Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Implementation of an config element to check logs periodically for the Office Deployment Tool

I would like you to add an additional element as a Logging element which could check logs periodically (i.e. on a weekly basis) for the Office Deployment Tool configuration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to Quarantine the mobile device/mobile devices if the users are members of a particular DL or group.

Need to Quarantine the mobile device/mobile devices if the users are members of a particular DL or group. Also the notification should be received by the Admin to allow it or block it. As many times it is not possible to give all users the Intune License due to license crunch. So it seems fair to get this kind of option in Exchange Admin Center of Office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to add a "Special Distribution Group" for external email addresses WITHOUT THE NEED TO ADD THEM to contacts first

Be able to add a "Special Distribution Group" for external email addresses WITHOUT THE NEED TO ADD THEM to contacts first

This distribution group should be easy to use like the local distribution group in Outlook.

The owner of this special distribution group should be able to add new external members from a CSV format or pasting it from a notepad.

Also, the external addresses shouldn't be visible to Global Address Book

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Free download office com setup Full version

office com setup Laden Sie das Office-Setup mit Produktschlüssel herunter. Gehen Sie auf office. Com/setup und klicken Sie darauf, um das MS Office Setup zu installieren. Für mehr Informationen: https://setup-office.com.de/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prioritize Sharepoint Online search results

In Sharepoint Online, when I enter a search term I should be able to prioritize the results that have the term in their file name. As it stands, if I search my libraries for "business plan", I get 50 results before I get the file that has "business plan" in it's file name. Per support, I am currently unable to prioritize the results based on the file name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. office 365 on Windows 10

How do I sort emails in folders permanently even for other sub folders. In outlook 2016 for Windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. resolve the search function bug in Outlook for MacOS after Mohave upgrade

search function in outlook doesn't work after MacOS upgrade. Microsoft engineers have known of this bug since at least November 2018. There are no updates and it still does not work correctly. Indexing no longer works reliably.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Search-doesn-t-work-in-Outlook-for-Mac-after-MacOS-upgrade-b73de6f1-aeb9-4720-bbbe-de65ab50012e

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow fields to be used in text boxes in word

Using a reference manager like Zotero requires fields to be inserted, which is currently not supported in text boxes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. need to get active user last-logon-time via portal, not powershell

active and inactive mailbox report, cannot find active user details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On task flags, change "No Date" and "Custom" colors to not match "Today"

In Outlook and OneNote, the flag color for items due today and on a custom date are both red, making them indistinguishable. Red should be reserved for items due today or overdue. Some other color should be used for "Custom" and "No Date" (which is red in Outlook mail but buff in OneNote). Without this change, the task feature is less usable, since I cannot tell at a glance if I need to get a task done quickly or not for a custom date in the future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When installing for the first time, Office asks you to sign in, you have to click twice in the text field to enter your email address.

When installing Office apps for the first time, Office asks you to sign in when you open an app for the first time, i noticed that you have to click twice in the text field to enter your email address instead of just once. I work in the IT field and install Office all the time, i've noticed this every single time I install Office. We mostly work with Business Premium if that helps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delivery delay for email

Allow delay delivery in Outlook to start at a custom time rather than 5:00pm in office 365. I work on a lot of emails late in the night and would rather they be sent in the morning at 8:00 am so recipients are not disturbed while sleeping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement the new insert row or column feature in word to the rest of office

The feature which was brought out in word a few months ago where you can hover at the side or above the table and click the plus to add a new column or row respectively is really useful and I like it. Can this feature please be applied to Outlook and OneNote (where I also use tables) and probably other Office programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Create New folder" button in Share/Upload interface for iOS.

I am using iOS and often when I decide to upload a PDF document I have acessed I often need to create a new folder. Instead I have to cancel the upload go back to the OneDrive app - create the new folder - then go back to Safari - hit share and upload to the newly created folder. Way to cumbersome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SharePoint Online Self-Lock Issue Resolution (Google Chrome)

Self-Lock Issue happened always especially in Google Chrome when we are opening the document in Word Online, Excel Online and PowerPoint Online. Please help on this matter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to change From address of OneDrive/Sharepoint notification emails

To reduce chance of phishing incorrect MS address want to see if we can change the From Addresses to match the internal email address we use for notifications related to IT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Excel Onedrive runtime error

Here is a link to a post I created on stack overflow that summarizes my issue. Office support gave me a temporary solution to turn off automatic updates and revert to the version that was working.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48674710/attachments-add-wont-work-on-the-file-that-is-open-and-running-the-code

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PLANNER

PODER FILTRAS LAS ESTADÍSTICAS POR FECHAS PARA PODER TENER ESTADÍSTICAS RECIENTES Y NO TODO LO REALIZADO HASTA EL MOMENTO.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Online Email Archive

Online Email archive should have a Advanced search in O365 like locally installed Outlook a simple search will not do for emails that are archived in O365 Outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base