Fix PowerPoint Online Inability to print with Notes Pages
We believe this is a bug (MS ticket 15422724) but were told to put it here.
- Create a new PowerPoint deck in any of the clients
- Add a slide, any type, and put some notes in the bottom.
- Store this deck in OneNote/Powerpoint
- Go into the link and open the deck in Powerpoint online
- Once the slide is up, use the slider at the bottom and pull it up to view the notes. Add some text, even one character is fine.
- Now try to print the deck with Notes pages
You can't, the deck has been corrupted as far as Notes Pages go, you have to recreate the deck.
Michael Shirley commented
This is quite a problem. We've experienced the same issue. We have to copy notes out of powerpoint and into a word document so our trainers have something to use for their presentations. I have even painstakingly recreated slide decks to only have them corrupted again when added to SharePoint. It seems that the only way to print notes is to keep the deck to yourself on your own device and not share with others.