Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. PowerShell MFA for CSP Delegated Admin Privileges

Currently the PowerShell module that supports MFA does not support CSP Delegated Admin Privileges. Considering the scope and power of a DAP account this is a pretty wicked security hole.

436 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SMTP Relay via Office 365 - Keep copy in Sent Items

When using SMTP relay from on premise software or device, Office 365 does not keep a copy of the email in the Sent Items folder - if the from address is a valid/licensed internal mailbox or shared mailbox (e.g. quotes@... / orders@...)

This feature is available from competitors (e.g. Google)

When using an internal system to send emails e.g. quotes, orders etc, it is essentail to keep a copy in the sent items folder for CRM purposes!

The only alternative is to BCC the email to an internal mailbox and this adds a lot of email management and frustration for…

420 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide a version of Office 365 for Ubuntu/Linux!

Up to know it is not possible to use Office 365 on Ubuntu but more and more students are using Ubuntu on their computers. So especially for university contracts and also in general would it be great to have the possibility to use Office 365 on Ubuntu.

407 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow multiple telephone numbers to be assigned to one user in Skype for Business and PSTN calling

Allow multiple telephone numbers to be assigned to one user in Skype for Business and PSTN calling

407 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. teams picture

disable user ability to change the user picture from teams. Currently we use AD to add user pictures and use an OWA Mailboc policy to prohibit users from changing them.
    Now with Teams they can change the picture and this then flows across all O365 services against company policy.
    Please create an option to disable picture changing within Teams.

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User Profile Mobile Phone Number

I'm surprised this is still a thing, but if you populate the mobile phone attribute for users in AD, you apparently can (though not in my experience) get said attribute to sync to your Azure AD profile. However, it DOES NOT sync to your SharePoint online/Delve profiles.

This is a fairly annoying thing that's been on people's radar for about 3 years, apparently. I found a powershell script that is supposed to get around the issue, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Having that attribute be one of the ones that syncs from Azure AD profiles would…

396 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook is not syncing and giving a "Need password" message

I have several users that over the last 1-2 months increasingly have experienced that their Outlook wont sync. All of them then experience as message in the bottom of the Outlook screen that says "Need password", but if you click it, you just get a quick blink of a white screen, and then it disappears.

While the issue is present for the users, it is not possible for them to create a new Outlook profile, as it wouldn't connect to the mailbox. I had luck with just rebooting my own computer, that fixed the issue for me, but only until…

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow endusers to access quarantine for shared mailboxes

Currently, only admins can view the quarantine for shared mailboxes. Users are automatically redirected to their own quarantine. I'd love for there to be a default for users who are delegates of a mailbox to have a way to get to the shared mailbox quarantine queue. If they are allowed to view the inbox/folders they should be allowed to control the spam.

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add calendar/timeline view of tasks to Planner product

We need a calendared or timeline based view of assigned tasks to support our use of the planner product as a publication planning tool.

378 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase message per minute limit

The 30 message per minute limit causes problems for software that needs to send out to many users. Now that we've migrated to Exchange Online our payroll system can no longer send out payslips because of this feature. Very limiting and a very low limit. It should at least be able to be configured to allow accounts to be exempted or have different limits.

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. enable outlook 2016 to look like outlook 2010

Loads of us love the look and feel of Outlook 2007/2010.. Make a theme for outlook 2016 that looks the same! We want a desktop application look not a look that makes us think we are on a phone/tablet.

372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Highlighted content web part -> Add custom columns in the view

the higlighted content web part within a modern page does not allow showing other columns than Title, modified and Modified by.
    This is not handsome, e.g. if showing upcoming events (stored in a sharepoint List), the most important informations are not shown (e.g. Starttime , Location ...)

For more Info, please refer to the following discussion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10/events-within-modern-page/599d8c33-360a-43ec-9543-d7c236a11f13

364 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow tagging of OneDrive documents

It would be helpful to tag/organize documents in OneDrive.

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the ability to disable "Request to reset user's password" email notifications.

Please allow companies to disable the "Request to reset user's password" notification's if password resets are disabled in Office 365. We have internal processes in place for employee password resets and our Office 365 administrators are not typically involved.

The best solution would be a custom message that companies could display to employees who attempt to reset their passwords in O365 - this way the employee would be notified about the correct reset process.

358 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow multiple devices to be configured for mobile app MFA verification

Request to allow multiple devices to be registered to use the Microsoft Authenticator app.

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support mobile app: Add support for PowerApps forms

Currently PowerApps forms for SharePoint not showing in SharePoint Mobile App. Because of it, in 2018, SharePoint is still not mobile friendly.

Yes, OOB SharePoint forms show up, but they are completely static and extremely limited in functionality. We really need PowerApps to be displayed in the SharePoint Mobile app.

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More ‘Smooth’ Effects

Video creation using powerpoint is quite good, but still is not as good as after effect of other video editor. Very unfortunate because it’s only less than a fraction of a second. We’ll be very happy if the smooth timing can be improved so we can create HQ video just rely on powerpoint.

340 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office365 group calendar - turn off edit notification

Hi,

When I add new event to group calendar I can turn off option: "Send an invitation to the group". But I can't turn it off, when I'm editing my event.

I would like to set default group setting to not posting notifications about group calendar events.
    It also would be nice, if I could just unmark this option while editing.

Sincerly,
    Piotr

340 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding Powerpoint Video Timeline

We All know that right now powerpoint has widely use for video making, but there is a difficulty to sync voice with video or to add effect on exact time. My suggestion is, this surely easier if Microsoft add ‘timeline’ feature just like majority of video editor so it would be easier for us to configure audio and video effect for better result

334 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Co-Authoring in Office Desktop w/ 3rd Party Storage (Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc)

Currently, to co-author a document via the desktop version of office the files must be stored in OneDrive/Sharepoint. Please enable the desktop version of office to support co-authoring when their document is stored and opened on third party storage providers (such as Egnyte/Box/Dropbox/etc).

331 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base