Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Create a helpdesk ticketing system within Office 365

We are currently using Office 365 Planner but it lacks capabilities for a ticketing system - cannot issue trouble tickets, issue categorisation and reporting, allow employees to log their own tickets, etc. How about creating a Helpdesk Ticketing System within Office 365?

Thanks!

961 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jay Pipes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteadyPoint Sales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jay,

Try SteadyPoint Helpdesk, it enables your support teams to build problem catalog, choose their preferred routing algorithm and track issues. you can create service requests from the portal or via email using Microsoft Flow. it also provide Tickets, Services Requests and performance reporting.
        http://steadypoint.net/helpdesk.html

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

take a look at missiveapp.com this is how outlook teams integration should work. Fundamental!

• Luis Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a nobrainer for microsoft. The vast majority of the functionality required is *already* built into Outlook and Planner.

Outlook already has the messaging ability; custom fields can be added there, and the ability to assign tasks. Planner could show the tickets in a Kanban view.

What's missing is the ability to assign/track ticket ids, and to group messages, tasks, etc against a tickets.

Please do this Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last I checked, this ticketing is already available. Check out Powerapps, there is even a ticketing system template.

• Mandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JonathanBlundell was wondering if you could please assist with some info around the Helpdesk Ticketing system that you built. Am very interested to find out more and chat about how you built it. I can be reached on mandyp@heliosits.com - thanks so much.

• Leonardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine a ticketing system integrated with Office365(emails, Teams, Planner, etc) how easy and seamless would that be.
        User can submit ticket through email, teams, emails to teams channel.
        Agents can manage the ticket from the new software, and interact from other software as well.
        Up Up UP.

• shashi ranjan prasad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am unable to access outlook mail.

getting message as

New to Office 365?
        This is your Office 365 home page, where you can see and access all of your Office 365 apps. If it's empty, it could be that your user licence was very recently assigned to you. Wait ten minutes and refresh this page. If you still can't see any apps, contact your IT department. They can help you get up and running.

• Shawna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be using to do with all the back end infrastructure between O365 Groups, Power BI, Planner etc.

• Darpan Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this. For Microsoft, it would be easy to build and very easy way to make their customer happier if they can do it quickly.

There are many be many hundreds of HelpDesk service provider but for small to mid size companies look for something within one ecosystem.

• Jonathan Blundell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I've built a system in SharePoint but it doesn't work well with anonymous users. I'm playing with Flow and Planner but it's still lacking. An all-in-one helpdesk system would be excellent.

• rje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much needed. Work is work regardless of where it flows in from. Should allow for central management of tickets alongside all other work items.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base