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer SAML2.0 configuration for Microsoft ADFS server

Offer instructions on how to connect internal ADFS server to Microsoft Online using SAML2.0 instead of Federated login.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. rename a PC an azureAD joined PC is not reflected on the devices tab

I installed a new PC with Windows 10 Pro and joined it to AzureAD (Office 365). The machine was names DESKTOP-ABCD and joined perfectly. I hate those names so decided to rename the PC to WORKSTATION-XXXX. This rename is not reflected in the AzureAD portal on the Devices tab. Please make it possible to rename PC's and have it reflected in AzureAD
    P.S. I could not find an AzureAD uservoice that why I post it in the Office 365 group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restrictive and convoluted Licensing / Distribution Model

I would never recommend Office 365 to a business. The licensing model is junk, and ends up with unrecoverable licenses tied to ex-employee personal email addresses. Not being able to run 64-bit with 32-bit is still an issue, but even worse, is not being able to install a click-to-run application on a volume license application on the same box. Trying to get a refund for incompatible/unusable software is nearly impossible from 3rd party vendors, so we've burned thousands of dollars merely discovering these licensing issues.

These unfortunate architectural decisions have wasted weeks of our time and thousands of dollars just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Co-authoring limits with 3rd party cloud solutions should mimic Office 365 limits

Co-authoring with Office Online and solutions like Box.com are limited. File size for Excel is 5MB max. You are limited to the number of simultaneous co-authors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update the time indicating line in outlook calender, even if the calendar window is not active

Outlook calendar shows a time indication (by a line in the calendar). This time indication is not updated, if the the window of Outlook calendar is not not in focus. When activating the window, the time indication line is updated again (..jumps to the current time).

If the update is not possible, I would like to de-activate this time indicating line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot give a user the multiple users’ Calendar Permissions at one time in Exchange Online

I would like to give a user the permissions for multiple users’ or all the tenant users’ Calendars at one time when setting the Calendar Permissions in Exchange Online in order to reduce the time to work on it.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow user created links (bookmarks) to be accessed right in 365 header

A button right in the universal office 365 header that stores any links that a user specifies. It could go further to be a fully developed bookmark manager that can be shared etc. but the main point is to have access to the links in any 365 app or site that utilizes the header.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like to be able to use Outlook for Mac exclusively, as I have lots of issues with Mac mail. However, I use the Share option all the time

I email quite often a picture or file from Preview or Photos on my Mac. But I'm not able to share using Outlook. It only allows me to use Mac Mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. my name a jeff

waeaseae

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base