Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Change the ribbon icons back to how they were!

The new ribbon icons are terrible!

They are very low contrast and I'm having trouble working out which is which!

There's very little colour and it's really hard to differentiate between similar icons. I have 'set print area' and 'preview and print' next to each other and there's no difference aside from a thin blue line on set print area.

Please provide the option to change back to the previous icons or the ability to select from high contrast or low contrast.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Carolyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

color is part of communication! bland, colorless icons are like speaking in a monotone. microsoft, you should know better.

• Keane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - omg the usability of these are terrible! I'm a professional presentation consultant and designer working exclusively in Powerpoint - I can't tell which icons are which! Talk about a huge step backward... come on....

I saw someone call them toddler icons on another site and I couldn't agree more. This is not new and improved. It's horrible. Change for the sake of change is not going forward. When will you learn if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fuzzy, colourless and bland. You have to actually look for the option now rather than glance and click. 200,000 years of human evolution and this is the best UI designers can do?

I would love to get the old icons back - and they were not as good as the ones before etc etc...

Couldn't agree more. Now there's just an undistinguishable mess of lines and you have to start looking to spot the one you want to click on.

Please give us our old icons back or at least the option to disable the new ones.

• Heath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, the new icons are awful! I now have to stop and look for the button I want, it's wasting my time. I've set the theme to colourful but the icons themselves are just terrible. An option to use new or old icons would be better than just forcing this rubbish on us all.

I remember them pulling the same stunt in Visua Studio 2012. As Always, they throw resources at things people did not ask for, they produce changes that nobody likes, are stuborn in defending them, and ignore the things that people would like to see fixed.

• susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New 50 shades of grey approach, I hate it too so temporarily have reverted to previous build. Very little colour and flouncy shapes, when you're clicking 1000s of times a day the extra recognition time adds up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base