Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

The ability to pick your own colour of the initials in the user pic in outlook web app

The Initials that have replaced the silhouette as the User pic in outlook 365 web app are good but it would be nice to be able to pick you own colour choice.

588 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sherryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have uploaded an avatar and it still does not get sent through to people and still comes up pink. I have never been a pink person and furthermore this is so not our branding. Please can you give people the option to choose their colour of their avatar. It can't be hard. Thank you!

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These initials are inane. The circles are inane. This is a business tool, not a junior school project. Get rid of the irritations and make the space available for work. These things are worse than having nothing because they spontaneously and randomly change, so there is no benefit to associating a colour or initial with a user.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also stuck with pink, and I HATE it! I want to be able to pick my colors. Netfix lets me, why not Outlook?

• Sterling Wallstrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this Should be a feature. We use excel for office resource allocation where each employee has a designated color. Would be nice that users displayed at top of screen match their designated color within spreadsheet.

• Christopher Salnoske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone needs to be fired for this lacking feature. Unreal. Thank goodness the OneNote guys figured it out for notebooks and sections, at least those colors don't have to be random/algorithm driven.

• pippa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was flagged in 2015, progress please!! would love this feature

My main is orange and I ******* hate it. My secondary is indigo, I want that one.

• Paul Stawski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the comments about the First Name - Last Name order. Very annoying to be FW while I am Wilma Flintstone. Our naming convention is Last Name, First Name but the initials should be the reverse. Obviously.

The color initials have no benefit an df are just annoying
        Not professional OK for kindergartens!!
        Please provide them option to turn off

Just a tip - if anyone hates their assigned color in their Outlook User Pic (aka avatar), you can just go to Settings and upload a custom avatar picture of your choice. You'll have that picture as your avatar instead of your Outlook initials icon.

I'm stuck with hot pink as well. It was green for ages but it's changed to pink. I'm a man. I'm thinking of Donut, from Red vs Blue when he talks about his armored suit... "It's not pink it's light red!"...... I can't pull that off. It's pink !! "They have another name for light red = Pink."

Yes please on being able to pick colors instead of having them randomly assigned! Also the ability to customize your initials or at least choose First initial Last initial.

Wilma Flintstone is in the system as Flintstone, Wilma and shows up as FW.
        Everyone knows Wilma Flintstone is WF. Who is this FW?

I am stuck with hot pink... I am not 12... I don't want to send any mail. I have to change this !!

How do I put an initial on my gmail circle? I do not know how to upload or download anything at all?

• Larry bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is that person pointing in the photo of the three people at the top of the page? on this site when I try to figure out why my emails have a randomly assigned color and initials I have to view some creepy photo. Nope, moving on. Do the Luddites have a meetup page?

• Ryan Charnock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am being asked for this from a client. They work in the design industry where color and selection of color matters.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base