Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Export Planner tasks to excel

Add an easy way to download all tasks from a plan to excel.

1,723 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Amy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have an ooption to export and import data in planner so it will be possible to re-use a plan. Scenario: We's like to create a plan to run a project and expect to have very similar projects in future. So it would be nice if a set of tasks could be exported and imported in a new planner later again.

We would like be able to have this functionnality as currently we double copy information to xcel for management reporting. And just do not understand why these two MS components are not yet interfaced.

• Jenna Mustar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I am hoping to be able to export the Tasks and statuses and other details from Project Planner within Microsoft Teams to Excel to share with my managers to show progress, workflow and resource needs. This would be extremely helpful and surprised it is not already an option. If it is already available, please let me know but based on these comments I assume not.

• Roxane Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be perfect to be able to extract all the tasks in an excel file with the remaining checklist etc...
    Reporting is not allowed with this great tool from now and that's really missing!

would be good to get this working as the general consensus seems to be that it is a bit of a basic requirement.

• Vivek parashar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a way to export tasks to excel, including the comments of the task!

This will act as a status update report. I see we can export a few things using Flow but I couldn't find a way to export comments.

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do it ASAP! This is something basic for us and export option will enable us to sue planner fully!

Please roll out soon Planner Team!!! This is a must for our organization! I also agree either PowerBi or Excel...either one will work~

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base