Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Linux support

I will in the future use both Linux and Windows pc at work. The lack of real linuxsupport is a problem. Please support LInux in onedrive/sharepoint.
Hopefully also a office 365 package for linux would help

2,033 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Skjar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

158 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cesynho Coast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Não faz porque não quer muitos dos meus amigos estão instalando o libreoffice até mesmo em máquina Windows só porque não tem suporte Microsoft Office no Linux para ficarem logo familiarizados com libreoffice.

• Travis Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft keeps saying the love Linux but Office is already running on various *nix devices (Office apps on Android, Office for macOS, Office on iOS) proves that Microsoft could easily make the Office suite available for Linux. We absolutely need this in the modern workplace.

• Sebastien Lemieux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the limitation I see for our project to migrate our web developers from Windows to Linux... The linux subsystem works for most of our needs, but it is not perfect, and our development tools are not compatible with Windows.

We're testing the browser version of each software for now, which are also not perfect but covers most needs.

• Matt Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having a Linux client in unacceptable since you (Microsoft) have spent all this time creating .Net Core which is cross-platform. Rewrite all these clients in .Net Core and it will run everywhere. That's what you tell all the devs using .Net, please take your own advice and let us (the end user) choose what platform we would like to use that best suits our needs, not the platform that has the most apps we need to use.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need an Office 365 package for Linux, it's available for literally everything else (iOS/iPadOS/Mac - Chromebooks, Android) but No Desktop Linux like say Ubuntu.

We use a few Ubuntu workstations at the Office here for various tasks where it has advantages over Windows, but have to make do with other solutions if not web outlook etc.

• Elsie Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Por favor, façam a atualização do OFFICE365 para funcionar também no LINUX. Também podemos consumir os serviços MS.

• John Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you build it for the Mac (which has a BSD unix kernel) then you can build Office 365 that actually works on linux. You are forcing me to use an alternative, such as LibreOffice.

• CesynhaCosta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

vejo muita gente falando mal sobre isso mais eu acho uma inguinorança quanto mais serviços e programas no linux melhor e que o windows vire um linux

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base