Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to remove all attachments from users email but retain the thread

I would like, preferably via the EAC, to be able to globally remove all the attachments in a users email, but retain the email trail they were attached to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide a mechanism in Skype for Business to allow external users to utilize the call ID to join a screen sharing session. GTM has this.

Trying to get GTM users to move to Skype for Business and one of their principal issues is having to wait for an emailed URL to reach the party they want to do an impromptu meeting with -- for doing support with our customers. GTM provides a integer or ID that can be verbally passed to the other party and entered on a webpage to hook the two parties together to screen share. Hoping Skype for Business will allow similar in the future so I can sway my users to move to Skype for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide office applications that are compatible with different OS systems

Please provide enhanced compatibility between Office for Mac and Office for Windows.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make ODT available for O365 2016

My primary job is OS and App deployment via CM12. This means that I need the ability to proof out things like O365 versions and the related processes for getting the data to my users. Having ODT working would really be quite helpful even for preview versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. De-Duplication of Data and Monitoring

It would be really Enterprise quality if the Office 365 Cloud offered file management services across all platforms for Potential de-duplication of data and monitoring of files like .pst files that corporations may not want their employees saving.

Basically, provide a top end 1st class data management and monitoring tool that works across SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer, Etc...

This tool could Identify the same data that is located in many places across the Office 365 cloud storage services. Administrators could then remove duplicated data or perhaps create links where necessary to a single location for the data.

The Tool should easily…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a “share to Yammer/Teams” button in Outlook

Add “share to Yammer/Teams” button in Outlook that auto-populates Yammer/Teams distribution lists

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lync Web App Connection Messages

The Lync Web App connecting to a Skype for Business meeting frequently displays a message that "server connection has been lost", followed immediately by "server connection has been restored". It can get distracting. I would like to have a higher threshold (5 - 10 sec., configurable?) before it notifies me. A small online/offline icon could work too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable Custom Actions in "Document Set" Content Item Menu

It was possible to create custom actions in "Document Set" from SharePoint Designer to manually start workflows. It is not possible anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Outlook for MAC address book and contacts to be managed.

Currently on a MAC you cannot access contacts when sending a mail and if for some weird Microsoft reason your contacts aren't in your outlook address book you can't just send you have to search all contacts and select them and send from there. It also means they do not appear on your iPhone either. What is needed is a way of managing contacts properly on a MAC as there is on Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to specify their PIN for conferencing in Skype for Business

Allow users to specify their PIN for conferencing in Skype for Business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rearrange the phone number fields

Please rearrange the phone number fields so that they show Business, Cell, Fax, Business 2. Or make a layout option in settings that is geared to businesses. If you went into settings you could choose Business or Personal. Then some fields are in a permanent more business friendly arrangement. But if you are using it for personal use some of the business fields just don't appear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How to convert MBOX to PST

MBOX to PST has the embedded advaced feature and fuctionality to save and move the Mbox email items to PST, MSG, EML, or Office 365. This software has rich GUI and self-descriptive features, which triggers the Mbox to Office 365 Migration without involving any errors or bugs. Furthermore, it has got advanced email preview facility that fine-tunes the management of retrieved Mbox email items that are enlisted in the hierarchical structure.
    Software Features:
    • Simple & Reliable Email Migration Tool
    • Easily converts mailboxes of Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Spicebird, Entourage etc. to Outlook PST file
    • Converts all mailbox items…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. .

Find a way to keep us bumblers from hitting the wrong key and dumping ourselves out of a chat session

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Publish the public information about the maximum number of calendars that users can add to the left pane in Outlook client

I would like you to publish the public information about the maximum number of calendars which users can add to the left pane in Outlook client.

Currently, we have to explain the information to our end users based on our experience, because there is no public information about this. Therefore, we cannot convince the end users to understand it without the public information.

It would be great if there is a clear public information about this so that we could easily explain to the end users.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unable to export to .pdf in Project 2016

Found a bug when trying to export a project to a .pdf. The application becomes unresponsive and you have to force close it. A work around, which is not ideal, is to select file > save as > and then change the file type to a PDF.

Please look into this, thanks!

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Save-a-project-file-as-PDF-3bde1717-2788-44a1-9a27-fa9630eb7f7b

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enhance notes

Notes has been left behind:
    1. Notes cannot contain anything except plaintext
    2. In OWA 2013, notes doesn't even have an app and, instead, is only accessible via the "Notes" folder in Mail
    3. In OWA 2013, notes doesn't even have its own unique interface and, instead, uses the Mail interface
    4. Notes created on another devices and initially opened in Outlook are opened in an extremely crude, 135 x 66 window in the very upper left-hand corner of the screen which is easy to miss.

Enhance notes!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. make office 365 more similar to outlook to end complexity issues for users and support. rules, templates, sent item locations same on both

it should be more seamless when i switch from outlook to office 365, they should work together better

rules should be the same on both, and remove the limitation of 64kb - that is so 1979
    templates should function similarly for emails on both
    saving sent items should be specified similarly in both

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. position of "flag" icon is to close to "x" - delete icon

Please add some option which allows user to choose position of "flag" on email. In outlook 2016 this icon is just next to "X" which deletes the message, so user often ends with deleting the message instead of flag it as an important one! It happens to me regulary and this is unacceptable and stongly user unfriendly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Skype for Business IM auto-responds with a user's Outlook out of office message

As a client communicating with a vendor (federated organization), I have limited visibility of my vendor's presence statuses. I do not see the purple "out of office" when my vendor is on PTO.

It would be incredibly helpful if, when I IM'd a person outside of my organization that had Outlook set up with an out of office message, that it auto-respond with that message in IM as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base