Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Be able to sort emails by category ... like you could in previous versions of outlook

1,257 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tiffany Marlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

154 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back categories!! I work on multiple projects with large lead times, and I NEED to be able to sort my inbox!!!!

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use the search box in upper left of folder pane to search by typing the word 'category' followed by a colon(:) followed by your category name

category:Pending

Admitted it would be better if there was a keyboard shortcut for this, but for those with many categories it can help

Similarly

to:[email or lastname]
        cc:[email or lastname]
        Subject:[SearchTerm]
        body:[Text]
        date:[date]
        Type:[email,appointment]

• Fraser howe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Office 365 (desktop) on Windows 10 Pro: How to create/assign categories to messages, calendar items, contacts, tasks; then how to filter view by category/categories (more than one)?

I need to be able to sort my Outlook Tasks by Category in Office 365 - it's possible in the Outlook client but not online

Sorting by category is essential for outlook being any use at all. I already use folders to store emails that have been dealt with, but I also need to organise emails within my inbox that are yet to be dealt with. Categories achieves this, but without the ability to sort it's useless.

• bob spunge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a category view listing all emails by applied categories. You allow people to tag by categories but you don't allow people to show all their emails with an applied category. I am simply forced to use this product but honestly, I would enjoy using it with this feature..right now, All i am thinking about is just to stop using it, unusable.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you sort a mailbox to show things that have 2 categories?

Sort by is not working properly. Cant reach to a specific name. Taking me to last email in inbox

• JHorvath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Three years people have been begging for this to be fixed and still not addressed? Cmon Microsoft.

• Connie McVicker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just migrated over to online Office 365 - I struggle with many hurdles as well with majority of this platform as there are so many things you can't do without software downloaded on computers.

That said, I just found a trick to view my neverending list of emails sorted by categories. Since there is no option like before, in the Search Box in top left corner, I typed in the exact name of one of my categories called Waiting on Someone Else - I've used this for years. And guess what, it filtered out all emails based on those with that tag. I tried with several and it works, sometimes I have to put in parenthesis.

Maybe that will help others :)

• Firas Alnemer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't allow for a conducive migration from G Suite to Office 365. How should we talk people into migrating if this doesn't work since people utilize Labels in Google rather than folders? Some migrations only pull in via categories.

I can make categories; I can assign emails to categories; I can't then use the categories to sort my mail. WTF? The Web version absolutely needs to fully support use of categories, not just half-assed support.

• Petr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED the sort by Categories function back in Office 365 (online version)!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can sort by categories in the Windows version of Outlook, but you are unable to have conversation view turned on at the same time. It would be good if this could be fixed as well.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring this function to Office 365 online version ASAP. This is in important function when you use this for work.

• Kathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED the sort by Categories function back in Office 365 (online version)!!!! Categories is CRUCIAL in what I do and not being able to sort my work email by the categories i've created is making managing my inbox EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

I can create categories and group them by color or by some other type within business office365

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base