Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

The ability to pick your own colour of the initials in the user pic in outlook web app

The Initials that have replaced the silhouette as the User pic in outlook 365 web app are good but it would be nice to be able to pick you own colour choice.

688 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, woke up to the pukiest color changes ever, with mine as pink. this definitely needs to be a user defined option...the humanity!

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a small project group with 7 members, by chance there are 3 sets of people with the same initials (AH, AC, and JB) in this group. This makes it almost meaningless to even have icons show on projects since I need to filter for the user to know at a glance who is assigned to a project. Why can't this icon be linked to the Outlook profile picture?

• Daniel Korytar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook web, circle with initials is grey, MS Teams its pink. The ability to change such an aspect of the interface is required

• Sherryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have uploaded an avatar and it still does not get sent through to people and still comes up pink. I have never been a pink person and furthermore this is so not our branding. Please can you give people the option to choose their colour of their avatar. It can't be hard. Thank you!

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These initials are inane. The circles are inane. This is a business tool, not a junior school project. Get rid of the irritations and make the space available for work. These things are worse than having nothing because they spontaneously and randomly change, so there is no benefit to associating a colour or initial with a user.

I am also stuck with pink, and I HATE it! I want to be able to pick my colors. Netfix lets me, why not Outlook?

• Sterling Wallstrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this Should be a feature. We use excel for office resource allocation where each employee has a designated color. Would be nice that users displayed at top of screen match their designated color within spreadsheet.

• Christopher Salnoske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone needs to be fired for this lacking feature. Unreal. Thank goodness the OneNote guys figured it out for notebooks and sections, at least those colors don't have to be random/algorithm driven.

• Paul Stawski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the comments about the First Name - Last Name order. Very annoying to be FW while I am Wilma Flintstone. Our naming convention is Last Name, First Name but the initials should be the reverse. Obviously.

The color initials have no benefit an df are just annoying
    Not professional OK for kindergartens!!
    Please provide them option to turn off

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base