Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Planner App file attachment default save location setting per plan

Add a setting to the planner application to be able to set the default location attachment files are saved. Currently attachments uploaded are saved in the root folder of the SP site that hosts the plan. If the plan was created thru a Teams Channel the attachments get saved in the root Documents folder of the Team which results in a mess especially across multiple channel plans.

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hugh Prince shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature is needed.

However, the behavior I would like to see is (at least in co-existence scenarioes with Teams) that by default the file is stored not on "root" Level, but within the Channel context.

E.g., if the Team / Site is named "site_name" and the Channel is named "General", file attachments which I upload (regardless whether via the Planner interface or - sometimes in the future - via the Planner for Teams interface) should by default be stored to

https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/site_name/Shared%20/Documents/General/filename.ext

• Joe da Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - a dialog should appear that allows you to select a folder within that O365 groups library!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner is a great tool, but not being able to define the default file location is a major logic flaw when using multi projects within a single team. It must be possible to change the default location. In an ideal world it would be great to be able to change the default location and offer an ability to move existing files in the current default location to the new location. This would allow users to clean up their folders.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each bucket in Planner should correspond to a folder inside the planner file directory on the teams site. This along with reoccurring tasks would make planner much more useful than it is in its current state.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge problem with our team site. Options to select where to place the files would be ideal, but at the very least place them in a "Planner" directory or something similar.

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree - when attaching document to a completed task it would be a huge advantage to be prompted as to the location where the file is to be saved even if its just a sub folder within the Plan's SP document folder. Ideally it could be any location within the organizations file structure that the individual user has access to.

• Nicklas Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found that this is a great annoyance to my users. Files attached to a plan in planner can only be put in the "Documents" library and if they are moved, links are broken. Even just a menu to chose where the file is placed when attaching would be a benefit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base