Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Enable multi-geo support for smaller tenants

We have a global company but only a small (around 350) licensed user base. We would dearly love to be able to leverage multi-geo functionality in order to be compliant with data sovereignty laws.

307 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Ketley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. We have 250 licenses but are global. We need this to be compliant in all jurisdictions.

• Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a client with 150 users based in Australia that is now opening an office in the UK with about 10 users. To be compliant with EU GDPR I really want the UK data to be housed in that region.

Without Multi-Geo I will be faced with setting up a separate Office 365 tenant for the UK and any further countries they open in that follow similar programs to the EU GDPR.

Please reduce or remove this limit

• SK Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be best if it can flexible for all office 365 tenant, which benefit to both big & small business.

• Mark Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have clients that grow internationally via acquisitions and are under 5000 for now. It would be a huge benefit to lower the limit or have an exception process.

• Roti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have over 1000 users spreading mainly in Asia and Europe. We have been waiting for this function since MS announced it last year. Definitely need it.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're even smaller, but we need this function urgently because of US government regulations. (One of our subsidiary companies is based in the US of A.)

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base