Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix saving all attachments to a folder in Outlook 2016

Since about september 2017 you cannot save "all attachments" to a folder any more. When you click "save all attachments", there is no error message, the files are just not saved. It is described here (https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_2016/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht/8be09012-37dd-4647-8b99-98cdcdbdd83d) and here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/819dcbc5-b70b-4396-8eb4-85a8f6cda005/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht-gespeichert-werden-die-datei-kann-nicht-gefunden-werden?forum=Office2016ITProDE).
It happens on local and network drives on Windows 10 with Outlook 2016.

215 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • v commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still broken cant save all to a network drive. Lame. Since they are so tardy, maybe they can outsource it to Apple to fix it.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used a workaround to add a network location rather than a mapped drive.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is happening with this issue? Still waiting for a fix for an issue you guys created....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Save All Attachments seems to be fixed for local drives (after doing an "Online Repair" of the program-be warned if you try the repair you will lose all of your pinned files), but Save All Attachments still will not work when trying to save to network drives-a HUGE issue! The Microsoft tech that was helping me with the issue concluded by pointing me to the article from MARCH 2018 that says the work around is to save locally then cut and paste to a network folder. This issue should be an easy fix, and is a huge inconvenience, why hasn't it been resolved already?? Microsoft, please help!!

I've seen a posted question about this problem as far back as August 2017. 1 Year and counting. Really? Maybe you need to hire some folks from Apple.

Microsoft, shame on you. This really should be a no-brainer for high tech geeks like you. You should be more responsive to your users.

• KPC1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just look at how many people you would make really happy by fixing this!

Still no fix, using Build 1806. Roughly 200 clients affected at only one customer for example. incredible!!!

• Sherry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never had an issue with this up until a week ago give or take. Blah!

• Hermann Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users are getting more and more unsatisfied and are complaining about this bug. I cannot imagine that this is hard to resolve.
    Please fix this asap.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base