Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the way of Initials

The initials show automatically based on the Display name. for example if my name is John Smith, my initials will be JS.

If My display name is Smith, John (which is my last name, first name) my Initials shows as SJ

The Initials are usually First character of the first name and the first character of the last name. regardless of my display name, my initials should be the same

So I suggest to have the Initials created based on the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields not on the "Display Name" field

1,504 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    77 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to edit their personal info

Under Office 365 settings > Personal info, only admins can change their own details.

I understand this is restricted to prevent abuse. However, organizations should be given the freedom to choose whether or not to lift this restriction. I suggest an additional option/rule under Exchange's user roles.

Please also add the field "Title" to the Personal info section if it's not the currently displayed "Occupation".

1,179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    82 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. teams picture

disable user ability to change the user picture from teams. Currently we use AD to add user pictures and use an OWA Mailboc policy to prohibit users from changing them.
    Now with Teams they can change the picture and this then flows across all O365 services against company policy.
    Please create an option to disable picture changing within Teams.

1,033 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use of Drop down list within Office Forms

Can we have the option of a drop down menu within Office Forms. This is available within Google Forms and is a very nice feature.

1,017 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User Profile Mobile Phone Number

I'm surprised this is still a thing, but if you populate the mobile phone attribute for users in AD, you apparently can (though not in my experience) get said attribute to sync to your Azure AD profile. However, it DOES NOT sync to your SharePoint online/Delve profiles.

This is a fairly annoying thing that's been on people's radar for about 3 years, apparently. I found a powershell script that is supposed to get around the issue, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Having that attribute be one of the ones that syncs from Azure AD profiles would…

541 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password manager as Office 365 app!

I think that some passwords management like as 1password or LastPass should be included as own Microsoft app in Office 365.

All companies thinking about giving access for their services out of Office 365 world (don't live in bubble please :D, excel is not right way for everything) to employers.

I think that solution from Microsoft in one "eco-system" should be the best!

Do you think about it please?

395 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Punjabi is desperately needed as a translation language in Immersive Reader and Translator

Punjabi is desperately needed as a translation language in Immersive Reader and Translator

347 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable reports to view the usage of Visio Pro.

I would like to see if users who have a visio Pro license are actually using this license. There is no option at the moment. This would be very welcome in the report area.

311 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reset or clear autocomplete cache globally for OWA

In a larger organization 300+ users, we find that the autocomplete cache over time gets filled with contacts that are infrequently used yet sometimes staff end of sending internal emails to these contacts that should have been sent to an internal contact instead.

Would like ability to reset/clear the autocomplete cache for OWA or to disable it for certain users or all users.

298 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow enterprises to automatically configure OneDrive for Business upon first time login

Currently, OneDrive for business can be automated to a point where adminstrators can launch OneDrive Setup but the user still has to key in their email address to set it up. This makes it harder to ensure folder redirection for every user works. If we could allow the first time setup to be automated, Orgaisations can ask users to restart their workstation once to confirm folder redirection will take place.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. enable filters for Sharepoint Recycle bin

Enable filters for the Recycle Bin view which allow selection of date range and user. This would greatly help in recovery of large amounts of inadvertently deleted data which a particular user has done (such as by "cleaning up" local folders which were actually synced.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add teamchanneluser to empty teamchannel

It is not possible to add a user to a empty teamchannel, so the channel is lost if you delete the owner. Why its not possible as ADMIN to setup a new owner? Without this possibility datalost is incoming....

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete Attachments from Outlook Web

Users cannot delete attachments from Outlook Web emails.
    (Outlook.Office365.com).

Users want the ability to keep the email, but remove the attachments after viewing so that their mailbox is kept lean.

Some users only access Outlook web and this feature is not available, as it is only available in the client.

206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to set expiration dates on accounts as you can in active directory

In AD an account can have an expiration date which essentially flips the "BlockCredential" bit at a future time.

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Recycle bin search utility

Would really be great to have a search utility in the recycle bin in one drive and office 365 so that don't have to browse through all the pages in the recycle bin to find and restore.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure AD Groups with more than 50,000 Users

Hello O365 Team

Is it possible to increase the Azure AD group membership limits to more than 50,000 Users. We have scenarios were we would like to have groups with well over 100,000. For example could the limit be increased to support 500,000 to 1,000,000.

We opened a case with MS Support and they mentioned the following:

Unfortunately there is no way we can currently add more than 50k users to a group and as informed Nesting is the only available workaround. We at Microsoft are not aware of any Powershell scripts available to increase the limit as we do…

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Camera uploads on business account

We have 5 business accounts and the only thing stopping us from getting rid of Dropbox and only using Microsoft OneDrive for our cloud storage is that we do not have camera uploads function for business. We use our business phones to take pictures of our inventory on a daily basis and need the photos uploaded to the cloud so we can email to customers. Please enable camera uploads for business accounts. Thank you.

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Partners to convert users to shared mailboxes

Currently, only Global Administrators can convert a user account to a shared mailbox. This makes it difficult for Partners with admin rights to do what they need to do in a timely manner.
    I recommend allowing global permissions for Partners to be able to make these changes, as it seems like a massive oversight.

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft/ Office Support on Twitter

I hope the support can reply all the user soon.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. printing directly from SharePoint online / Please add a print button to the ribbon

We cannot PRINT pictures directly from SharePoint Online.
    The only option is to download and save the file and then open and print it. This takes to much effort to print a picture.

We would like to print directly from SharePoint.

Please add a print button to the ribbon containing sharing/download/remove/copy.?

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base