Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PDF Email Addresses Extractor

PDF Email addresses extractor tool to perfectly export email addresses into text and excel format. It's one most powerful software which can also scans phone numbers from pdf. Visit us more details about software : https://www.kmttech.com/pdf-email-and-phone-number-extractor.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the waiting periods for datacentre migrations

It's absolutely insane to expect customers to have to wait an indeterminate amount of time to have their Office 365/Outlook data centre moved to their home country.

Why not automatically have this happen as standard when a new region opens up that's closer to the end users location

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update documentation to state that Transport Rules cannot be exported from Exchange 2010 then imported into Exchange Online

Update documentation to state that Transport Rules cannot be exported from Exchange 2010 then imported to Exchange Online.

The format of Transport rule export has changed between Exchange 2010 & Exchange 2013/2016.

Exchange Online will not accept the exported transport rules from Exchange 2010 and I was unable to find any documentation that stated this to be the case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Preview URL's in Team conversations

When pasting url's to conversations, specially document links, The url looks ugly, a preview of the document should be displayed. Youtube, Vimeo etc should also render the video iframe instead of the URL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recreate the entire Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word) from scratch

While the concept and purpose of Microsoft Office are noble, they fail miserably in execution. I propose recreating Microsoft Office - particularly and at least Microsoft Word - from scratch.

Some background about me: I am a mathematician with extensive use of the excellent typesetting system LaTeX. However, the engineering company I work for requires the use of Microsoft Word for creating official documentation to deliver to our clients.

The amount of issues my colleagues and I encounter on a daily basis of using Microsoft Word continuously astounds me. From tables turning themselves into images, to uncooperative footers and headers,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Calendar online view next seven days option (like desktop version)

I like the option to view the next seven days in the Outlook desktop client. Would be great to have this option in the online version of Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Collaboration Notices

Sharing via Office365 is wonderful. Notifications would make collaboration even more effective. When I share a document (project list, for example) with one of my employees it would be so helpful if all contributors would receive notification of changes to the document. When my staff or I update a document, a notification on my phone and computer would let me know to see the update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. O365 sharepoint online site collection

When i go to site settings>site permissions> and go to any group then there is no button to go back to site permissions and the view is changed
    if i want to go again at site permisions (as many options for groups are not available there) i have to go again on site settings and the site permissions.

kindly redisgn or add the same buttons so we do not need have to go back and we can do the necessary work at the same page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. increase skype group limit.

when i add group in skype it not allowed more than 10 groups. need to improve.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Getting help of Office 365 issues

Getting technical assistance through chat or phone on issues that go beyond "how to turn on the computer" or "how to save a file" etc, is nigh on impossible. Office 365 for Excel (and Word) is so full of glitches but it is impossible to find anyone at Microsoft which can discuss these issues and help to resolve them. Posting on this site lets off a bit of steam but I really if ever see any Microsoft intervention or participation in discussions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. fix "all users" address list

"All users" address list in outlook shows rooms and shared mailbox also. told by support that it is by design. but think it is a design flaw as there is a separate list for room so why should rooms show up as users?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OST to PST Converter

With an OST to PST Converter software, one can easily move all OST file to PST file without facing any issues. Kernel for OST to PST Converter is such an effective and secure software, which can not only convert OST to PST file,but also recover deleted or inaccessible Outlook mailbox items fro healthy as well as corrupted OST file. For more information, visit: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/how-to/2-best-methods-for-ost2pst-conversion.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include "+" Or "++" File Names Not open

Teams App in IOS/Android,Our share files name include "+" or "++", it is don't open it.
    I think it is very serious BUG.
    After a month, not repaired!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Office Applications are activated but are not showing on Office Install

Office Applications are activated but are not showing on Office Install in the portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add a feature to MS Word that suggests different forms of the word.

When I use word and writing something important, I often spend time shuffling around the words in sentences often using different related forms. There are times I do not know whether some forms are legitimate words. If you could put in a feature like you already have for synonyms that would suggest different and close versions of the same word e.g. congruent, congruence, congruently..etc., it would definitely aid with that process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Replace the standard field labelled "IM address" in an Outlook contact card with Skype Name

What's the ongoing need for the "IM address" field in Outlook? Hasn't Microsoft migrated IM function to Skype and, if that's right, why not have a Skype name field instead. Ideally integrated such that a Skype can be intitiated from within contacts.
    Fields for common social media platforms (Twitter, Disquus etc) might not hurt either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Content View Report Not Getting generated

In SharePoint sites, there is feature to get the log reports for the site.

One report 'Content View' is not getting generated as logs are not generated for it by design.

So, this report should get generated as it is beneficial for confidential sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base