Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add more color choices for office themes

Add some darker color choices for outlook themes.

527 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Russell Hugenberger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Mitch Steidl … I hear you (even if currently Microsoft doesn't) … for some reason, the platform that usually has far too many options, in the case of color options, it has been really restrictive. I hope eventually they fix this as for quite a few people, the lack of alternative color schemes is starting to be a vision impairment issue.

Microsoft, if you're listening, fix this, eh?

• Mitch Steidl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone heard of MS addressing the bland color scheme of MS Office as yet? The 4 choices are are basically lousy!!!!!!!!!!!

• Frederic Lang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option to import more office themes through the windows store, please. The palette of four options is far, far too limited.

• Marnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love some actual background design, muted but within the color scheme so I don't just some blankness, maybe a forest? or a sky?

I'd add my vote to be able to have the color headers with the rest of the dark gray and black themes. I am finding it easier to work with dark grey than the standard theme, but I miss that visual 'green... I'm in excel!' thing.

Overall, the current themes seem to be the worst sort of compromise between offering choice and retaining control or security (API done wrong is a window of vulnerability, I'm assuming...). If we can't have outside developed themes, maybe a user enabled customize colors area would be appropriate, if time consuming for the user, with a way to set multiple customized themes, set per application, and an easy reset to default button.

• Dave Compton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having blue for banner/icon for both Outlook and Email is not helpful; enable them to be set separately please.

• Steve Flora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide some official input on this question ... just to show that someone at Microsoft is paying attention to this subject.

• Steve Flora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is vital that Microsoft work on expanding the color/colour choices in the themes for Office 365. People with vision problems in particular are finding the very limited choice of variations in this area to be increasingly problematical from the standpoint of being able to make out what is on the screen. Please/please make correcting this a priority until it is improved! It is impacting the ability to use this software with any degree of efficiency.

I'd like to know how many people ever tested the usability of these flat and colourless UIs. If anyone ever did, they all seem to have been ignored (or maybe honest feedback was not wanted)

What's really needed is an open API that allows Indi developers to create themes and skins. If I look at Windows 10 and office 365 they are the most bland UIs you can imagine.

Reading the other comments - this obviously seems to be just a page (like a black hole) so that people can submit their frustration somewhere. No feedback.

I've been forced to office 365 by my employer. It's absolutely terrible. Can't find anything anymore. No real colours. Wasted screen space. No structure - all flat. It's like being in a flat desert, when your used to being in colourful mountains.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anybody out there? Perhaps you're just ignoring the people who pay your salaries? Give us something to work with; whoever changed the themes for Office needs to find some place else to work. These are really ******* the eyes. Seriously considering Apple and Mac. At least they write back!

• Roland Kager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here another addition to the long long long long list who wants it to be made possible to include custom color themes and not be stuck to 4 preset Microsoft themes... Why on Earth was this basic option removed?

The four basic themes offered simply are not useful for me. I want what is essentially the Dark Grey Theme but with a different color choice like Mauve or Lavender, either of which are easier on the eyes. This is especially important for ones like me who spend many hours each day on Outlook! Give us our choices back -- like we had with Outlook 2007 and 2010. This version is making me regret upgrading!!!

Would like to have some white theme with light darker colors like yellow/white. And make Outlook new messages in Inbox background color highlighted

• Kathy Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The white background makes my head pound. I'm tired of having a headache every time I work in Office. Please give us better choices then white!

Our office upgraded Monday to office 365. This BRIGHT WHITE is very straining to my eyes. I need a lighter gray or something warmer asap!! Why are there no other options than dark or bright???

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base