Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Eliminate "top results" in Outlook searches

I recommend eliminating top results, or at least making it an option. Most often, when I search for something, I need to see the sequence of emails and having some set off as "top results" defeats this. Additionally, I'm hard pressed to understand just what qualifies something as a "top result" when using one or two key words.

270 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook team didn't know what they were doing, before putting out the half-complete product. The "Top Results" pull out some emails which are nonsense, neither alphabetically nor chronologically filtered, just a chaos, mess!

• Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us an option to disable this feature or make it have a different visual to it somehow.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To disable Top Results: Go to File -> Options -> Search and uncheck "Show most relevant search results on top. Exit Outlook and go back in. I got this from Ben and Gil on the MS Outlook team.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that there should be an option to get turn it off. Nice effort, but I find it is not very helpful.

• Ryo Saeba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, it's 2019. We have foldable phones for Christ sake. But we can't control this annoying "feature" that obviously nobody wants.

• Colin Ong-Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please get rid of this feature or make it optional. I have wasted far too much time trying to figure out why I'm not seeing the most recent message in a thread only to realize I'm looking at "top results."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In whose world are these "Top Results"? I want to move there - random, imaginative, and a waste of space without a care.

For a ****** product, top results is easily the most annoying and useless feature.

Yes, please please please give us the option to not use "top results" in the web version of Outlook.

I loathe this "feature". Its disruptive and its adding to the list of reasons I have to switch to Thunderbird. Please either entirely remove it or make it optional.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more!!! This needs to be removed ASAP! It messes up my workflow. Why move emails to a different section, so they are out of order?

• Aruna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, don't you have anything to do? Why do you waste time for unwanted stuff? I don't want to call this is a feature. It seems to be a bug.
    Thanks

• StephenW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

File\Options\Search Uncheck Show most relevant search results

Top results are now gone for me.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base