Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Enable external users to use Approvals in Flow

As explained by Microsoft Office365 Support, the template Approvals in Flow does not allow external users to interact with the full process. An external user can access a SharePoint site (e.g. to browse an item list) but he/she cannot press the button Approve/Reject in the email created by the Approval process in Flow. This restriction "by design" is negative for companies like ours where we handle approvals of documents by colleagues who work for different subsidiaries (=every subsidiary a different Office365 tenant) and therefore it is impossible to manage flow inside such organization.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Renato shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Morten Therkildsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please read this update. Even that we now are late in June 2019, I can not see it is working or I may be doing something wrong ??

• Mike Romana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this is unreal. We need this for our guest partners as well.
    Will this ever be realized?

• Lisa Grewe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just encountered this issue. Our organization helps to manage a non-profit - with board members from other organizations with their own email addresses. They are on our SharePoint site as external guest users and we would like to use the approvals Flow to get documents approved by the board and committee members.

Feedback and Knowledge Base