Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add More than 6 Label Options in Planner

Please allow more than 6 labels for a task in Planner. Six labels is nowhere near enough for a viable group organizational tool. This limitation greatly handicaps the application, and drastically reduces the number of ways that it can be used.

1,078 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gary Lundblad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Janet LeClair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the Planner - just discovered it this week, but yes, please, add more than 6 labels. I've used Trello and JIRA and are used to more labels. We are using them to identify "epics" and need additional ones to support the work.

• MARCEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HAVING GOTTEN USED TO TRELLO, THIS IS A STEP DOWN! PLEASE FIX THIS! LOOKING FORWARD TO USING PLANNER AD NAUSEUM!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need more than only 6 labels ! Any comments on when this issue will be adressed ?

We would really like to see more color labels in planner and to have a monthly and quarterly filter added.

This is an absurd limitation.The radio silence from Microsoft here leads me to believe the Planner is being written out of their Microsoft 365 services roadmap.

• anònim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am considering to implement this tool in our company, as stated, this will be a big concern when I present the tool to the people that will have to use it.

• Tres Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need more than 6 labels to categorize tasks, particularly for more complex efforts. Planner has nice integrations but we don't want to move off of Trello to Planner since this label shortage will require compromising how we track tasks.

• Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important to allow Planner to function the way we need it to. With only 6 label options, we can't represent enough items for them to be used correctly.

Definitely needs flexibility to use unlimited labels as there is not enough tagging available to make this a serious planning tool.

• anonyme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

6 labels are definitely not enough. Would appreciate you adding more. Thank you

• anonyme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please, I'm facing the same problem. More labels would be realllllly useful

Feedback and Knowledge Base