Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. in outlook online there isn't DEFINITLY DELETE in Outlook Rules. Please add it!!

in outlook online there isn't DEFINITLY DELETE in Outlook Rules. Please add it!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a real-time way to report on encrypted emails

The email encryption report that is available here: Admin> Security and Compliance> Reports> Dashboard> Encryption report
    Does not include information for the current day and there is no other way to retrieve this information. Please add a way (powershell??) to view real-time encryption information so that it is possible to verify if an email was encrypted or not without having to wait for the report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Year as well as week/month in Planner schedule view

Ability to view your Planner/Plan in the Schedule View but annual, not just weekly or monthly view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Administrator of company O365 to make connection to other email account for user

If user have another email address on other domain it should be allowed for administrator O365 to make that connection for user, and notify user to enter password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop removing features that people rely on

For instance, I can't stop the grouping by today, yesterday, last week on Outlook 365 OWA. This is infuriating. Another that just makes me even more infuriated is the ability to drag an email into the calendar on the task/todo panel. Yet another is the ability to make that todo panel have 3 calendars instead of one. What exactly are you all doing to test this because if you're not using people in a real workplace setting you are failing your customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide validation of domain chosen for initial tenancy in onmicrosoft.com

MS allows anyone to choose any domain name not previously chosen on first-come first-serve basis. This creates domain highjacking situations that are very frustrating for the users and companies that have registered domain names they want to reuse. ICANN has put necessary steps in place and so should MS. When a name is not available MS will not assist due to privacy concerns which leaves the legitimate entity owning a domainname no other recourses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increase the character limitation for the support ticket text box in Office 365 Admin Center

I would request that the support ticket text box in Office 365 Admin Center to have more space to enter characters. It has the character limitation up to 1000. However, it’s easy for us to exceed its limit when entering URLs, and it’s difficult to include every information. Attachments can be used to include more texts instead, but I want you to mitigate this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the PC version the same as the mobile versions

Make the PC application interface the same as mobile apps. I cannot setup multiple gmail/g suite accounts properly with the PC version of the app. I want to be able to view multiple accounts in a single foucsed inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include a "keep source formatting & aspect" ratio button in Powerpoint so 16:9 and 4:3 presentations can run in 1 slide deck

Currently showing several presentations in a meeting you have to either keep the presentations separate or change the aspect ratio, Keeping seperate involves a mouse click on a hyperlink & changing the aspect ratio risks circles becoming ovals and hidden items on a slide becoming unhidden amongst other traits.
    In a conference I need one continuous deck and unfortunately I can reccomend slides are made as 16:9 but have no control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Word custom Ribbon not loading by Automation since Update 1901

Since Update 1901 (Build 11231.20130), a word-custom-Ribbon is not loading in Word, when Word was started by automation.

It does not load, when
    a) Word was launched by via automation (CreateObject), or
    b) Word was launched by the Previewhandler of the Windows Explorer.

The ribbon appears, if Word was launched from the startup shortcut, Desktop shortcut or Run -> Winword .

Diese Dotm-Datei enthält nicht nur ein Ribbon, sondern auch Tastaturkürzel (keymap).

But although the icons are not loaded, the keymap is always. the short-keys defined in the keymap in the dotm-file still work.

Please have a look at this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. @all should work for groups with more than 10000 members too.

Dear Mr Shankar Raut,

Respectfully submitted through Praful Kamble Sir, Office 365 Team.

I quote you verbatim :

“ Another issue was with sending emails to more than 10000 recipients in a day.

As per the below mentioned article we can only send up to 10000 recipients a day and that is a limitation and its by design.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

Sir,

I am Andrews George Koyappa and have created AKLC – Andrews Koyappa Learning Centre Group in Outlook ( Office 365 Group) which currently has around 79000 members and is poised to cross 1 lakh members by the end of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop charging customers after subscription are cancelled

Cancelled 365 3 months ago and still getting charged for it. Also won't refund what is owed to me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Language translation for SharePoint site columns (bug?) + "Custom columns" duplication in multiple languages

Hi,

We have been experiencing some wierd issues when manualy/via site deign creating site column in a SharePoint online site (no matter the template) as described bellow:
    All sites at the creation point have all languages selected as per default behavoir.

Site created with EN as default language
    Batch test for column created in EN, with site default language EN
    Browser language EN
    Action on column create with name "created in EN"
    Displayed name after creation "created in EN"

Browser language FR
    Action on column verify
    Displayed name after creation "created in EN"

Browser language NL
    Action on column verify …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do not change permissions in the calendar in Outlook on the web when running Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet

I would like not to change permissions in the calendar in Outlook on the web when running Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet with BookInPolicy or AllBookInPolicy parameter to control the usage of meeting invites. When I run this cmdlet, LimitedDetails permission is unintentionally added to users and mail enabled security groups if permissions of the users and groups have already been set by BookInPolicy parameter. Therefore, it would be great if permissions in the calendar are not affected by the setting of BookInPolicy parameter.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Replace the green writing with another color that is easier to read.

Replace the green writing with another color that is easier to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Outlook 365. Option to turn off the letter icon in the taskbar for new mail in Inbox-Other

I would like an option to turn off the letter icon in the taskbar signaling new mail that shows up in the Inbox-Other. I only want to be notified when there is Focused new mail. The Other is similar to Clutter in the earlier days. I can view it at my leisure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Compression/loss of quality when copying image from Word to clipboard

I have a Word document with images. When I copy (Ctrl+C) an image and paste (Ctrl+V) it back in to Word, it is the same quality. If I copy and paste it into MS Paint or another non-Office program, the quality is reduced. There appears to be a problem with either Office 2016 (1808 10730.20102) or Windows 10. If I choose right-click "Save as Picture..." the image is saved at original quality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base