Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Office 365 migrated user are not able to access onprem Archive mailboxes. allow this feature

We have migrated few users from onprem to o365, when they were onprem they will able to access primary and archive mailbox of delegated users but after migration they can only able to access onprem users primary mailbox. archive mailbox is invisible for O365 mailboxes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to sort SharePoint Sites !

Please allow sharepoint sites to be sorted,

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add app launcher (tile icon) to web-based Teams interface

As a technology trainer and general user, it's fantastic that the Teams app is identical on PC and Mac. The browser is also identical (except for video, granted), but users in the browser expect the app launcher tile to be present in the upper left-hand corner like all other 365 apps. Yes, adding it to the view would make it inconsistent with the desktop apps, but that's the case for every one of the other apps with a desktop version. Also, the consistent navigation focus is key for users working in the browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need a way to restore Team without an owner

I had a Team Site and the owner of the group left the company. Their team actively used the site but they did not know the group was going to expire as only the owners get the e-mail. The site was deleted. As the admin I clicked the e-mail link to restore the group/team. However, after opening a ticket with Microsoft, it was determined that the team could only be restored by the owner of the team at the time of deletion. There was not an owner at the time of deletion so this restore can not be completed. There…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ADSYNC Filter Functionality

Difficult to describe with few words and not sure about the forum is right or if it should be Azure instead.
    When using ADSYNC you have the possibility to use filter on OUs to only enable ADSYNC of objects/users within the selected OUs i found the following issue:
    Users moved to the OUs that should be synced to AAD have a not valid HASH value synced to AAD. This is by design / limitation of ADSYNC tool.
    Please enable in ADSYNC tool, that when a user is moved to OUs is having all valid values synced to AAD.

More information…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Azure Sync Dirsync much more intuitive and easily fixable when lost sync

I shouldnt have to call a MS tech and spend 2 hours on the phone fixing it. Where is the wizard?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use all available space for captions instead of truncating them

I would like to give meaningful (sometimes rather long) captions to my photos but OneDrive truncates them even though there is plenty of space forcing my friends to open the info pane to see the caption in full. This unnecessary truncation looks just silly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Holiday Calendar should default as per time zone select or location and Include all Festival celebrated in Country and States

Holiday Calendar should default as per time zone select in Outlook Client or Web Outlook or location and Include all Festival celebrated in Country and States

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Location specific Meeting Rooms (Glasgow > Meeting Room 1)

Hi guys,
    I double checked this wasn't currently a feature via Microsoft support.

Most companies have more than one office location. So when booking meetings it would be useful to have the ability to chose a location, and then chose from a filtered list of the meeting rooms within that selected location. If the calendars had this additional subcatgory when booking it would reduce the need for multiple calendars per location and could drastically simplify things for Receptionists. Much of the time they really don't need a separate calendar, per room, this can be excessive and over complicate a simple…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow a directional control in data groups used for Power Apps

Power Apps allows for business and non-business data groups. This would be far more useful if you could set a directional indicator and allow a 3rd type off group like "one way". For example I have no objections to users being able to pull IN Facebook, Twitter, GMAIL etc, but I don't want to allow information to these non-business type applications to flow OUT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change default message in Sign In page

Can we have the ability to change the default sign-in message on the landing page? This is default message above the box to input account email. My is currently read - "Sign in with your work or school account". This does not relate to my business at all. The message can be more generic as "Sign in with your account".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. auto publish of Group contacts for Skype for Business online users from the backend. Please create this feature it will be usefull.

auto publish of Group contacts for Skype for Business online users from the backend. Please create this feature it will be usefull

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook version 1802 build 9029.2167 breaks free busy when creating appointments, had to roll back to 1801Version 1801 (Build 9001.2171)

I also had to disable updates in Outlook to prevent it from re-downloading.

Please address this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop separate windows for everything in 365 Admin Console

Stop separate windows for everything in 365 Admin Console! Every time I click on a new task a new window opens. Even for simple admin tasks like setting permissions on mailboxes many browser windows open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. don't delete or move old emails with out permission of the user

Old, but important emails have been deleted or moved with out permission of the user, this is gets increasingly frustrating when trying to find references or good memories

in emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding a feature to distinguish the owner of an event in the Calendar on Outlook on the web

I would like to have a feature to automatically show an icon or give color to the character in the calendar item that belongs to the specific user in order to distinguish the owner of each item easily when viewing the Calendar by month on Outlook on the web. It is hard to distinguish the owner unless viewing the detail page of those items because they are squeezed into one box when the calendar has multiple events on the same day, and all those events are shown with the same color. It would be really convenient if I could distinguish…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Microsoft license use with Microsoft account e.g. online office with functions equals to license

I want to use my office home & student 2016 version with my microsoft account as online office version and i think it would be a good idea if the user can use his license in his microsoft account in the online version of the microsoft online products in the microsoft account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a text-to-columns function that recognizes Capitalization and Numbers vs Alphabet

Currently the text-to-column delimiters are limited to tab, semicolon, comma, space, or an "other" delimiter as the user can define by entering characters. An additional option to delimit based on a difference in capitalization or transition from letters to numbers would be exceedingly helpful. Many of our reports come to us with what would be 3-4 columns of info squeezed into one cell, and often it's a categorization abbreviation then numbers, but since the width varies there is no consistent way to delimit these, unless Excel could recognize a transition from letters to numbers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to Unlock a RAR file Password

Download Stella best RAR password recovery software that really active and effective solution for Recover RAR file password as well as it also breaks password protection from RAR archive file. This software deeply reset lost RAR file password and open alphabetical + numeric + symbolic and special character password of RAR file.

Read more:-https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-rar-password.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base