Modern Sites - improvements
Currently modern sites have the following (and more) drawbacks:
Modern pages are VERY limited in their functionality right now:
• Title header on Site Pages cannot be deleted and if an image is present, takes up 1/3 of the page. Font cannot be configured.
• Limited to what you can do with font in text web part, plus there is no way to place an image with a hyperlink underneath unless using Quick Links.
• Spacing is mainly you get what you get as to how the sections place on the page (although you can easily change the number of columns per section, which is nice). However, you can’t specify that you’d like something a certain height or width.
• Can’t configure titles for web parts
• Can’t configure borders for web parts
• These are nothing like publishing pages (and publishing cannot be turned on without skewing the modern experience – it blows up a number of items)
• Recent items never show the most recent items
• When adding a document to a library with metadata, does not prompt you to add metadata – you must remember to add it afterwards.
Would be great to have a more flexible experience in modern sites.
Please make it happen!
Lucy Pearson commented
I would like to be able to remove the title header area on a modern page