Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Continue Updates for Office 365 - 2013

Office 2016 is not compatible with exchange 2007 (which is in our case part of Windows SBS 2008R2, so updating exchange means buying new server).
    So we continue to use Office 2013.
    While extended support for Office 2013 (msi-install) ends in 2023 we now found out, that the support for Office 2013 (click to run) ended in Feb 2017.
    Can you please continue to provide updates to EVERY Office 2013-User?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the system that an inquiry reply email arrives only at the specified email address via modern support.

Currently, I am aware of that the email address which is not specified recieves an inquiry reply email not only as specified email address. For security protection, I hope the system will be improved enables reaching email only for the specified address via modern support. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the DKIM setup "CNAME missing" instruction

In trying to Enable DKIM signing for a client's custom domain (O365 inicial domain MyClientsName.ONMICROSOFT.COM, O365 custom domain MyClientsDomain.SUBORG.TLD), with the requisite DNS entries created (a CNAME in MyClientsDomain.SUBORG.TLD selector1._domainkey.MyClientsDomain.SUBORG.TLD pointing to the DKIM TXT entry selector1-MyClientsDomain-SUBORG-TLD._domainkey.MyClientsName.ONMICROSFT.COM), the Enable option under DKIM in the Exchange Admin console gives a rather company, and I think incorrect, error, claiming that two CNAMEs need to be created, showing selector1-MyClientsDomain-SUBORG-TLD._domainkey.MyClientsName.ONMICROSOFT.COM.
    This was wrong for two reasons:
    1. they already existed (as TXT, automatically created by Microsoft, as they should be)
    2. it's misleading: Saying "you need to create two CNAMEs 'X' and 'Y'" without…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to be able to selected each folder and its contents to be viewed offline similar to Evernote

It would be great to be able to select each folder and its contents to be viewed offline similar to Evernote
    My tablet has tons of space and the offline vewing is great for my business as we don't always have 4g or wifi

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Forms: Option to Block Own Access to Survey Results

I understand that the feature I am looking in for Forms doesn't exist. The issue is this:

I would like to be able to send out a survey and have respondents provide responses, but restrict my access to viewing the results before a given day that I would select before sending out the survey. For example, for a Form sent to students to evaluate a teacher, I would like students to be able to submit responses, but only allow the teacher to view these responses after the final grades have been submitted (for ethical reasons). We can always send out…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the feature to view which devices all the users have Office ProPlus installed on

I would like you to add the feature to view which devices all the users have Office ProPlus installed on at one time. Currently, you can view and manage which devices a user has Office apps installed on. But, it does not have the feature to view and manage any devices on which all the users have Office apps installed at one time. I have already requested this feature a few times, but the situation remains the same. So please deal with it as soon as possible. Thank you.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make it possible to print a set of information items in the Team application's wiki. For example, if I collect a project fact sheet, it woul

For example, if I collect a project fact sheet in the wiki, it would like to be able to share it in pdf-format, and collect several items of info. Actually what I would like to do is to have a solution which will allow us to have eg. a HR Handbook compiled of pieces in a modular fashion into the latest version of the HR Handbook. In some countries only a printed (and signed) version would be valid so you could compile it with the latest instructions. Rather than having to maintain info both in a Team in Teams or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. have me change the library setting when accessing to [Setting of rated value in column].

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :
    サイト自体には "閲覧" 権限を付与し、ドキュメント ライブラリには "フルコントロール" 権限を付与したユーザーが、ライブラリの設定より [列の規定値の設定] にアクセスした際に設定を変更できるようにしてほしい。
    ■内容: 
    現在サイト自体には "閲覧" 権限を付与し、ドキュメント ライブラリには "フルコントロール" 権限を付与したユーザーが、ライブラリの設定より [列の規定値の設定] にアクセスした際に "アクセス拒否" と表示され設定を変更できません。
    ユーザーには必要最低限の権限のみ付与したいので、サイト自体に "編集" 以上の権限を付与する対処策以外で要望の動作を実現できるようにしてほしい。
    -----
    Due to the ”Deny access”, I am currently unable to change the "Setting of rated value in column" in case the user with "Viewed" right within a site is given the right of "Full control" within a document library and gets accessed its setting. Therefore, I hope that I will be able to modify the setting except with the method to give the right beyond the ”edit” within a site to user…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the Archive mailbox unlimitted soonest for Singapore Region.This affecting the primary mailbox getting full and affecs the email flow.

Make the Archive mailbox as unlimited soonest for Singapore Region.This affecting the primary mailbox getting full and affects the email flow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offer OneDrive at rest encryption also for 365 personal plans

After I subscribed to 365 Personal I was shocked to read that files on OneDrive (personal) are NOT encrypted at rest on the MS servers. I didn't even check that before because GDrive and Dropbox do this as standard for all kinds of plans since years.

Being very angry about this fact (but kind of forced to use 365 personal as I need my ..@outlook.com mail address instead using a business domain) I additionally subscribed to a OneDrive business plan.

Now I'm using this in parallel to a OneDrive personal foto auto upload (which is so sad that OneDrive business…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. copy - paste excel online > format and formulas

When I copy-paste a table / sheet /data ... from one Excel to another, it doesn't maintain the format, nor formulas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow O365 Admin to manage shared with me view of users in the Organization. Currently this view is blank for Admin.

Manage shared with me view of users in the Organization. This option is blank when O365 Admin goes to users personal documents, selects shared with me view and it returns blank.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Outlook contact photos consistent show across PC, Office 365 and Android

I cannot get my Outlook 16 photos to show consistently in my PC, Office 365 account and Android. Some photos migrate, some do not, some photos seem to disappear, others do not. Not matter what I do, I cannot keep most contact photos to appear in all three accounts. Worst of all seem to be Office 365 which seem to display on the photos "it likes!"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. outlook send to onenote

In the 1809 (Build 10827.20150 Click-To-Run) Outlook version the "Send to OneNote" option is not present any longer via either the drop-down menu or in the ribbon bar. You can add it back to the quick launch bar however, it is grayed out and does not work. Please add this functionality back into the app to allow export from Outlook to OneNote (Desktop App) as it was very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. office 365 outlook is limited, outlook 2011 has better and more options in display of emails.

In my outlook 2011, i have two accounts displayed by accounted in the order i want and ascedning to show the latest email at the top. in outlook 2016 it is limited as when you put these choices it displays the accounts the other way around , with the oldest email displayed at the top. i should have the option of choosing how my emails should be displayed to my own way. not be limited by one way given by outlook 2016.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Azure Active Directory Self-service Password Reset (SSPR) a part of core functionality

I don't understand why Azure AD requires a premium upgrade to get SSPR functionality when Windows 10 and most other O/S have it as part of their core functionality. The cost of SSPR ends up being a barrier to implementing strong access policies that have a negative impact of generating most of the calls to the help desk, i.e. "I forgot my password".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please remove password reset option for external users in admin portal page

When we send out invitations to access our SPO environment to external users from our tenant, there is an entry that shows up in our 'active users' group for our tenant.

This 'user' entry includes a lengthy username string that can not be logged into, by default.

if the external user, with their own MS Live account, has a password problem and they call us for help with logging into their Live account and our service desk uses our admin portal to reset their password on their external user account it does NOTHING to their real Live account AND makes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide Root cause for Email delays due Office 365 servers

There is a email delay of 16 minutes between the servers

HK2PR0199MB0641.apcprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com  KL1PR01MB1221.apcprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com

on Jun 19 - SGT time evening.

But your Office 365 Support team replied that we cannot provide Root cause analysis and closed the case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Personal Notes in ICONS

Hello, I would like to add a note in folders or documents that I can see when I
    place the cursor over the Icon. Nowadays we can see data like Type, size and date modified of document.
    I think would be very helpful to add our own notes in this section. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base