Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office 365 support for Windows Server 2019

With the recent announcement @ Ignite that Office 365 would not be supported on Windows Server 2019, I’d like to request that decision to be reversed. As a long time RDSH admin this is a poor decision and would require using Office 2019 to connect to a cloud mailbox. Essentially requiring a double license for Office functionality in RDSH.

938 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Harald Gmelin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As MS Partner we want to push O365, but if Server 2019 RDS doesen`t support O365 E-Plans this does not make sense! Pleas change this!

• Bob Gilchrist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Insane. Not everyone wants to use Azure. You will lose sales and damage the business of your loyal resellers. That's the polite response. We are furious.

• Nicholas Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crazy decision - this from a Gold Partner with 1000s seats. This will also undo many current sales opportunties for O365 E3 and E5, M365 E3 and E5.

Total madness.

• Mae2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely wrong descision, should we migrate all the customers do libreoffice or to G-Suite???

• anoniem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its kind of insane that this is the case, we can install Office 2019 just fine, log in with shared computer activation and it seems that this is allowed with regards to licensing, but you do lose alot of functionality and the quick builds...

• Matt C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We rely heavily on Office 365 and its functionality in an RDSH Server 2016 environment. It seems like such a pointless and backwards step to remove support for Office 365 in Server 2019.

Please "fix" this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't jump in to conclusions. It doesn't say anything about Click-to-run version of office. Works well in RDSH. Licenses, I don't know, but technically.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unbelievable… What to do for environments where clouds is prohibited by law (goverment, law enforcement…)

• Tore Skaara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm working with one of the largest IT-companies in Norway and we have A LOT of customers using Office 365 on XenApp/Virtual Apps and Desktops with Windows Server 2012 R2/2016. We will definitely lose a lot of business if support for Office 365 on Windows Server 2019 is not offered, and Microsoft will lose business too. We need this support as quite a lot of business systems require an "on prem" Office installation (addins, integrations, cross-platform workflow etc). I understand the Microsoft "vision" of all things cloud, but one cannot force the hand on this matter and hope that "one shoe fits all". Many of the business applications are not "cloud ready" and will not be so in many years, just ask your 3rd party developers. So, please, support for Office 365 on Windows Server 2019 is of the utmost importance!

• Nutella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot understand why MS go this way. Listen to your customers and bring O365 on Windows Server 2019!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base