Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix SharePoint 2013 Workflows that don't run on lists with unique permissions

If a user has Read access at the site-level and Contribute or above access at the list-level, for a list with unique permissions, then they still cannot initiate SharePoint 2013 workflows. The workflow will stall with a permission error.
    The problem is that the user also needs at least Contribute permissions to the relevant Workflow History and Workflow Task lists. These two lists typically inherit permissions from the site.
    However, to allow users to run SP 2013 Workflows on a list with unique permissions, you must also create unique permissions on the workflow history and tasks lists, and make sure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook on the web (Progressive Web App) offline feature

Progressive Web App for Outlook on the Web is out. Really liked it so far. I was surprised that offline feature is not available for new App.
    Is it on the roadmap? Any ETA? This feature will make a large O365 community very happy, I can tell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enhance Conditions in Content Searchi n the Security and Compliance Center

Provide additional more granular Conditions to Content Search and eDiscovery in the Security and Compliance Center. Quite often, we need to retrieve emails, for example, that are specifically between two people – i.e. they are the only people to in the From: and To: fields. Currently, searches will return all emails where the people are mentioned anywhere in From:, To:, CC:, and Bcc: fields. This then needs further (usually tortuous) manual searching in the exported PST files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Request Outlook for Android shows location for contacts as outlook for iOS do.

Request Outlook for Android shows location for contacts as outlook for iOS do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unable to saveExcel files using slash symbol "/" on MAc device. After upgrading office 2016 16.13 (180422).

Unable to save Excel files using slash symbol "/" on MAc device. After upgrading office 2016 16.13 (180422). On every mac device happening same thing on every Mac device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Onedrive, Sharpoint: Preview option in documents version history

It would be helpful in Onedrive and Sharepoint to have in the version history of a document the "Preview" option.
    Nowadays only appears the "Open document" option. We have to open the document to see if is it the version document that we are looking for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Complain Microsoft company

I used this system more than 10 years since it named officelive, later it changed to office 365. The main purpose I use it is I add my HTML programs to the webpage document. Then I get web address like

https://jhuang22.sharepoint.com/Documents/1gonature.aspx

the 1gonature.aspx is the file I created which is in document, it acted as main program and will call other aspx file I created in document. Public can see my web by visit my main program.

I do not know office 365 change the system to make the web page only can see by Microsoft members. I still keep…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feedback portal

After over 20 minutes to disable focus/other on my email -- a control freak idea that I didn't get a choice about as it just showed up one day without my knowledge or consent (#metoo for software) I had to talk to a supervisor at the call center who tried to CONVINCE me that I had asked for this feature. NO WAY NEVER NUH UH! The whole experience underlines the bottom line poor socialization of men in tech worldwide. Poor social skills are no excuse. Social skills are learned. Just like coding. SO LEARN SOME PROPER SOCIAL SKILLS AND QUIT…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 2016 and 2019 should have black theme.

Office 2016 doesn't have a black theme. It should have it just like Office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. provide youtube tutorials for beginners on all Microsoft office 365 uses so it will be more user friendly

I am surprised there isn't more user friendly tutorials for the uses of Microsoft Office 365.

A very obvious notice should be an audio visual, like youtube, to make Microsoft Office 365 MUCH easier and quicker to master.

Microsoft Office 365 would then be greater used and ENJOYED. You just cant beat audio visual teaching methods!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an "icon maker" feature to Publisher.

Publisher is used to create different kinds of publications, documents and visual displays. It should have a feature that assists in making icons according to specs necessary for .ico files. Simple suggestion that would be a big help and allow the intellectual property I create belong to me. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More accurate message when restoring previous version in SharePoint

When restoring a previous version of a document in SharePoint, if the latest version is checked-out, it will replace the current version.
    If you try to restore when the latest version is checked-in, SharePoint will create a new version.

In both cases, SharePoint display the same warning message: “You are about to replace the current version with the selected version” Some users feel that this message doesn't accurately describe the second scenario above. They suggest that a different message should be display to reflect that SharePoint is creating a new version with content taken from a previous version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I can only purchase 10 GB of service a month - very rural America. I need to know how many GB installing takes.

If the buyer knew how much data installation would take, her or she could plan ahead and if necessary go to a public library, etc. to complete the download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base