Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Please enable the attachment of Sharepoint files while using Outlook online

Currently there is no way to attach a sharepoint file to outlook online without downloading it locally first. Email attachments. in 2017. Come on guys.

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mia McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have done over 150 implementations across to SPO and this is by far the biggest issue experienced. It is baffling that MS haven't dealt with this properly, yet!
    Can't wait for the day that this is properly solved without having to use OnePlaceMail or Harmon.ie (even though I most HIGHLY RECOMMEND these products)

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the next few months we will be completely moving away from on-premises fileshares to SharePoint Online, and I fear that this issue will cause a negative view toward O365 in general that will hurt adoption of all the other amazing features.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to add an attachment to an email from Outlook, wether online or desktop, is a total nonsense!! Our users are so frustrated! Please do something about that, it's critical.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this isn't the most ridiculous thing to have missing from Office 365 I would like to know what is! There is so much to like in O365 but simple things like this make it a frustrating experience for all users

• Mariano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of our clients need to be able to attach SharePoint documents from the Outlook Web application. Is there any chance of this being possible in the near future?

• Sarnst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i want to attach a file I can select the group. however this only connects me to the default document library and not to the others? Why? found a work around Sync my library and then attached via computer. But it would be nice not to have to do this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could really do with this functionality now that we've moved onto SharePoint Online. Our users are struggling to understand why they've lost the ability to drag emails\pdf attachments into SharePoint.

• Al Jacobowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the ability to attach SharePoint online files to Office 365 mail (Outlook 365) will resolve our need to download files locally to a PC/Laptop in order to attach them to email. We cannot allow access to our file structure for HIPAA reasons. This is why we have email encryption. I find it hard to believe that OneDrive files which are based on SharePoint technology can be attached, to Office 365 mail, but SharePoint files themselves cannot. How hard is it to add a feature pointing a link to my SharePoint document library URL? We have no problem attaching SharePoint files with Outlook 2016, why do we have to put up with tis limitation when using Office 365 mail?

• Ronda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. Partners like us are selling your product and we can't explain why Microsoft fails on common sense!

• Robert Crane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users need a way to attach common files from shared locations in traditional Team Sites with people via email. They can already do this with the sites that Groups create but they can only access the default "Documents" area in the group Team Site. If you create additional Document Libraries they are now available as an attachment location unfortunately.

It would be great to be able to select an attachment from both traditional SharePoint Site Collections and Group Site Collections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base