Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add an option for MS Stream to export the transcript to Word/Excel

I would like to have the option to export the Microsoft Stream video transcript to other filetypes (with appropriate formatting), such as Word or Excel. Perhaps the Word export would be a running paragraph of text with no timestamps, whereas the Excel export could be two columns. In column A, we could have the timestamp; in column B, we would have the text of that phrase.

This, and any other exports, would be greatly helpful!

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Seth Fewell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a compliance archiving requirement to export Stream video transcripts to an .EML format so we can send them via SMTP to an archiving solution. This would allow us to enable recording/audio in Teams for a large subset of users who are highly regulated - think financial services.

• Adam Hutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't been able to select all the text in the transcript window because it dynamically loads. I was able to write a bit of JS that gets me what I want, but this will only work until the MS Stream UI changes:

`window.angular.element(window.document.querySelectorAll('.transcript-list')).scope().$ctrl.transcriptLines.map((t) => { return t.eventData.text; })`

• Eric Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not ideal but i was able to select all the text in the transcript window and copy it. It came out like this:

00:35
    You select the square sample content.
    00:39
    After selecting it we click the references tab.

etc.

• Pradeep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully vote for this request. Here's a quick usecase: I am a manager who has uploaded a video where a couple of people are talking over a subject. I want my team to document this video in words by referring to this video. At this point, they would require the transcript of the video which would be very usefl.

Feedback and Knowledge Base