Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office 365 support for Windows Server 2019

With the recent announcement @ Ignite that Office 365 would not be supported on Windows Server 2019, I’d like to request that decision to be reversed. As a long time RDSH admin this is a poor decision and would require using Office 2019 to connect to a cloud mailbox. Essentially requiring a double license for Office functionality in RDSH.

1,904 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jdoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So maybe a LibreOffice installation can be an alternative... But we are all couchpotatoes and won't change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Office 365 ProPlus, our flagship Office experience, will be supported on Windows Server 2019."
    Can you specify a date, or is it already supported?

• Kim Fiva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent way to make your partners look stupid, and move the focus away from your cloud services. We have testet WVD and it just sucks, a really bad product, works in 2% of our use cases. Microsoft is generating a big thrust issue here, by first promising and guaranteeing Office 365 on RDS, and now removing it. Come on Microsoft, you tried to kill of your partners before, that did not work well.. Reverse this stupid decision, and start to work with your partners, not against them.

• Andrew McKenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kind of a ridiculous licensing (not technical) decision simply to push a Microsoft direction. I have spent time pushing clients to the office 365 model, now I have to say that is no longer appropriate to their environment. Makes me a bit sick. Hard to maintain a positive view of Microsoft both internally and externally with this sort of approach.

If Office365 will not work on Server 2019 RDS , how are our customers supported to use it?
    Our customers have the requirement to use locally installed office on RDS, however Office2019 can not be used, due to licensing constraints...
    Please explain @MS!

• Michael Luttmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customers decide whether they want to work on premise or in the cloud. Windows Server 2016 is not an alternative, we need a reasonable solution, not all programs run in the cloud at a reasonable cost. Gives us Windows 10 Multi Session version as local installation.

• stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying to get our customers to office 365 and exchange online, that is an absolute showstopper! If we'had to buy an normal office pro plus, there are no more arguments for using the office 365 exchange...... :-(

How stupid is that... It is a big step back. Shame on you Microsoft, your really suck big time.

We're trying to get our customers to office 365 and exchange online, that is an absolute showstopper! If we'had to buy an normal office pro plus, there are no more arguments for using the office 365 exchange...... :-(

this is frustrating. we decide now, that we don't buy 260 office 365 e3 plans because the installation on server 2019 is not supported - and show further for another solution.

• Gerald Koerber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

who had this brilliant idea? why not remove RDSH Role from server 2019 completely then? its essentially useless now.
    thanks MS

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base