Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Change Initials

Do you think it would be asking too much for my name not to be displayed as "BJ" which is a euphemism for oral sex performed on a male? Please, and thank you.

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Bush shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tony If he were in Office as "Roosevelt, Franklin Delano", his initials would show up as "RD"... because that's much better right?

• Chase Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These votes would be better suited on a topic that better explains the issue. This topic has most votes regarding the initials, but doesn't explain much. Wish MS could combine request as once you put all the different requests that are basically asking for the same things this is a pretty hot topic.

Adding my notes from other one:

This is very annoying. Our organization is affected by this also. We have display names "Last, First" and the initials in the image show as "LF". I agree it should follow this progression:
    1) Does account have First Name (GivenName) and Last Name (SurName)? if yes use those for initials.
    2) Does DisplayName have a comma (,) that is not a followed by a Jr., Sr., II, III, IV, etc? If so, assume it is "Last, First" format and create initials accordingly.
    3) If neither of above exist, if there are three words then assume " First Middle Last" format and create initials with "FML".
    4) If none of above, and two words assume "First Last" format and create initials accordingly, "FL".

Added bonus, maybe allow user to specify what to display. This way we can fix account that are for example "IT Department" to not be "ID", but rather "IT" and leave the "D" out entirely.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, Microsoft, you know the way Roosevelt was known as "RDF"? Yeah, me neither.

Feedback and Knowledge Base