Disable the new AutoSave by default, as it can lead to a loss of data
The new AutoSave can potentially lead to a loss of data. If you open any Word, PowerPoint, etc. doc, there is an "AutoSave" that is automatically on, on the upper left. If you're changing some stuff around and don't want to save, it still saves it. Or if you delete some things and then save as copy, your original is gone, because AutoSave was on. This is a horrible feature and should be disabled by default.
Version 1705 (Build 8117.1000 Click-to-Run)
Office Insider Fast
We see two patterns in this feedback thread and are addressing them now. The first pattern is that users want AutoSave OFF. The second pattern is that the Template scenarios are problematic with AutoSave.
To address turning AutoSave OFF, we have implemented these capabilities:
1. To avoid accidental edits by others, the owner of a file can set it to Always Open Read-Only. This can be done by setting the file to open in Read-Only Recommended (File > Info > Protect Document/ Workbook/ Presentation > Always Open in Read-Only) or by Sharing the file without allowing others to edit (File > Share > People with the link can edit > Uncheck the “Allow Editing” box).
2. Users can turn AutoSave OFF for a file. While a document is open, clicking the AutoSave toggle turns AutoSave OFF for the current document for that user. The next time the same user opens the document, AutoSave will be OFF. If they open a different document, AutoSave will not be affected by their choice in the other document.
3. Users can set AutoSave to be OFF by default for all files opened in that specific application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Go into File > Options > Save (to set AutoSave settings)
These are described in more detail in this support article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-it-administrators-should-know-about-autosave-88e0f80f-e5ea-441b-9c5a-259f08490ae7
To address the Template scenarios, we have released a new dialog reminding the user to “Save a Copy” prior to using an existing template if you want to save changes only in the new document. This is in the Production and Semi-Annual channel today.
If you have any questions or additional feedback on these features – please email us directly at: OfficeAutoSave@Microsoft.com
Why in the world you would like to keep 25 versions of your autosaved file? That was in a short session.
Does it protect you? You will never know which is the right one to recover.
Do you really need a memory eater feature to prevent errors from stupid people? They will find out a way to break this new thing.
And you will make unnoticed changes
This is such a dangerous default "feature"! There are so many pre-emptive actions to be taken to deal with the risks. Funny how Microsoft has a whole article about this, reminiscent of a KBA detailing the workarounds for a bug. It is an unacceptable solution to have to train users to avoid inadvertent consequences of a feature. It is also not a viable option to update all documents in a library to always open read-only, resulting in the annoying prompt when you open the file.
Avoir un bon logiciel pour créer et mixer de la musique n'est pas aussi cher que certains le pensent. Il existe un logiciel pour exploiter la créativité musicale avec de nombreux outils et ressources et Virtual DJ en est un, qui comprend également des fonctionnalités d'édition vidéo pour les videoDJ.
E. Altmann commented
Maybe the behavior of autosave and versioning should be improved:
office applications and sharepoint should differentiate between implicit auto-save versions and intentional user-defined versions.
There should be the possibility to let the user control the versioning (at least as an optional setting):
1. even with auto-save turned on, the save button shall work as a user-control for versioning, i.e. when the user operates the save-button, he should be asked whether to (1a) create a new version in addition to the auto-save versions saved since last agreed version, or to (1b) create a new version but delete the intermediate auto-save versions, or to (1c) just overwrite the last agreed version (deleting all intermediate auto-save versions).
2. when the user exits editing (either by closing the file/app or by changing from edit mode to read-only mode, he should be asked whether to (2a) keep all auto-save versions, or (2b) keep just the latest status (and delete intermediate auto-save versions), or to (2c) overwrite the previous agreed version (deleting intermediate auto-saves), or to (2d) ignore/delete all changes and revert to last agreed (user-defined) version from before the edit phase.
Get here best bingo, slots, and casino site with amazing prizes. Connect with us https://www.latestbingo.co.uk to know more about us.
How would I drop my AT&T account-Att.net is a purchaser online interface encouraged by AT&T and featuring a collection of a customizable program that can be founded on substance, for instance, neighborhood and overall news sports highlights, close by atmosphere gauges, convenient applications, and electronic email.
Jules Boutin commented
1. Thank you for sharing the post. We support all types of HP printer related issues and service. Just enter the model number of your printer in https://123helpline.com/123-hp-com-setup-help/ 123.hp.com/setup to identify the software and driver your printer requires or setup a new printer. Get download and install it in your mac and 'Run' the file. The process is easy however if you have any doubts or queries regarding HP printers contact us viva our toll free number.
I love this feature. Do not make AutoSafe off by default, On is the way to go. Users should be educated and learn how to use the integration with SharePoint.It will not lead to data loss, as SharePoint makes a new version in the background. Users fiddling in a document should be told to learn to manually turn it off or save a copy.
Maze Tech commented
Maze Tech is a creative web designing & development company armed with young and passionate crew of designers, developers and project coordinators committed in improving the business of customers through innovative technologies.
<a href="https://mazetech.co.in/digital-marketing-institutes-in-chennai/">Digital Marketing Training Institutes in Chennai</a>
<a href="https://mazetech.co.in/seo-services/">SEO Agency in Chennai</a>
<a href="https://mazetech.co.in/seo-services/seo-consultant/">SEO Specialist Chennai</a>
<a href="https://mazetech.co.in/">Digital Technology Company</a>
Exactly when you don't have cash open to purchase a vehicle and have been turned down for a vehicle credit, don't overlook the option of purchasing a vehicle from a purchase here compensation here vehicle package. A purchase here compensation here dealer can help by setting up an in-house financing plan.
Docs should automatically open in read-only mode to protect against unintentional and, more importantly, unknown edits, i.e. where the user had no idea they changed something. When the user tries to make a edit, a prompt appears confirming they're making edits, then autosave turns on.
There's automatic versioning with autosaves, so I don't see an issue with it being turned on if the user is wanting to make edits.
I just posted this request in SharePoint UserVoice: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/40293076-open-all-library-documents-in-read-only-mode-by-de.
I have clients that have had their work in document removed or changed because of the autosave behavior. Autosave is needed to ensure their work is saved automatically to avoid the loss of their work. However, using SharePoint with autosave on by default, the issue my clients are facing is they have colleagues who just need to read a document but are inadvertently making changes because the documents are not being opened in read-only (with an option to enable editing).
imagenes tristezaa commented
Imágenes con tristes frases de amor Desamor y desilusión: es una realidad que todos en este momento estén alegres perpetuamente, pero está más allá del ámbito de la imaginación. No debería ser un caso especial con respecto al manejo del tormento a lo largo de la vida cotidiana. También necesita manejar circunstancias negativas, sentimientos y sentimientos. De esta manera, es probable que desee deshacerse del equivalente.
It should be disabled by default. Why you force us to do this mantra INFO-PROTECT and so EACH TIME YOU SHARE DOC.
login guide commented
PMI Blackboard Login - in the event that you are an understudy of the Pima Medical Institute and I have to get to the online learning stage like Blackboard. So you have to follow the underneath Guide to get all the information about PMI Blackboard.
Fredrik Lindeberg commented
In a technical sense autosave should always be accompanied with a versioning feature. Autosave is not allowed to remove information, only save the representation visible to the user, only explicit user interaction should ever be allowed to permanently alter the state of any document.
Kenneth Jones commented
This feature is terrible. Thank you for just destroying 6 weeks of my work by overwriting my data with changes that I didn't want to go into the original document. I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't been sued over this yet. Now how do I get my original data back?
Rafael Galdino commented
We need a form to turned off this option in the admin center for all files stored at Office 365 Sharepoint.
Naughty Spin commented
Contact with NaughtySpins if you want to play mobile slot games at your mobile phone then visit our website https://www.naughtyspin.co.uk and enjoy our slot mobile game services.
boost bill pay commented
Lift Mobile Phone Plan in the event that you're a devotee of Telstra consideration, in any case, need to keep up a key good ways from Telstra costs, prepaid provider Boost Mobile may be your optimal match. With no lock-in contracts, bring-your-own-phone straightforwardness,