Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Use of Drop down list within Office Forms

Can we have the option of a drop down menu within Office Forms. This is available within Google Forms and is a very nice feature.

736 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      59 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The ability to pick your own colour of the initials in the user pic in outlook web app

The Initials that have replaced the silhouette as the User pic in outlook 365 web app are good but it would be nice to be able to pick you own colour choice.

548 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        56 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow users to edit their personal info

Under Office 365 settings > Personal info, only admins can change their own details.

I understand this is restricted to prevent abuse. However, organizations should be given the freedom to choose whether or not to lift this restriction. I suggest an additional option/rule under Exchange's user roles.

Please also add the field "Title" to the Personal info section if it's not the currently displayed "Occupation".

474 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          32 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add the ability to disable "Request to reset user's password" email notifications.

Please allow companies to disable the "Request to reset user's password" notification's if password resets are disabled in Office 365. We have internal processes in place for employee password resets and our Office 365 administrators are not typically involved.

The best solution would be a custom message that companies could display to employees who attempt to reset their passwords in O365 - this way the employee would be notified about the correct reset process.

329 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • User Profile Mobile Phone Number

I'm surprised this is still a thing, but if you populate the mobile phone attribute for users in AD, you apparently can (though not in my experience) get said attribute to sync to your Azure AD profile. However, it DOES NOT sync to your SharePoint online/Delve profiles.

This is a fairly annoying thing that's been on people's radar for about 3 years, apparently. I found a powershell script that is supposed to get around the issue, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

Having that attribute be one of the ones that syncs from Azure AD profiles would…

312 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              18 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Enable Externally Visible Skype for Business Profile Pictures

In SfB on premises you have the ability to set "EnablePresencePhotoOptions" to true under New-CsClientPolicyEntry.

This then allows you enable users with the ability to specify a URL for a profile picture in the SfB client.

In SfB online, you're unable to run New-CsClientPolicyEntry, and/or can't enable EnablePresencePhotoOptions.

A a result you cannot specify a publicly accessible image URL for profile pictures and meetings with user external to your Office 365 will be presented with the default blue avatar picture.

248 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • allow enterprises to automatically configure OneDrive for Business upon first time login

Currently, OneDrive for business can be automated to a point where adminstrators can launch OneDrive Setup but the user still has to key in their email address to set it up. This makes it harder to ensure folder redirection for every user works. If we could allow the first time setup to be automated, Orgaisations can ask users to restart their workstation once to confirm folder redirection will take place.

248 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  12 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • teams picture

disable user ability to change the user picture from teams. Currently we use AD to add user pictures and use an OWA Mailboc policy to prohibit users from changing them.
                  Now with Teams they can change the picture and this then flows across all O365 services against company policy.
                  Please create an option to disable picture changing within Teams.

248 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow more than 500 Folders in a shared cached Mailbox

As of now, Outlook can not synch / cache Mailboxes that are shared to an other Outlook User, if the Mailbox has more than 500 Folders. This Limitation should be increased.
                    In my case the Mailbox of the CEO has more than 500 Subfolders, because he Files a lot in his structure, like CEO's of Financial Companies used to do. He has to assistants and since we migrated all Mailboxes to Office 365, the Assistants can not access his Mailbox in Cached Mode. This is important for the Assistants!
                    It is described here:
                    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115602
                    But it worked before on an…

243 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      14 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Make possible to rename categories on a shared mailbox or Resource Mailbox

Make possible to rename categories on a shared mailbox or Resource Mailbox

236 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        21 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Camera uploads on business account

We have 5 business accounts and the only thing stopping us from getting rid of Dropbox and only using Microsoft OneDrive for our cloud storage is that we do not have camera uploads function for business. We use our business phones to take pictures of our inventory on a daily basis and need the photos uploaded to the cloud so we can email to customers. Please enable camera uploads for business accounts. Thank you.

184 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Password manager as Office 365 app!

I think that some passwords management like as 1password or LastPass should be included as own Microsoft app in Office 365.

All companies thinking about giving access for their services out of Office 365 world (don't live in bubble please :D, excel is not right way for everything) to employers.

I think that solution from Microsoft in one "eco-system" should be the best!

Do you think about it please?

180 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow Partners to convert users to shared mailboxes

Currently, only Global Administrators can convert a user account to a shared mailbox. This makes it difficult for Partners with admin rights to do what they need to do in a timely manner.
                            I recommend allowing global permissions for Partners to be able to make these changes, as it seems like a massive oversight.

170 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • allow contact list sharing in OWA

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

153 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Provide access to the online archive on mobile devices (i.e. iPhone, Android)

The online archive doesn't show up on mobile phones at all regardless of the way you try to access it. Not displayed in the native email phone app, Outlook app, OWA for iPhone app, Safari browser, Chrome browser, etc.
                                Please add this functionality to mobile devices.

137 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Unable to remove default domain email address added to shared mailbox / user mailbox as alias / Unable to delete email alias

Hi
                                  some of the reasons microsoft doesn't allows us to remove the alias email address with the default domain.

i created a shared mailbox called finance@secondarydomain.com. when i created that it automatically created an email alias as finance@primarydomain.com by default. Now i tried to create an additional shared mailbox finance@primarydomain.com but cannot do so as the address is used by finance@secondarydomain.com.

When i try to delete the alias from the first mailbox the settings seems to be saved without any error message, but when i reopen the dialog box the alias address still there. when i try to…

129 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    12 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Change the way of Initials

The initials show automatically based on the Display name. for example if my name is John Smith, my initials will be JS.

If My display name is Smith, John (which is my last name, first name) my Initials shows as SJ

The Initials are usually First character of the first name and the first character of the last name. regardless of my display name, my initials should be the same

So I suggest to have the Initials created based on the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields not on the "Display Name" field

128 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Be able to set expiration dates on accounts as you can in active directory

In AD an account can have an expiration date which essentially flips the "BlockCredential" bit at a future time.

120 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        4 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Change Initials

Do you think it would be asking too much for my name not to be displayed as "BJ" which is a euphemism for oral sex performed on a male? Please, and thank you.

118 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • 117 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base