Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix Excel Online Print Paper Selection Defaulting to A4

When printing from Excel online (in either IE or Chrome) the paper type is defaulting to A4 instead of Letter.

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rebecca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with other comments. Microsoft knows where we are. In company settings if I tell Micro... that I am in NA then defaults should be adjusted accordingly. Not that hard....

• Rob Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't excel online use the what is set in the document? If I open and print in EXCEL, it is fine, if I open and print in Excel Online, none of the print settings set in the document properties are used and it defaults (foolishly) to A4 and Portrait.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we cant' even buy A4 paper. This is crazy. Please let us choose the default, or at least default to Letter

Please do not change it to A4 or at least allow us to set our own default if you are changing it.

I think the default should be whatever we in North America use every day - which in my world is "letter" 8.5 x 11 in size.

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either use my country information to know that I am not using A4 paper, or better, when I change it remember my settings for the next time I go to print from my user.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base