Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Keep tenant data even after deprovisioning of all subscriptions

If you had an O365 Subscription and had a lot of work done and saved on Sharepoint/Onedrive you would know how detrimental it would be if you lost that data.

Why is the data deleted once the subscription is deprovisioned? Why isn't the data just stored indefinitely?

A suggestion would be to start permanently holding tenant data even after the deprovisioning of the license so that in-case someone needs that data, they can re-purchase subscriptions and get all their data back.

Or at least add a service where someone could be able to pay a fee to recover data in such scenarios.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Iyad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Make Office 365 Great Again commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was on the phone with the Fake News Office 365 support today and they told me I can't recover my data after The Russians stole it from me and gave it to Fake News CNN. I had no choice.. but to cancel my subscription with their terrible product. Absolute losers!!! They will not be around for too much longer.. Believe Me!!

• Abigail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wasted my whole day with support trying to recover my data, I would expect a company like Microsoft to have the capability to retrieve my data if necessary...

• Barry Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not mentioned when we created our account? if I knew that this is the case i wouldve went with google

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We allow our data to be uploaded to the cloud just to then have it thrown in the trash! Isn't the cloud suppose to help us store more data??

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so triggered right now...I just lost my data for over 300 users

• Lady McBeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my business was hacked I was forced to change tenant....this was a long and terrifying process. My account was deprovisioned by the time everything got settled and now I've lost all my business information.

Without any way to connect to my customers how am I suppose to start my business again???

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always wondered the same thing!!!

What if I decide to come back to O365?? I should have a right to purchase my own data back!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is rich enough to save our data for ever , if facebook can do it for free they can too

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently suggested the same thing to O365 support after spending more than 5 hours on the phone with them. I can understand from the Microsoft point of view that they must find efficient ways to manage their data, but if I am willing to pay big dollars to have it stored on their servers while my tenant is deprovisioned shouldn't that be an option ?????

Feedback and Knowledge Base