Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Global Email signatures across platforms

When using 365 business it would be great if i could add a unique signature to each user from my admin control panel. that would automatically download to the users platforms such as iPhone, Windows Phone, Outlook office 2013, or Outlook online.
A signature which can have hyperlinked images, whilst being individual to each user (for their name and direct line)

997 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis Bustamante commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add and implemented this feature is necessary since individually any user can modify the signature indicated by the organization and the behavior by rules is uncomfortable for the end user since this person has his signature perception until he sends an email

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the disclaimer and it works well, but this is not the ideal solution as having it at the end of the newly created email body of course it best.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Global email signatures would be fantastic! What a pain to have to set up a signature in Outlook 2016, OWA, Windows 10 Mail app, Outlook for iOS and Android.

I understand this this is not an insignificant task, but Is this being worked on?

• Joseph Edemeroh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope Office365 can get this feature added/implemented where one global email signature can be applied across a tenant platform (for all email accounts). This is beginning to be a more pressing request for Office365 global admins when managing users. I work with an MSP with multiple clients requesting this feature to be applied across their users.

• KarenT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this there are a lot of issues with it. You can add one in under exchange/rules and post in some HTML code but its not very user friendly.

We have added it in with links to social media, it works but when you are writing the email the signature doesn't appear.

It only shows to user receiving it, so you don't know if its worked.

It adds it at the end of the email under all responses!

It adds to all emails you can't choose to not include!

It only shows in plain text on the phone.

You can only add in links etc in HTML there should be a text editor option.

All in all not easy to set up or very user friendly. MS should be helping companies get their Brand Across all devices not making it more difficult! Come on MS please change this asap and ensure the phone devices are supported and its easier to manage/has more options as to where the signature is placed/shows.

There are lots of separate threads for this, shows the need for it!

• Jim Nasium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The answer to use Mail Flow Rules as it currently exists is a poor answer for most business usage. Every business email I have sent or received includes the user's email signature block as part of the message body at the end of their message. Mail Flow Rules can only include a signature block at the very bottom of the entire message thread...which is likely to never be seen by the recipient, and therefore a mostly useless implementation. If Office 365/Exchange Online had the ability to configure a global email signature format that gets included at the bottom of the "latest" message, like the 3rd party solution here: http://www.codetwo.com/email-signatures/?sts=3955 that would be the proper solution for this feature request.

• Emal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be really helpful because right now I am using disclaimer and its not doing what I want

• Jeremy Caney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really nice. In addition to consistency, it would also make it a lot easier to setup new instances of Outlook (since, currently, signatures are stored as part of the local device). That said, this may be problematic in that not all clients support the same degree of formatting. For example, my signature includes a table (for formatting) which isn't supported, at least via the GUI, on most mobile clients.

• DR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need a better solution to make sure all my users sig lines are the same and consistent. It needs to be controller from the O365 tenant and not rely on ANY end user interaction.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, make this platform more complete by offering a simple and yet elegant solution to a problem that everyone faces.

This can be a huge score for microsoft. Please add this asap :D

• Mark Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is plenty of feedback on signatures but this one sums it up hence the 89 votes!! Please bring us this functionalty to personalize of signatures or atleast comply to the company standards with a logo attachment applicator

Feedback and Knowledge Base