Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

recurring tasks in Planner

We have tasks that must be completed monthly...we want to be able to click off when something is done but there needs to be a way to have it auto-recreate each month.

1,436 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this available soon as our small team is completely relying on Office365 and Outlook tasks (where recurring assignments are possible) is not accepted by them because of its old-school look and feel.

• Giles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is utmost important - planner is useless to us without it (used as a daily group schedule - To-Do is nowhere near comprehensive enough)

• misty everard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recurring tasks we complete, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Could you all please add recurring tasks to planner?

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was excited to start using Planner until I tried setting up a recurring task. This is a show stopper and I will not be using this software until this feature is implemented.

• Marlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What seems to be simple features like this is keeping our organization from moving to the "Modern Desktop" more needs to work, or people will hate it from the start and it wont take off. Please add recurring tasks in Planner.

• Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No brainer. We need it now and looking for other options out side teams that has this.

• Manuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is nonsense that we have to use old-fashioned shared mailboxes to be able to have recurring tasks......

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a basic feature should've been a no-brainer to add it to a planner app when it's been available on outlook calendars for how long now...please add recurring tasks! To Do is the same problem. If I need reminded of a weekly task I have to remember to add the task each week now as well as doing the actual task. Cmon Microsoft you didn't get to be a multi billion dollar company with this kind of waste in your organization.

• Jordan Cummins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this not be a feature of a planning program? It is rubbish without the ability to create recurring tasks.

• Melanie Colson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recurring tasks we complete, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Could you all please add recurring tasks to planner?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a list of recurring tasks that require actioning each time a landlords property becomes vacant. Tasks are shared by various members of our team. Can you add recurring tasks please.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base