Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office 365 Home - Personal email domain availability

Let us use a personal email domain in Office 365 Home.

2,319 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Glenn Røsbekk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
try this instead  ·  o365uv_suite_fb responded  · 

You can use your own personal email with a personal domain to connect to any type of Office 365 subscription, including Office 365 Home. Office 365 Home relies on a Microsoft account for authentication. A Microsoft account can be created with any personal domain email, it is not required to be Outlook.com/Hotmail.com, etc. Once the Microsoft account is created using your personal email, you can use it to activate and sign into your Office 365 Home subscription.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, go to the Microsoft account sign-up page and click on Create account. In the User name box enter your personal domain email address you wish to use. Fill out the rest of the form and click Create account.
Now you can set up your Office 365 Home subscription with your Microsoft account. This will be the Microsoft account associated with your Office download. If you have already purchased Office 365 Home and it is not associated with a Microsoft account that is registered with your personal domain email, you have two options. You may contact support for account and billing inquires at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/get-support/office/office-365-home-premium#. The second option is to share your Office 365 subscription with your personal domain email as if you were sharing with a new user (see below).
To add users, log into Office365.com, click on My Account in the upper right portion of the webpage. This page will help you manage your Office 365 Home subscription, allow you to share the subscription with up to four other users, activate your other benefits such as Skype minutes and 1TB of storage on OneDrive, and much more. To share your subscription with other users, click Share Office 365, which will send an invite to any email address. Before the person you invited can use your subscription, they will need to sign in with their own Microsoft account.

109 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a mutch wanted feature for me too...
    O365H needs this! Im stuck with google till it comes.
    Even with O365SMB you need to pay for (in my case) 5 users. - im not doing that!

I need a O365H with 5 user-emails with MY domain, just like MS gives 5 user access to office products !! - PLEASE MS, do it soon!!!

• Jose de Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bet there are more home users with private domains than anything else. I was thinking about using office 365 as well, but alas, I can't find a way to configure my home domain. I have three personal domains.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I cannot attach my private domain to Office Home, I won't subscribe to it.
    Full stop.
    I am not a company I won't buy a subscription as a company. By the way I should provide a company name when I would try. Should I cheat to be able to pay for something?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked about this before buying Office 365 Home - the lady on the chat session said "sure, no worries, you can point your domain at it". You can't. So now I have to cancel my subscription again. I suspect she thought I meant connecting my outlook to multiple mail servers, but what I asked for was to point multiple domains at it. Sigh.

• Alex Filep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have previously submitted feedback on this to Microsoft. It's a real gap in the current version of the 365 Home product. I can only speak for my family, but I suspect it's preventing many other families too from taking full advantage of the O365 and Windows environment.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base